Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS HOW in 2018..

rteezy
rteezy
✭✭✭
..you have latency and lag issues in a mmo...i can play other mmos, with more players around me then the big zergs in cyro and my latency wont go higher then 200 ms..and thats when its at its worst...

cyro is unplayable with this lag...ability delay...
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's 2017.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• gabormezo
    gabormezo
    ✭✭✭
    It's almost 2018 and ... OP wanted to say something like that, right?

Yeah, I've tried all of the other mmos in 2017, and I have to say, in its heart, ESO PvP is the most fun, enjoyable, balanced and just way much better than all of them. Like, we have weird decisions like CP160 cap. Seem idiotic, right? But this prevent us PvPers to regrid gear after every single patch. Or they nerfed sustain to ground. Everyone cried, steamers celebrated their toons funeral, etc. But in the end, after the proc set nerfs, it made CP PvP great again. So in 2017 ESO turned to the king of mmo PvP for sure. If it not was it before, I'm not sure. If it doesn't, you say, please enlighten me which game is better? I really like to try it!

So in 2018 we have a great game that needs effort to polish what we have. This time they need to fix lag, fix LSOD, fix some skills, improve races, add PvP related QoL changes. It looks doable in a year.

But it is great right now, right? That's why we're here. Because we care great things.

Happy New Year for Everyone!
    Edited by gabormezo on December 31, 2017 7:51AM
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Omg...maybe the OP is already in 2018 and we all think we’re in 2017 still because we are lagged!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • Animus-ESO
    Animus-ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gabormezo wrote: »

Yeah, I've tried all of the other mmos in 2017, and I have to say, in its heart, ESO PvP is the most fun, enjoyable, balanced and just way much better than all of them. Like, we have weird decisions like CP160 cap. Seem idiotic, right? But this prevent us PvPers to regrid gear after every single patch. Or they nerfed sustain to ground. Everyone cried, steamers celebrated their toons funeral, etc. But in the end, after the proc set nerfs, it made CP PvP great again. So in 2017 ESO turned to the king of mmo PvP for sure. If it not was it before, I'm not sure. If it doesn't, you say, please enlighten me which game is better? I really like to try it!

So in 2018 we have a great game that needs effort to polish what we have. This time they need to fix lag, fix LSOD, fix some skills, improve races, add PvP related QoL changes. It looks doable in a year.

But it is great right now, right? That's why we're here. Because we care great things.

Thank god someone else agrees the balance right now is pretty good. Maybe a FEW SMALL little tiny tweaks and it will be perfect. Most of the balance problems comes from gear not the classes.
    Dude Where's My Guar?
  • rteezy
    rteezy
    ✭✭✭

Thank god someone else agrees the balance right now is pretty good. Maybe a FEW SMALL little tiny tweaks and it will be perfect. Most of the balance problems comes from gear not the classes.

the game is fine, the balance SEEMS fine, the problem is that with the lag (latency not so much fps lag) in cyuro doesnt allow you to properly enjoy/try/experience the game.

in ANY other top mmo, i have around 40-100 ms depending on where they have the servers...on ESO my normal is already at 170-190.THEN in any other mmo if im around 200 players ina b ig city or raid vs raid pvp the ms MIGHT sometimes jump from 40-100 to 80-160,,,

in eso the MOMENT i enter VIVEC it jumps from 170 to 200, by the time im near players it goes to 260-340 (and above 300 its already terrible for pvp with noticeble ability delay)

I KNOW we are not in 2018 YET, my point was, HOW are there games 10 years yonger then ESO and with way better codding and network coding??!?!?!?! HOW to those games manage to not have fps drops neither latency drops WITH BIGGER POPULATIONS?!?!

i know this is f2p and all that (even though i have eso plus...) but still , in 2017-18 there is no excuse for these kind of problems. JUST COPY the freaking code of other games, msot of them have private servers so you can easely find the codes...(in fact even those private servers run better then ESO servers)

WHAT GOOD does it make to ahve xpacs, new classes, new boxes, new mounts, new gear, new "whatever" if the very core of the game, "PLAYABILITY" is not good?
  • stojekarcub18_ESO
    stojekarcub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Absolutely, it's amazing....EXCEPT for the fact that for most, it is unplayable due to the lag.
  • Jtj87
    Jtj87
    ✭✭✭
    They need to lower population caps and spread more people out over different servers to alleviate the lag. There are just to many people in vivec and it's a major contributing factor. Slows, lag and a few *** mechanics just makes pvp around prime time unplayable.
  • Alfie2072
    Alfie2072
    ✭✭✭
    Jtj87 wrote: »
    They need to lower population caps and spread more people out over different servers to alleviate the lag. There are just to many people in vivec and it's a major contributing factor. Slows, lag and a few *** mechanics just makes pvp around prime time unplayable.

no they do not, this game was designed for large pvp, they need to fix the servers/game so it can do what it was intended to do
    PvP - Stamina Warden - Stamina Templar - Stamina Dragonknight - Stamina Nightblade
    Worst Twitch Streamer Here
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, they really don't. If you want a 4v4v4 there is a whole game mode for that.

Cyrodiil was designed for large zergs and epic battles, the issue is with updates and changes to the way bot detection works we lost more and more fluid gameplay in Cyrodiil.
    I would hope they have a team dedicated to this one issue of streamlining code, checking server calls and what can be done to make improvements however we've heard very little regarding PvP in some time now.

Seeing as the first update of 2018 is going to be two more dungeons as well I am not sure we'll see anything big announced for Cyrodiil there either.

WTB ESO Live with Rich and Wheeler updating everyone on what is happening with PvP in 2018.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • rteezy
    rteezy
    ✭✭✭
    Alfie2072 wrote: »

no they do not, this game was designed for large pvp, they need to fix the servers/game so it can do what it was intended to do
    Turelus wrote: »

Cyrodiil was designed for large zergs and epic battles, the issue is with updates and changes to the way bot detection works we lost more and more fluid gameplay in Cyrodiil.
    I would hope they have a team dedicated to this one issue of streamlining code, checking server calls and what can be done to make improvements however we've heard very little regarding PvP in some time now.

Seeing as the first update of 2018 is going to be two more dungeons as well I am not sure we'll see anything big announced for Cyrodiil there either.

WTB ESO Live with Rich and Wheeler updating everyone on what is happening with PvP in 2018.

erhm yes, they do.

i wont even start on the Zerg vs small scale pvp debate (we all know that large scale zerg "omg EPIC" battles can be fun but are ckloser to pve then pvp, you are literaly aoeing into a mob of red health bars..) barelyu requires half a brain cell let alone player skill..

NONETHELESS, you DONT need the current amount of players in cyro to do so, im sure you can get your "omg this was so epic, i saw like hundreds of red named enemies and i shot into them and im sure someone died" with half of the players...you can still get it if the zerg is of 24 vs 24 rather then 80+ each side

the amount of people GREATELY influences their already terrible servers and code..(it shouldnt, but it does) so the quick fix for now is to lwoer the pop
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They already lowered population caps few times and it didnt helped. What they need to do is forcing the people to spread. Not encourage but force them.

Also it would be nice if Zenimax would deal with campaign invitations exploit where for example people from DC which havnt reach population cap can create group with people from EP that already have lock and by using option to join as a group they'll bypass queue which causes state where there is 2x more EP players on campaign then population cap allows.
    Edited by Juhasow on January 2, 2018 6:29PM
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »

They already lowered population caps few times and it didnt helped. What they need to do is forcing the people to spread. Not encourage but force them.

Also it would be nice if Zenimax would deal with campaign invitations exploit where for example people from DC which havnt reach population cap can create group with people from EP that already have lock and by using option to join as a group they'll bypass queue which causes state where there is 2x more EP players on campaign then population cap allows.

Is this really a thing cause that would be a great reason for bans
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    The cyrodil map is allready empty. Lower cap would be horrible. The map design was for 1500 players on release or might have been 2000 i dont remeber it was so long ago.
  • rteezy
    rteezy
    ✭✭✭
    Jawasa wrote: »
    The cyrodil map is allready empty. Lower cap would be horrible. The map design was for 1500 players on release or might have been 2000 i dont remeber it was so long ago.

empty?!

cp campaign ALWAYS has a queue. and the size of the zergs is ridiculous..
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm going to link the super old video. That only us old timers know about and experienced. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/-DV9TwsosyI?t=2m7s
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm going to link the super old video. That only us old timers know about and experienced. Enjoy!

Lol great video.
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    @FearlessOne_2014 Yeah Thats Classic. What i mean is that now days atleast 80% of the map is empty. Map is just to large for small pop.
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭
    rteezy wrote: »
    ..you have latency and lag issues in a mmo...i can play other mmos, with more players around me then the big zergs in cyro and my latency wont go higher then 200 ms..and thats when its at its worst...

never had a higher ping in cyrodiil than 200 ever. then again i live like very close to the server so i guess 200 is a complete joke and should be more like 7 if i believe traceroute and then you got a point :smiley:
  • Smmokkee
    Smmokkee
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was trying to play the other day and the input lag was so severe it just wasnt worth it. Vivec XB1 NA. We are talking a few seconds of mashing a button before something happens. I thought I might be near a zerg so I went up to Bruma... same story no zergs. It was insane possibly the worst input lag I have ever received in any game and my internet is nothing soft.
    Edited by Smmokkee on January 1, 2018 9:57PM
  • Smmokkee
    Smmokkee
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Could you imagine if ESO ran this smooth nowadays?? Talk about an influx of new and old players. The main reason I tell people not to play ESO is because of the performance.. if that changed well itd be a miracle. Lol
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    remove allainces and there will be no more lagg and no more zergs.
  • rteezy
    rteezy
    ✭✭✭
    Smmokkee wrote: »

I was trying to play the other day and the input lag was so severe it just wasnt worth it. Vivec XB1 NA. We are talking a few seconds of mashing a button before something happens. I thought I might be near a zerg so I went up to Bruma... same story no zergs. It was insane possibly the worst input lag I have ever received in any game and my internet is nothing soft.

exactly...problem si this game is full of zerglings that enjoy spaming aoe into huge groups of red health bars, and since that requires half a brain cell and no awareness or skill whatsoever they wont even notice or care that their abilities are at least a whole second delayed..
  • rteezy
    rteezy
    ✭✭✭
    Smmokkee wrote: »

Could you imagine if ESO ran this smooth nowadays?? Talk about an influx of new and old players. The main reason I tell people not to play ESO is because of the performance.. if that changed well itd be a miracle. Lol

open thge video, watched a few secs after they started fightign in th ekeep, youc an defenitly tell there is lag..not fps so much but defenitly latency lag
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »
    It's 2017.

not anymore.

(psst, the lag <points> it's still here...)

whispering-300x300.jpg
  • timborggrenlarsenb16_ESO
    Nothing but a bunch of blind, naive and meta fan-boys & girls. Commenting on this game.
    FFFRRREEEDDDOOOMMM!!!
    - Be Anyone.
    - Do Anything.
    - Go Anywhere.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I remember those days very well. Awesome times, despite maybe imbalance between magicka and stamina. Still, I really enjoyed my hybrid magbladebowtard those days.

Almost zero lag, and we still had deer, torchbugs, non-combat pets running/flying around and we could use momentos.

One patch/update wiped it all out. Bandaid fixes like removal of deers and torchbugs didn't fix it. And neither was it necessary nor were the removal of pets and usage of momentos.

Oh well, those days are gone. And there is no better and more fun PvP game currently so we are still here.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

You want to know the answer? *** all. Cyro gets the constant shaft in favor of zones that have decent story but are the furthest thing from a challenge.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited
    Edited by Juhasow on January 2, 2018 6:33PM
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lao wrote: »

never had a higher ping in cyrodiil than 200 ever. then again i live like very close to the server so i guess 200 is a complete joke and should be more like 7 if i believe traceroute and then you got a point :smiley:

The best I get is 200 xD

It is quite annoying playing 0.2 secs behind the guy hitting you
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS HOW in 2018..you have latency and lag issues in a mmo...i can play other mmos, with more players around me then the big zergs in cyro and my latency wont go higher then 200 ms..and thats when its at its worst...
    if (true == badClientServerImplementation) {
        introduceLag();
    }

type.gif