The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

News about 3.3 patch?

• Patro
    Patro
    ✭✭✭
    It's strange that no one has already asked the "Natch Potes" :D
    Edited by Patro on January 8, 2018 3:13PM
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patro wrote: »

There's a Thread about Natch Potes in the General ESO Discussion Forum
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Patro
    Patro
    ✭✭✭
    Patro wrote: »

There's a Thread about Natch Potes in the General ESO Discussion Forum

Once again, ESO players did not disappoint me
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    patch notes are for the pts, so natch potes discussions also belong to the pts forum;)
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind that when sneaking into an adjacent zone through gaps in the map that the zone that is entered is not really an active game zone, regardless of whether it is in development or finished. At least, the ones I have been to or seen pictures of.

There are no players there. The zones aren't finished. Not everything is there. Nothing works. The terrain doesn't even always match. They are placeholders only. It looks like every zone is a separate map that really only contains the finished map for that zone plus some placeholder maps for adjacent zones. I figure it is some copy-paste artifact from how they generate new zones so that they get placement right and things appear to line up along the borders.

Going from Auridon to Summerset is probably going to show the Summerset placeholder from when they created Auridon. It is possible that this has not changed since 2012 or 2013, and might bear no resemblance to anything they are working on today. There is no reason for them to update the Auridon map to include the latest Summerset development. It could be that they originally planned to do a Summerset Isle years ago and stopped.

One of the things I commented on during Morrowind PTS: If you stand on the far southern end of Vivec City and look towards Stonefalls, you will not see it. You will see land, but you will not see the Stonefalls that you can go to. For whatever reason, when they made Vvardenfell they did not create a copy of Stonefalls so that it appeared to be there across the water. Likewise, the Vvardenfell that we can see from Davon's Watch is not the Vvardenfell that actually exists. This serves as a reminder that the adjacent zones are just placeholders. Facades. Not the real zone.

(edit: and this lack of surrounding zones in Vvardenfell might also be why Solsteim is not there)

Sometimes they copy the actual zones. Walking up the shores of Malabal Tor shows the Gold Coast on the other side of the bay. That is the actual zone data over there (including Anvil). Try setting a feet into the bay there and you will immediately be attacked by Slaughterfish :-)
    I guess they do that when the zones actually neighbor each other while zones like Vvardenfell are to far removed from the other zone to require use the adjacent zone data.
  • vMaick
    vMaick
    ✭✭✭
    Patch note message on top of the page is gone, any minute now
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vMaick wrote: »
    Patch note message on top of the page is gone, any minute now

I still see it...lag?
  • vMaick