The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Meta Sorc Gear

• Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    grannas211 wrote: »
    Trashs1 wrote: »
    guys

i can understand run bsw on a mag dk or even a magplar but...

how the hell do u wana proc that from a mag sorc?? even before the nerv u dont have fire dmg beside the la weaving

Back then: crushing shock

wow just that was enough? how is it now?
    ToRelax wrote: »
    guys

how the hell do u wana proc that from a mag sorc?? even before the nerv u dont have fire dmg beside the la weaving

Fire Reach/Blockade

fire reach only with master staff and blockade i asume no sorc has space for it
    Edited by Trashs1 on January 4, 2018 1:57PM
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    guys

guys

Fire Reach/Blockade

I didn't say you need to slot them both, but at least Reach makes sense; it's certainly possible though.
    I don't think Spellweave is BiS anymore though.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    guys

guys

Fire Reach/Blockade

That was wayyy back in 1T, things were different then.

You procc'ed it with light attack from inferno and Shock/Pulse. Sharpened inferno was key. Often, your monster set could help. Infernal Guardian was very good back then, before it got nerfed. And some people even used a fire enchant, though that wasn't an absolute necessity.

Both spell damage bonus and proc chance were higher back then. After that got nerfed, people dropped BSW for Spinner's en masse.

Master destro was CP120 back then. Maybe 140 even, not sure. No one used it, though some used Reach as spammable without Master - which I find very noobish (back then it was).
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Irylia wrote: »
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    @Irylia
    May I tag you here?

You mentioned in a different thread Rune Cage for Asylum staff only. Do you think the dodgable, blockable CC from Flame Reach is really enough?

I've personally had tremendous success with not having my burst simply evaded all the time, thanks to Rune Cage. Is this user error?

Because of the cost increase to reach if you aren’t using the master staff there is no reason to use it on anything but.

As for rune it can be used regardless of staff preference but would synergize best with asylum as you can proc the buff before hitting a caged burst.

I find cage to be clunky on the cast outside of a meteor burst and often times enemies break it before your frag lands. Not to mention having to toss another skill in between rotation for the sole purpose of stunning is a disruption to timing burst like you used to be able with frag with curse.

Frag rolling combos are also less seen or impactful because of the lack of the stun and it’s not as fluid. Even if you do roll with a casted frag the frag isn’t stunning so now the enemy can stun you upon finishing the roll or you have to db/clench which removes the point of frag rolls

Frag tolling was an aggressive combo that moved you closer to the enemy for db follow up into a kill while also removing incoming damage and it ignored the awkward movement you would have had to make to get near your opponent for the follow up kill.

If you need examples of what I’m trying to refer to check faso vs irylia on yt.

Sorc is less about timely combos now as it is just hitting a clunky rotation.

I like defensive rune paired with frost clench In duels.
    Or even defensive paired with curse meteor combos as you count before the next stun will force drop your enemy and you meteor knowing it will drop them to their knees as their cc immunity expires.

I’m currently using clench over shock because I just got the master staff

@Irylia Lol man, that yt video was pure gold, respect!!! And those whispers...

What magsorc build do you run in CwC? No idea how to PM you from phone :smiley:

I run in duels
    Duroks (arcane rings 2x body 1x ice destro) lich (resto 1x neck 3x body) infernal 2x

Minor defile poisons
    45% into befoul

Frag shock curse frost clench fury atro
    Heal ward ward defensive rune degen streak overload

Ol bar: boundless ward dark conv mines streak

For open world
    Domi 1x
    Master destro
    5x duroks 5x lich same way as previously mentioned

Or

Shackle lich domi as a standard set for a new sorc

If you can manage sustain I like
    Amber
    Juliano
    Master destro
    Vma resto

All about hitting high crits on squishy targets in group play

I’m messing with acuity and a few other builds currently but still testing.
    I prefer builds that are consistent vs a wide range of enemies or enable me to handle them.

Bsw lich 1x infernal was my go to for over half a year when it came out and worked up until the cp cost reduc nerf and bsw change

Ranting now

Respect! I was using defensive rune instead of harness since I started playing ESO on xbox during IC times. Never been ganked :smiley:

Though, now on PC rune prison is just too good in BG or just zergsurfing against permablockers and I troll AD under Alessia bridge with rune prison as it is impossible to break cc in water. Probably should go back to defensive rune...

Do you feel that lich is enough to sustain or you add 1 cost reduction and any recovery glyphs?

Master ice staff sounds interesting (the only loot I ever had from vDSA is inferno and ice staves) I think I will give a go to master/shakle/lich/domihaus with 2-3 spell damage glyphs as duroks is sort of overpowered against stamina builds and I am more afraid of magDK than anything else...
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Irylia
    May I tag you here?

You mentioned in a different thread Rune Cage for Asylum staff only. Do you think the dodgable, blockable CC from Flame Reach is really enough?

I've personally had tremendous success with not having my burst simply evaded all the time, thanks to Rune Cage. Is this user error?

Because of the cost increase to reach if you aren’t using the master staff there is no reason to use it on anything but.

As for rune it can be used regardless of staff preference but would synergize best with asylum as you can proc the buff before hitting a caged burst.

I find cage to be clunky on the cast outside of a meteor burst and often times enemies break it before your frag lands. Not to mention having to toss another skill in between rotation for the sole purpose of stunning is a disruption to timing burst like you used to be able with frag with curse.

Frag rolling combos are also less seen or impactful because of the lack of the stun and it’s not as fluid. Even if you do roll with a casted frag the frag isn’t stunning so now the enemy can stun you upon finishing the roll or you have to db/clench which removes the point of frag rolls

Frag tolling was an aggressive combo that moved you closer to the enemy for db follow up into a kill while also removing incoming damage and it ignored the awkward movement you would have had to make to get near your opponent for the follow up kill.

Or even defensive paired with curse meteor combos as you count before the next stun will force drop your enemy and you meteor knowing it will drop them to their knees as their cc immunity expires.

I run in duels
    Duroks (arcane rings 2x body 1x ice destro) lich (resto 1x neck 3x body) infernal 2x

Minor defile poisons
    45% into befoul

For open world
    Domi 1x
    Master destro

Or

Amber
    Juliano
    Master destro
    Vma resto

I prefer builds that are consistent vs a wide range of enemies or enable me to handle them.

Bsw lich 1x infernal was my go to for over half a year when it came out and worked up until the cp cost reduc nerf and bsw change

Ranting now

Respect! I was using defensive rune instead of harness since I started playing ESO on xbox during IC times. Never been ganked :smiley:

Though, now on PC rune prison is just too good in BG or just zergsurfing against permablockers and I troll AD under Alessia bridge with rune prison as it is impossible to break cc in water. Probably should go back to defensive rune...

Do you feel that lich is enough to sustain or you add 1 cost reduction and any recovery glyphs?

Master ice staff sounds interesting (the only loot I ever had from vDSA is inferno and ice staves) I think I will give a go to master/shakle/lich/domihaus with 2-3 spell damage glyphs as duroks is sort of overpowered against stamina builds and I am more afraid of magDK than anything else...

Durok is the absolute biggest counter for a magdk... duroks is broken op against anything but other sorcs and shieldstack magblades to a certain degree.
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Irylia
    May I tag you here?

I run in duels

Minor defile poisons
    45% into befoul

For open world
    Domi 1x
    Master destro

Or

Amber
    Juliano
    Master destro
    Vma resto

Ranting now

Duroks and keeping your distance with mines will prove to be a challenge for anyone but ward users.
    Add minor defile poisons, atro, Frost clench. Infernal procs and rune every 6 seconds and it’s extremely hard to reach the sorc
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Irylia
    May I tag you here?

I run in duels

Minor defile poisons
    45% into befoul

For open world
    Domi 1x
    Master destro

Or

Amber
    Juliano
    Master destro
    Vma resto

Ranting now

Duroks and keeping your distance with mines will prove to be a challenge for anyone but ward users.
    Add minor defile poisons, atro, Frost clench. Infernal procs and rune every 6 seconds and it’s extremely hard to reach the sorc

Hell atro alone would turn the fight against all but ranged shieldstackers. You have 2 choices when it drops, kill the atro and let the sorc smack on you or let the atro live and let it smack on you.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Havn't used Atro in such a long time...

Recently had some buffs(or fixes), didn't it? Does anyone know if the CC it gives when summoned is blockable/dodgeable ?
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »

Recently had some buffs(or fixes), didn't it? Does anyone know if the CC it gives when summoned is blockable/dodgeable ?

Yeah atro is pretty much the go to for 1v1ing any melee build. Heck there's a top player on EU that even uses atro as a backbar ultimate open world, since he absolutely loves it.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Irylia
    May I tag you here?

I run in duels

Minor defile poisons
    45% into befoul

For open world
    Domi 1x
    Master destro

Or

Amber
    Juliano
    Master destro
    Vma resto

Ranting now

On my DC sorc in duels I am running IG, but I have found that bar swapping back to offensive is cancelling the 3 projectiles. Sometimes it will fired of just one if I swap bars before all 3 fire. I assume intentional and not a bug? That said, I put hard ward on front bar.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »

Yeah atro is pretty much the go to for 1v1ing any melee build. Heck there's a top player on EU that even uses atro as a backbar ultimate open world, since he absolutely loves it.

Banned in all dueling scenes I've been in....
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Banned in all dueling scenes I've been in....
    Of course. Pets are OP and unfun in duels.
    And in open world, they suck, Atro included. Have fun slamming that thing down for 170 ult and see it crushed in two seconds or stunned in one. Or better, people just waiting it out while they call for reinforcements.
    (-.-)p
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too bad duels don't mean a thing
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not when people get carried by sets, no.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not when people get carried by sets, no.

Well I mean in everyway. No rewards, no ranks etc etc.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spriggans agility and engine guardian.

Because why be a mag sorc when you could be a stam sorc.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Irylia
    May I tag you here?

I run in duels

Minor defile poisons
    45% into befoul

For open world
    Domi 1x
    Master destro

Or

Amber
    Juliano
    Master destro
    Vma resto

Ranting now

unless your opponent runs shadowrend / shade bc those consume rune without stunning anything.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50