Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dawnbreaker Bug

CatchMeTrolling
CatchMeTrolling
✭✭✭✭✭
Is zos aware of the bug that takes all your ult when you try to dawnbreaker someone but you do no damage and have no animation. I noticed it's more likely to happen if you have an object in front of you such as a pillar. So if I was to dodge roll around los to turn around with a dawnbreaker there's a chance I'll completely waste my ult.

Not sure if this is related as well but I only have seen this specced as a stam character, albeit this might be because it's easier to los equating to you doing it more frequently.
  • techprince
    techprince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This isnt dawnbreaker specific.
    Edited by techprince on December 31, 2017 4:25PM
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    techprince wrote: »
    This isnt dawnbreaker specific.

I've only seen it with dawnbreaker since that's the only offensive ult I use for the most part, the other ult bug I see is if I was to drop trees instead of my ultimate being used it stays so I'm able to drop two ults back to back.

• kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had it happen with leap too much. Considering that it was first seen during PC beta,and has never really been fixed.

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this same thing happens with many other ultimates.
    it's not just specific to dawnbreaker.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had it happen with leap too much. Considering that it was first seen during PC beta,and has never really been fixed.

Well leap has been buggy in general like leaping just to have your wings stuck flapping but do no damage.
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed this with DBOS but I've also noticed it with trees, and permafrost.

I don't think it is specific to DB. I think it is a bug that seems occur with any ultimate. One of the many unfixed flaws in this broke ass game.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spell wall also happens to not work sometimes.

If you happen to cancel the animation somehow, even something as silly as a dodge roll or bar swap can trigger this bug.

SO I stopped using spell wall entirely. It is no longer reliable for me.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So that's what's going on
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Defensive Rune (the sorcerer skill) will also cause casted Ultimates to be consumed and prevent the cast/damage if you trigger the Rune's CC function with the specific skill. Happens to all ultimates/skils that deal damage.
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had this happening to me with the 2-handed ulti lots of times.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, you could stop humping trees and pillars o:)