The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Magicka Dk ideas

DeusVult3
DeusVult3
✭✭
I am new to the game..i did learn a lot this past 2 weeks and i rerolled a Magicka Dk. I just wanted to ask you guys for some ideas on a PvP build. Should i go 1h/shield + destro staff ? or 1h/shield both...i intend to be more towards damage with a little bit of tankyness. I like the class so far the healing is great and the dots are not too shabby.
  • Mcgelie1
    Mcgelie1
    ✭✭
    I'm really enjoying shacklebreaker+sun, s&b frontbar, resto backbar. With skoria as well
    Edited by Mcgelie1 on December 31, 2017 4:09AM
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do people use to heal o n their mag do? I find once I have 2 people beating on me I can't heal very well.
  • Dreth
    Dreth
    ✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    What do people use to heal o n their mag do? I find once I have 2 people beating on me I can't heal very well.

Coagulating blood, burning embers, power lash
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ran a S&B/Flame Staff when I did DPS, S&B/Resto when I did healer on my MagDK. Destro Staff's Flame Reach spell is great fun in PVP along with the DK Stone Fist.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After years wearing heavy, I'm trying something new that's quite old too in my dunmer mDK.

5 Almalexia's mercy + 5 Alessia's Bulwark + 2 Slimecraw

DW, 2 defending swords + Flame staff

Dmg is quite decent, and mitigation is great. Alma's healing helps a lot and Bulwark, though not optimal, helps against melee enemies.

Currently I'm farming temper alloys for swords, also I decided go Vamp (after 4 years going against the trend too)

Resistance (spell and phys) reaches 23K aprox and 29k with Spiked armor up. Crit is on 45% (great for mDK) and magicka recovery sits around 1.8K unbuffed. Spell dmg is 1.9K (with one golden sword) and should hit 2.1K with both swords (Molten weapons is mandatory to get around 2.5K). Last, I've found cauterize a way better self heal in this set up, compared to CDB (cheaper and can crit)

Currently I'm leveling vamp, but I plan to use invigorating drain for utility instead of talons (I was using choking and they work decently).

Apprentice mundus is also mandatory in this build, though Lover or Attro are good options too. Also I want to try bats for Ulti,.

Finally, as gap closer, emp chains which is not that bad compared to what it used to be.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How on earth do people sustain with shackle/sun/skoria?
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »

witchmother + vamp + regen glyphs?

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost certain dk is a meme outside of duels

Really want that class to be given the breathe of life by zos. Some skill changes/overhauls

Befoul really needs to go as it hurts dk’s ability to heal the most.
  • Dreth
    Dreth
    ✭✭✭
    Irylia wrote: »

Really want that class to be given the breathe of life by zos. Some skill changes/overhauls

I just dont see why it is as weak as everyone says it is. I do great with mine. I am almost always on the front line...good damage...good healing. Mobility sucks yeah but its not the end of the world. The only issue I really have is people can run away easy but is that really an issue? lol

I am wearing heavy innate axiom, lich, skoria.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dreth wrote: »

I just dont see why it is as weak as everyone says it is. I do great with mine. I am almost always on the front line...good damage...good healing. Mobility sucks yeah but its not the end of the world. The only issue I really have is people can run away easy but is that really an issue? lol

Do you play with a team or solo?

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • Dreth
    Dreth
    ✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Dreth wrote: »

Do you play with a team or solo?

Solo.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »

I can sustain solidly with that setup against 3/4 players without issue. DW, all spell dmg glyph, 5 light, tri food. Only issue is chugging potions like an addict.

If you play a heavy build then you have to attack more to deal the same amount of damage, which leaves you with less resources, and light is so much more damage+passive sustain.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.