Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Lag Is Horendous.

mmolegends44
mmolegends44
✭✭✭
I am curious what is it that they do for maintenace and take the server down like I just don’t understand I am not a paying customer towards the game nomore I just don’t get why pay money for a game that lags all day.
  • kypranb14_ESO
    kypranb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not having any problems with this on PC. Might be time for an upgrade for your toaster or internet if you are on PC too.

I have FPS loss in Cyrodiil on Xbox. This to be expected, and my old Toaster played ESO better than my Xbox. If you're playing on Xbox you might want to build a PC.

If you're playing on PS4, you might want to build a PC.

There was no maintenance last week due to the holidays, normally there is maintenance every week though.
  • Nephimana
    Nephimana
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, if you play console, it lags hard and it's normal, PvP, PvE, even maelstrom arena, a solo content still lags hard and its been like this forever.
    But if you're PC, then you need to update.
  • mmolegends44
    mmolegends44
    ✭✭✭
    dude In maelstrom maybe halfway when you are almost done you get weird lag spikes then all of a sudden your dead.
  • jaye63
    jaye63
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turn off the mods you arent using. Harvest map lags me down to 4 FPS and I have 32GB RAM a 7700 i7 cpu and twin 1080s. Mods will hammer you when there is a lot of graphics.
  • kypranb14_ESO
    kypranb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dude In maelstrom maybe halfway when you are almost done you get weird lag spikes then all of a sudden your dead.

I haven't done VMA on PC yet, but on Xbox I know better than to do it on weekends. VMA on weekends is worse than Cyrodiil Zerg VS Zerg combat.
  • rteezy
    rteezy
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not having any problems with this on PC. Might be time for an upgrade for your toaster or internet if you are on PC too.

I have FPS loss in Cyrodiil on Xbox. This to be expected, and my old Toaster played ESO better than my Xbox. If you're playing on Xbox you might want to build a PC.

There was no maintenance last week due to the holidays, normally there is maintenance every week though.

yo white knight paladin of eso, stop defending it when its a well knwon fact that both fps lag and latency lag happen in eso and it is NOT an issue on the client side. its posted ont eh forums almsot daily since 2014, Are you that clueless or jsut trolling because you need to be one of them to defend zos on this.

if you have a good computer your fps shouldnt drop, EVER period! and you DONT need a top computer to run eso properly..the problem si in their engine and code. PEople with i7s and TitanX and 32 gb ram lose fps..while on WAY more demanding games with WAY better quality you cna ahve them on full ultra and not drop fps once.

SOME people dont have latency lag, BUT if they go into cyrodil CP campaign into the midle of the zergs their ms WILL go up, and for msot people it will go up to unplayable leveles, where the ability delay simply doesnt let you play the game properly.
    your ms SHOULDNT go up to that level...any top mmo nowadays can manage 5 times the players you have in cyro all at the same spot without having the ms climb above 200..or having fps drops.

when u enter cp campaign your ms ALREADY climbs, for msot people to numbers above 150..up to 200 jsut for being inside.
    the problem is NOT on the client side, specialy nowadays when the standart internet speeds are around 100 mgb/sec. the problem is in their servers and network codding, has been since 2014

STOP the mindless defending of the game..
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's your answer:
    It’s a well-known fact that all they do is eat danishes during maintenance while their boss isn’t looking.
  • kypranb14_ESO
    kypranb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rteezy wrote: »

yo white knight paladin of eso, stop defending it when its a well knwon fact that both fps lag and latency lag happen in eso and it is NOT an issue on the client side. its posted ont eh forums almsot daily since 2014, Are you that clueless or jsut trolling because you need to be one of them to defend zos on this.

if you have a good computer your fps shouldnt drop, EVER period! and you DONT need a top computer to run eso properly..the problem si in their engine and code. PEople with i7s and TitanX and 32 gb ram lose fps..while on WAY more demanding games with WAY better quality you cna ahve them on full ultra and not drop fps once.

SOME people dont have latency lag, BUT if they go into cyrodil CP campaign into the midle of the zergs their ms WILL go up, and for msot people it will go up to unplayable leveles, where the ability delay simply doesnt let you play the game properly.
    your ms SHOULDNT go up to that level...any top mmo nowadays can manage 5 times the players you have in cyro all at the same spot without having the ms climb above 200..or having fps drops.

when u enter cp campaign your ms ALREADY climbs, for msot people to numbers above 150..up to 200 jsut for being inside.
    the problem is NOT on the client side, specialy nowadays when the standart internet speeds are around 100 mgb/sec. the problem is in their servers and network codding, has been since 2014

STOP the mindless defending of the game..

I'm actually a Magblade, Blood Mage build. Pretty far from a "White Knight Paladin". Yeah, seriously though. I know this game has it's issues, as does any massive scale game similar to this. Planetside 2 for instance. Ever played that? It's plagued with many of the same issues as ESO. When you throw that many players together into an area, in a mechanic heavy game, it's expected that there would be some issues.

Right now i am running a i7 7700k @ 4.2, 16GB of DDR4 RAM, 500GB SSD, and a GTX 960 GPU, and I run ESO on ultra everything on a steady 60 FPS in all the content I have done so far, excluding the Alik'r Dolmen's at peak hours. I bottom out at 45 FPS, which again, is to be expected.

There are so many different factors to consider. Internet Speed, PC Hardware, Drivers: up to date? Etc, etc.

I'm not saying that the lag/FPS loss is always the consumer's fault, I'm just saying that it's a possibility.

I think the biggest issue with MMORPGs nowadays is soft skinned people wanting perfection for $60.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have we really come this far? Have people who understand computers finally given up trying to correct people who refer to a FPS drop as lag?

I still can’t tell if OP is lagging or just has low FPS spikes (aka chug)
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp