Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

DARKBROTHERHOOD HOUSE CONFIRMED!!

• Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That means we'll get a TG house sooner or later too B)
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FINALLLYYYYY need to save up some crowns then
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope I'll be able to buy it for gold, not only for Crowns.
    But anyway, sanctuary looks beautiful and impressive, especially the waterfalls. I'm sure it's notable house but 700 slots may be not enough to fill all this space.
    By the way ZOS, I'm happy that you keep releasing new and interesting houses, but why all of them need to be so huge? Will you ever release small and unique houses?
    There are people like me who would like to have smaller house. And personally I'd be happy if I could have my own room inside DB Sanctuary in Gold Coast, instead of this huge house... :)
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's crown-only and reasonably priced, then it's possible I'll buy it. But it would have to be something special at crown-only. That said, a dark brotherhood abode is tantalizingly appealing.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm pleased it will not be a room in the Gold Coast sanctuary. How many players would use a room like that? It would turn the Gold Coast sanctuary into something like a metro station at rush hour - not very atmospheric for the people actually doing the DB quest line.

For the same reason I hope there is no "House" placed inside the TG base.

PC EU
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    By the way ZOS, I'm happy that you keep releasing new and interesting houses, but why all of them need to be so huge? Will you ever release small and unique houses?

This all the way. Enough with these stupid, un-furnishable 12k crown mansions. Hasn't every whale that needed a mansion and wants to drop $150 on a fake house gotten one already.

Zos probably just has the marketing department tell them that this size house is best return for them for that's all they pump out.

I want small and medium houses that actually look good with max items, not these overpriced barren behemoths.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My impression is that it was a cold nordic themed Dark Brotherhood house. The rocks seemed a blue grey and it had an interior waterfall that was very dramatic looking. But from what I could see it felt very icy and cold looking. But I could be way off.

Did they mention where it was going to be? With he PTR coming on Monday I was hoping I could find it.
  • Thealteregoroman
    Thealteregoroman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This all the way. Enough with these stupid, un-furnishable 12k crown mansions. Hasn't every whale that needed a mansion and wants to drop $150 on a fake house gotten one already.

Zos probably just has the marketing department tell them that this size house is best return for them for that's all they pump out.

I want small and medium houses that actually look good with max items, not these overpriced barren behemoths.

@Yolokin_Swagonborn I don't know why but when I read this I imaged you sound like royalty. Especially the last sentence...I imagined you sounded like someone from game of thrones.
    ****Master Healer...****
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on June 19, 2018 7:56AM
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yolokin_Swagonborn That’s actually why I purchased the 2 large houses that I did (Grand Topal Island and Linchal Grand Manor), and the 1 medium house (Forsaken Stronghold). All 3 are appropriate size-wise, and somehow don’t look empty when not even remotely filled at the maximum item capacity. In fact, the island in particular can really get away with this due to it having the whole beach resort vibe to it. The emptiness actually adds to the fullness, meaning you don’t have to go out of the way in trying to decorate the outside. N’ah. The spaciousness of it all works beautifully, and thus allowing you to focus on decorating the interiors. And the interiors aren’t even that large. They’re like huts in a sense. They’re large on the outside, but on the inside are cozy and snug.
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    I think I’ll pass on this particular house. I am content with my ownership of the Grand Topal Island and Linchal Grand Manor, thank you. A private estate surrounded by great walls, as well as a vast island with features similar to a private resort.

I doubt strongly that a residence based around the Dark Brotherhood can compete with those residences. Oh, there may be a waterfall included? How nice, but I already have a giant waterfall at 1 of my homes. In fact, my waterfall is connected to: A pond, hot tub, stream, and massive ocean that surrounds the property. ;)

And a volcano that can wipe out everything on the island in an hour's time ;)

Indeed. That’s very true. However, I too thought about this in advance. And thus, I have a Flame Atronach mount at the base of each area where the lava/magma meets the water of the ocean. That way if things hit the fan, I have 2 controllers of fire to safeguard the property. Lol.
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on January 5, 2018 10:20PM
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can't say enough that what I want is (1) any of the keeps like Farragut; and (2) add ons to existing properties, particularly Hundigs (e.g., a ship pulled up out front and a pirate cove with the entrance added to the existing property).

There is a third but it's escaping me at the moment.
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't say enough that what I want is (1) any of the keeps like Farragut; and (2) add ons to existing properties, particularly Hundigs (e.g., a ship pulled up out front and a pirate cove with the entrance added to the existing property).

There is a third but it's escaping me at the moment.

Here I'll pick the third thing for you: Quality of life fixes to EXISTING HOUSES.

You skill cant get on the roof at twin arches. Redgards are known for their flat roofs. This is bloody criminal that there are invisible walls everywhere that prevent you from enjoying your own property.

Break down the invisible walls ZOS
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no its like the one darkbrotherhood cave in goldcoast!
    crown only ofc? 25k crown 1 hour exclusive offer?
    Yeah it's probably going to be yet another huge and expensive crown only house with too much space for the item limit so they can take that house, turn it sideways and stick it up...you know the rest.

the-rock-raises-the-peoples-eyebrow.jpg
    Edited by Leogon on January 6, 2018 3:24AM
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to hear for the DB fans. It's not my style though, plus I bought Pariah as my probable only notable home
  • seaef
    seaef
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want an option to hid Crown Store exclusive houses that are no longer available for purpose from showing up on my map. It's already enough of an Eye Sore to see the in-game houses I can't afford blacken up my map without Crown Houses being on there as well.

There's a mod called 'No Thank You' that allows you to hide unpurchased houses or all houses on the map. That's the only thing I know of but its an all or nothing filter.
    Edited by seaef on January 7, 2018 1:57AM
    "The Illuminati are very achievement focused. It's like Xbox - only everything is hardcore."
    - Kirsten Geary
  • seaef
    seaef
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to hear for the DB fans. It's not my style though, plus I bought Pariah as my probable only notable home

Hopefully, it does fit for the DB fans. I only own one notable, Earthtear Cavern. It sits unused as I was totally underwhelmed with it and it has some issues. I'm unlikely to drop any $$ on another notable again.

Also, the classic homes give you a better size to item limit ratio. For example, Hunding's Palatial Hall is significantly smaller than Earthtear Cavern but you get a limit of 600 to the cavern's 700. The cavern looks sparse when filled with 700 items whereas the hall does not at 600.

Hopefully they'll come out with a few smaller DB themed houses later. I may try one of those.
    "The Illuminati are very achievement focused. It's like Xbox - only everything is hardcore."
    - Kirsten Geary
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want an option to hid Crown Store exclusive houses that are no longer available for purpose from showing up on my map. It's already enough of an Eye Sore to see the in-game houses I can't afford blacken up my map without Crown Houses being on there as well.

There's an add-on to hide houses you don't own...
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

Yeah those unbuyable houses sneak up on me sometimes when im just exploring.

Fortunately, there's an addon that keeps them from surprising me as well. No more surprise attacks by houses.
  • seaef
    seaef
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

Yeah, said that three posts back.

These threads would be a lot shorter if ppl would just read before posting. *grumble*
    - Kirsten Geary
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope it can be aquired with Gold, like the Hakkvild's High hall. I really need a home for my Namira cultist and that cave seems to be perfect.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runschei wrote: »
    That means we'll get a TG house sooner or later too B)

Gods I hope so! The houses in TG are, hands down, the best looking places in the game. I have LONGED to be able to have my pirate character live there!

Also, isn't this new house supposed to be out on PTS today????
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!