Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Curiosity

Lestorn
Lestorn
✭✭✭
How come some of the small houses, like Moonmirth, and Snugpod don't have courtyard areas, but Autumn's Glow and Black Vine Villa, cost around the same amount of gold, give or take a grand or two, but Moonmirth and others have no courtyards, but Autumn's Glow, Black Vine, and others do? Also, when will the estate in the Gold Coast(DBH DLC) be available for purchase?
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lestorn wrote: »
    Also, when will the estate in the Gold Coast(DBH DLC) be available for purchase?

I might be misremembering, but I believe this had gone on sale as a limited time offer already.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Woefulmonkey
    Woefulmonkey
    ✭✭✭
    In terms of houses layouts I think it looks like they co-oped existing world assets and converted them to house instead of making ones from scratch. Remember this was an 'after release' and 'unplanned' addition to the game. This would explain why so many 'classic', 'standard' and 'small' homes are a mixed bag of inconsistent features.

Even the larger homes will have widely varying qualities of exterior landscapes and many home interiors or have terrible floor plans that don't make sense based on it's exterior. For instance the Forsaken Stronghold's interior windows do not match up to the exterior windows and it has a massive foundation that would imply a basement or tomb area but no such area exists.

I am pretty sure the Gold Cost Villa was a limited time sale. You can see videos of it on YouTube. If it is like most limited time offers I have see so fare it may come back for sale on an annual basis.

It looks pretty spectacular.
  • patrick_smyth
    patrick_smyth
    ✭✭✭
    Also, when will the estate in the Gold Coast(DBH DLC) be available for purchase?

By this I assume you mean "Linchal Grand Manor"? It went on sale crown store only September 14–18, 2017. I am hoping they will repeat it.

If you mean the new Dark Brotherhood house rumour has it somewhere near Falkreath and not on the Gold Coast. It will probably be live some time in February.

@patrick_smyth PC EU Server
    Character: Richard Greymane - Breton Assassin (Stamina Nightblade) - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Kaktus
    Kaktus
    ✭✭✭
    There's a lot of inconsistency. A tiny home with no outdoors like Snugpod can afford a ridiculous level of detail with all 200 slots filled. Twin Arches and Autumn's Gate are much more limited because you can either choose interior or exterior to be very detailed, or try to split all the slots between the two. Then there's houses like Black Vine Villa with both interior and exterior but also a lot of vertical space for a second floor, so you have to be careful with how many slots you use if you wanna do everything.
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moonmirth is way too small for the item count it has.
    I filled mine with 90 items out of a total 200 (ESO+ here), and I've absolutely no idea what else to put in it that wouldnt clutter it up besides tiny items like books, vials, odds and ends.
  • Kaktus
    Kaktus
    ✭✭✭
    Moonmirth would be much more worth it if it didn't have the unusually low invisible ceiling. I originally bought it hoping to expand up to those nice window alcoves on the second floor, but no such luck
  • patrick_smyth
    patrick_smyth
    ✭✭✭
    If you mean the new Dark Brotherhood house rumour has it somewhere near Falkreath and not on the Gold Coast. It will probably be live some time in February.
    Update: It is on PTS now and it turns out it is in (or under) Kvatch. Timing and cost on live servers still TBA
    The Erstwhile Sanctuary — Built into the foundations of Kvatch itself, this ancient complex was abandoned by the Dark Brotherhood after a subterranean collapse tumbled one wall of the Speaker's bedchamber into a massive natural cavern.
    @patrick_smyth PC EU Server
    Character: Richard Greymane - Breton Assassin (Stamina Nightblade) - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Lestorn
    Lestorn
    ✭✭✭

By this I assume you mean "Linchal Grand Manor"? It went on sale crown store only September 14–18, 2017. I am hoping they will repeat it.

The first one, and damn. That's sad.

• Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OmniDo wrote: »
    I filled mine with 90 items out of a total 200 (ESO+ here), and I've absolutely no idea what else to put in it that wouldnt clutter it up besides tiny items like books, vials, odds and ends.

Yes, but isn't it the tiny items that make a home look lived in?
  • Lestorn
    Lestorn
    ✭✭✭
    OmniDo wrote: »

Non ESO+ here and here is what I can put in.
    Traditional Furnishings: 200
    Special Furnishings: 4
    Collectable Furnishings: 10
    Special Collectables: 4

Total: 218 items. Yes, it is small, but it was never meant to be a lavishly deccorated home. Just kind of irritates me that there's such an inconsistency.