Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Master Ice Staff Discussion

grannas211
grannas211
✭✭✭✭✭
So I've been using the master inferno on my sorc (like a ton of people) and I like it. What do you guys think about using the ice on a warden?
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Ice staff on a warden. Yesssssssssss.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've tried it, and do not like it for a few reasons.

Your ice Destro skills (clench and wall) will not take a significant hit in damage because you get 6% more frost damage, BUT all your other skills will lose damage. Holding a lightning staff makes all AoE skills do 8% more damage (including wall, Destro ulti, winters revenge, deep fissure). Holding an inferno staff makes single target skills do 8% more damage (cliff racer, fetcher infection, clench/reach, and your bear).

If you heavy attack with frost you will steal taunt from the tank.

Lightning wall of elements is important for putting enemies off-balance. Especially in groups, you should have at least one lightning staff (preferably maelstrom).
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on December 31, 2017 2:43AM
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your ice Destro skills (clench and wall) will not take a significant hit in damage because you get 6% more frost damage, BUT all your other skills will lose damage. Holding a lightning staff makes all AoE skills do 8% more damage (including wall, Destro ulti, winters revenge, deep fissure). Holding an inferno staff makes single target skills do 8% more damage (cliff racer, fetcher infection, clench/reach, and your bear).

Lightning wall of elements is important for putting enemies off-balance. Especially in groups, you should have at least one lightning staff (preferably maelstrom).

Well I'm not worried about taunt since this is going to be pvp only. But yeah I'm aware of the 8% of single targets which is why flame is BiS basically. I just wanted to put the ice staff to use lol. It looks bamf too
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ice staff can work really well in PvP with Frost Blockade. I was thinking of stacking that with Winter's Revenge and a charged Master staff. But it may turn out that the loss of skill slots makes it subpar. Plus Cliffracers are undodgeable and undreflectable, so giving them up for Frost Reach may not be the best thing either.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No reason to run clench on an inferno staff on a mag warden... The shalks stun. What's the point of another stun? You'd be better off running a monster set piece. The point of the ice staff is an immobilizer, slow, and maim. Not damage. If you want more damage you wouldnt run clench with an inferno staff, you would run crushing shock. And how are your bars set up if you're running flies, clench, shalks, birds? Means you cant be something essential. A lightning staff would be pointless to run. You cant line up burst with it...
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »

No reason to run clench on an inferno staff on a mag warden... The shalks stun. What's the point of another stun? You'd be better off running a monster set piece. The point of the ice staff is an immobilizer, slow, and maim. Not damage. If you want more damage you wouldnt run clench with an inferno staff, you would run crushing shock. And how are your bars set up if you're running flies, clench, shalks, birds? Means you cant be something essential. A lightning staff would be pointless to run. You cant line up burst with it...

Clench beats Crushing Shock as a spammable if you have a Master Staff (except against dodge builds, but that's what cliff racers are for). The OP was specifically asking about the Master Destro, so I think it's safe to assume frost clench or reach is being used.

For my bars, I do not use all the skills I mentioned at the same time, and I do not use AoEs much in PVP. Things have to get very zergy before winters revenge and walk of elements become useful. I was just stating that lightning staff will boost them in all game content.

• AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like frost clench on a magden. It's a root.