Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

360 new storage slots are not nearly enough!

• Dystopia2020
    Dystopia2020
    ✭✭✭
    Izaki wrote: »
    How is it possible to run out of space? I have all needed raid and pvp sets on my characters and still have plenty of space on each character and in my bank. How? I don't hoard useless things.

Do you people not buy furniture?
    Apotheosis Priori~ EP Altmer Vamplar
    Illumanatus Priori~ EP Altmer Mag Sorc
    Apostate Priori~ EP Altmer Mag DK
    Apostate De'Void~ (retired) AD Altmer crafter
    PC/ NA, Vivec
    This is the Spiral Skein. The tower is One. The strands are Eight. The lessons are Forever.
    "No really, I AM an Ayleid".
  • Kangaxx
    Kangaxx
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    2. Do you have 14 characters with max upgraded bag?
    3. Do you have 14 characters with max upgraded mount?

If one of the answers is "no", then STOP WHINING.

Shut up. It's not 2001 and it's not Diablo 2. I won't use mules. It's ridiculous, absolutely stupid and UNACCEPTABLE in 2018.
    I better drop playing, than would use mules (so I did at last).
    In 20 years old Ultima Online you have near infinite bank.
    Edited by Kangaxx on January 6, 2018 5:31PM
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I could be wrong but..

Isn't it 360 slots per house? Aren't the boxes added to collections and complete sets may be placed in each house without having to get additional boxes? Also the boxes may be named.

I'm looking forward to trying the new things on PTS.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    I could be wrong but..

Isn't it 360 slots per house? Aren't the boxes added to collections and complete sets may be placed in each house without having to get additional boxes? Also the boxes may be named.

I'm looking forward to trying the new things on PTS.

Those 360 slots are attached to the individual chests themselves. Chests are handled as collectibles (like Boss trophies), so they aren’t considered to only be in a specific home when you place them. You can place the same chest in every home like a Domihaus bust.

As an example....
    So let’s say you place 60 items into a large chest. That chest is located in your Daggerfall home. You choose to go out and buy a Shadowfen home, then place that same large chest with 60 items into your Shadowfen home *without* removing the chest from your Daggerfall home. You are able to do this because they are handled like Undaunted trophies. Both homes would now contain the large chest with the same 60 items.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ohh, the same items. Thank you for the clarification.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How is it possible to run out of space? I have all needed raid and pvp sets on my characters and still have plenty of space on each character and in my bank. How? I don't hoard useless things.

What's that got to do with anything? Furniture is for houses, why would you keep it in your bag/bank?
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have ESO+ (so no craft bag or extended bank slots). I store all my mats in the bank, and I'm a farmer so I pick everything up. And yet I have absolutely no problems with storage. The problem isn't lack of stroage, its that you hoard too much ***.

I use 3 mules to store gear I don't use reguarly. That's 240 (bank) + 120 (mule) slots. So I'm using 360 item slots in total at the moment to store all my mats and gear, and I'm a bit of a hoarder myself. If you sub, you have unlimited mat storage and 480 slots for gear.

If you need more than that, you've got a serious hoarding problem. It's especially easy to get rid of gear now that we have transmutation. If the trait meta ever changes, you can just re-trait your gear. No need to store 1 of every trait.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on January 6, 2018 10:04PM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Buy storage houses. I have 5-6 houses just fot storing furniture.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kangaxx wrote: »
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    2. Do you have 14 characters with max upgraded bag?
    3. Do you have 14 characters with max upgraded mount?

If one of the answers is "no", then STOP WHINING.

Shut up. It's not 2001 and it's not Diablo 2. I won't use mules. It's ridiculous, absolutely stupid and UNACCEPTABLE in 2018.
    I better drop playing, than would use mules (so I did at last).
    In 20 years old Ultima Online you have near infinite bank.

Or you can just stop hoarding useless items.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on January 6, 2018 10:06PM
  • Kangaxx
    Kangaxx

Of course. It's my problem, that devs force me using mules or buying ESO+, making game uncomfortable in basic things.

Sorry for bad English.
    Edited by Kangaxx on January 6, 2018 10:41PM
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course. It's my problem, that devs force me using mules or buying ESO+, making game uncomfortable in basic things.

Sorry for bad English.

Plenty of games have worse storage than ESO. FF11 wouldn't even let you have mules without paying extra. If you refuse to make do with what is offered to you, there's no helping you.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • Kangaxx
    Kangaxx
    SisterGoat wrote: »

Plenty of games have worse storage than ESO. FF11 wouldn't even let you have mules without paying extra. If you refuse to make do with what is offered to you, there's no helping you.

Do you understand, that it's very weak argument? "Our terrible system is ok, because somebody made worse one".
    Edited by Kangaxx on January 7, 2018 3:30AM
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SisterGoat wrote: »

Do you understand, that it's very weak argument? "Our terrible system is ok, because somebody made worse one".

It really isn't that terrible though. It's certainly not the best and could be better, but there are many ways to get around it. I hate games where you can't even transfer items between your own characters and ESO does not have that problem.
    Edited by SisterGoat on January 7, 2018 4:35AM
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I consider house storage more as a vanity feature, rather than a serious function. I'm happy getting anything. I would've been happy with one chest, so for me, 360 slots is very nice.

That said, if ZoS put in useable armor mannequins and weapon racks for additional storage, I'd be happy too.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    First World Problems ;)
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• Tenn60
    Tenn60
    ✭✭✭
    Not trying to get into this either way, but they did say it was going to be available with telvar which honestly isn’t hard to get and writ vouchers so you don’t have to buy with real money.
  • Shakespeare66
    Shakespeare66
    Soul Shriven
    Fairly new player here... How do I PURCHASE the housing storage in the first place?

Thanks in advance.
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I either craft furniture to sell or to put IN THE house I am currently decorating
    I do not "store" furniture for the sake of storing furniture.
    At times I buy items in advance from Luxury vendor with intention to sell it later but that's about it.
    I don't quite "get" storing furniture to be honest.

I don't have maxed cap of inventory space in bank or character..and I manage fine even with extra gear I keep for the occasion to do harder eso content. I have ESO Plus though...so I know I don't have to worry about space so far mats are concerned.
    PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..
    - High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What most people don't get is that you can have 57465841684 inventory slots and65465684 other characters but 200 on your main only (+bank). Which means everytime you need something, crafting bag or no crafting bag, Eso + or not, you need to log off and log in with another character where you have your items stacked because you can't store it elsewhere. EVERY. TIME. IT IS AWFUL. TIRING AND BAD DESIGN.

The argument "do you have all your characters with max slots?" is irrelevant. Nobody wants to play the inventory management game. It should not be how we spend time ingame. We want to play our characters.
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on January 7, 2018 9:53PM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »
    What most people don't get is that you can have 57465841684 inventory slots and65465684 other characters but 200 on your main only (+bank). Which means everytime you need something, crafting bag or no crafting bag, Eso + or not, you need to log off and log in with another character where you have your items stacked because you can't store it elsewhere. EVERY. TIME. IT IS AWFUL. TIRING AND BAD DESIGN.

The argument "do you have all your characters with max slots?" is irrelevant. Nobody wants to play the inventory management game. It should not be how we spend time ingame. We want to play our characters.

I am curious. The idea would be to have an unlimited bank space and inventory space, yes? Wouldn't it have a bad impact on game performance, servers etc if everyone had unlimited banks space and inventory pack? Every item is some digital data with "weight" no? If I am wrong..correct me.
    Even you email account whether on gmail or on your own server has the "space" limit.. plus the bandwidth limit.

I agree that having to log off and in and "maneuvering" between characters in order to manage storage is ridiculous and it's not what playing this game should be about. But I wonder whether giving players (and to all their characters) the "ideal" unlimited bank/pack inventory space may potentially kill the game?

PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..

• Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    duendology wrote: »
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »

I am curious. The idea would be to have an unlimited bank space and inventory space, yes? Wouldn't it have a bad impact on game performance, servers etc if everyone had unlimited banks space and inventory pack? Every item is some digital data with "weight" no? If I am wrong..correct me.
    Even you email account whether on gmail or on your own server has the "space" limit.. plus the bandwidth limit.

I agree that having to log off and in and "maneuvering" between characters in order to manage storage is ridiculous and it's not what playing this game should be about. But I wonder whether giving players (and to all their characters) the "ideal" unlimited bank/pack inventory space may potentially kill the game?

The amount of space for inventory in the database should be trivial, a few bytes per item at most. Come on, this is 2018!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Corvusco
    Corvusco
    ✭✭
    I've got 99 problems but storage ain't one :D
  • Swimsinwine
    Woah, that's a lot of stuff you have saved. How oftten do you use all the gear you have stored i wonder?

But it's your game style, so play it how you want.
    But please remember that not all of us store that many items, and i'm sure the devs don't expect many people to hoard gear as much as that. hence they wont give out 1k slots or whatnot.

You might find it unfair, but most of the community will probably be happy with 360 slots extra. i know i will. i dont need it, never have inv problems with 5 characters.

and lets face it, devs will look at majority rather than minority.

Be hapy happy it isnt less :P
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The amount of space for inventory in the database should be trivial, a few bytes per item at most. Come on, this is 2018!

~Thought every single ESO player....

Anyway, I don't know. I think only game developers exactly know how much space take all those items created within the game itself.
    I am not a computer scientist but my intuition tells me that it's like with windows on pc, you know. If you don't keep track on it... it takes more and more and more space on your hard drive. I think it may be similar in ESO with players generating data whenever they play, create occurrences, create items in game..or find them. Basically, whenever you play you generate data. .
    I am curious about the specifics of it actually. I suspect there's a valid reason for the inventory spaces. (bank, house, backpack)

PC/NA
    And..

• Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hoarding_o_2660557.jpg
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem with Databases is, all records have to be scanned even if you are filtering the results. So, it can have an effect on the game performance if this large database is always live. When you open your inventory, you see a list of all the items and you filter out locally what you want to see.

Now, what they can do, and maybe the new housing storage is a step in that direction is create a second tier of storage that is only accessed during certain times, like opening this new storage container and not the bank/character inventory. That would allow larger storage if they choose to.

I will know once in the PTS if this is secondary storage or just an expansion of existing storage.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Dystopia2020
    Dystopia2020
    ✭✭✭

I either craft furniture to sell or to put IN THE house I am currently decorating
    I do not "store" furniture for the sake of storing furniture.
    At times I buy items in advance from Luxury vendor with intention to sell it later but that's about it.
    I don't quite "get" storing furniture to be honest.

I don't have maxed cap of inventory space in bank or character..and I manage fine even with extra gear I keep for the occasion to do harder eso content. I have ESO Plus though...so I know I don't have to worry about space so far mats are concerned.

That's great, but I upgrade and redecorate all the time, I don't think I should have to buy another house just to store things as someone else said they do and now I won't have to.
    Apotheosis Priori~ EP Altmer Vamplar
    Illumanatus Priori~ EP Altmer Mag Sorc
    Apostate Priori~ EP Altmer Mag DK
    Apostate De'Void~ (retired) AD Altmer crafter
    PC/ NA, Vivec
    This is the Spiral Skein. The tower is One. The strands are Eight. The lessons are Forever.
    "No really, I AM an Ayleid".
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I found a pic of the op ;) (no offence, it's all in good humour, and it's a cute one!)

gp_crwn_pets_mournholdpackrat_1x1.jpg
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    acw37162 wrote: »
    It’s not even on test and there are complaints.

How about a thank you for the effort.

I thank them by paying them. Also, history has proven over and over that it's never too soon to complain about the PTS, but there is definitely a point at which it is TOO LATE to complain...

whereas i thank them by paying AND not [snip] about what they are doing before its even done. never too soon to complain? did your parents not teach you manners or something?

[Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on January 11, 2018 8:27PM