Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

fortified brass or wizard reposte

Syiccal
Syiccal
✭✭✭✭✭
which one is better as the 5 peice armour.
Will I become super squishy without the resistance buffs of fortified.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s a really good question. If only someone could do the math in a really really long thread in this forum. I bet they’d call that thread “defensive set comparison” or something like that. Man, I wish some Aussie would get on that and make it happen.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Riposte is almost always better for magika builds. In the presence of decent uptime aoe major maim then riposte loses value drastically.

But for open world, back bar riposte is far superior on magika builds, specifically because it offers more mitigation on 5pc, better 2-4 and only needs to be on one bar, allowing you DW willpower or masters destro on the offense bar
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    That’s a really good question. If only someone could do the math in a really really long thread in this forum. I bet they’d call that thread “defensive set comparison” or something like that. Man, I wish some Aussie would get on that and make it happen.

Lol if only that information came from "down under".
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Riposte is almost always better for magika builds. In the presence of decent uptime aoe major maim then riposte loses value drastically.

But for open world, back bar riposte is far superior on magika builds, specifically because it offers more mitigation on 5pc, better 2-4 and only needs to be on one bar, allowing you DW willpower or masters destro on the offense bar

Master ice staff is nasty on a warden. 5 wizard riposte, 5 necro, 1 domihaus, 1 master ice staff. Sick.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    riposte.
    Brass is a very poor choice on a magicka toon. even on stamina I find impreg to be a better set.
    Especially considering that you can use riposte as a back bar set, and Its not only a self defence set, but Its a debuffer set aswell.
    If there was a medium armor stamina set like riposte, I wouldn't think a single second before switching to it.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on December 30, 2017 2:30PM
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as I mainly play in imperial city,wouldn't reposte be a bad choice there..seing as mobs and bosses can't crit. i use light fortified brass as it's been tested to take less dmg than heavy shacklebreaker and also output more dmg
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    as I mainly play in imperial city,wouldn't reposte be a bad choice there..seing as mobs and bosses can't crit. i use light fortified brass as it's been tested to take less dmg than heavy shacklebreaker and also output more dmg

Nah, riposte should be fine.
    If you're mainly just farming in IC, then go with imperial physique.
    otherwise you should melt IC mobs in seconds. and vs bosses you can't face tank them without some blocking is involved.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on December 30, 2017 2:37PM
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok thanks
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    il try it out
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what I can't get my head around is that with brass im capped on resistance so effectively cutting incoming dmg in half potentially.With reposte il take full initial burst dmg from a ganker then only reduce dmg by 15%. why does it work better?.im confused
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    what I can't get my head around is that with brass im capped on resistance so effectively cutting incoming dmg in half potentially.With reposte il take full initial burst dmg from a ganker then only reduce dmg by 15%. why does it work better?.im confused

resistance stacking is a terribad way of surviving. especially when it involves giving out real stats.
    Get capped resistances, and that incap will still hit you for a good 6-8k.
    What you really want is high crit resistance and minor maim, both.

So impen riposte it is.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why is resistance stacking bad.i thought high resistance was good to have.
    I do eat 6-8k incap though, your right.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why is resistance stacking bad.i thought high resistance was good to have.
    I do eat 6-8k incap though, your right.

Because of what you have to give up to get high resistance, namely stats that help your damage.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's a compromise though especially in pvp .?
    Brass gives good resisirance but with light armour dmg passivs and I'm amusing W.M and skoria for added power
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

Master ice staff is nasty on a warden. 5 wizard riposte, 5 necro, 1 domihaus, 1 master ice staff. Sick.

Trans is almost always superior to riposte in the presence of an ice staff, fyi, each light attack has a 20% chance to proc chilled, which inflicts... minor maim.

So, first you need to stop comparing brass 2-5 piece to riposte 5 piece. When you compare the 2 5 pc bonuses brass clearly offers 7.9% mitigation(this .9 may round down due to weird math calculations depending what your final resistance number is, it does for crit). Now, for riposte to underperform that you’d need a high uptime of the same debuff or other % based defensive mechanics for all situations in which you want the build to perform.

Impreg on the other hand offers ~36% crit resistance, which outperforms brass on opponents with >23% crit chance and a CHD modifier of at least 1.55. However, riposte is still usually favored because of superior 2-4 pc bonuses and the ability to proc on only 1 bar
    Edited by Lexxypwns on December 30, 2017 5:29PM
  • Slack
    Slack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    riposte.
    Brass is a very poor choice on a magicka toon. even on stamina I find impreg to be a better set.
    Especially considering that you can use riposte as a back bar set, and Its not only a self defence set, but Its a debuffer set aswell.
    If there was a medium armor stamina set like riposte, I wouldn't think a single second before switching to it.

How about combat physician? :trollface:
    PC EU
    Betty Breeze - Magwarden
    Hunts S'hitblades - Stamplar
    Aschavi - Magplar
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slack wrote: »
    riposte.

How about combat physician? :trollface:

I hate you
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After the extensive writeup by Tay, i don't understand why ppl, especially Magicka classes, are still using Brass over Pariah. Pariah is clearly the strongest of the two overall, and has jewelry for all your needs.

Currently i am playing DW / Destro MagDK with 5 Light, in Sun / Pariah / TK. Unkillable in a 1v1 and has huge damage (3500 SD + 30k Magicka and everyone seems to like being a squishy vamp).

For you question, it is easy in my opinion. Wizards Riposte if you are using Shields, and Brass / Pariah if you are not. Use Brass / Pariah to either go over the top tanky in Heavy Armor, or to allow you to use Medium / Light with better resistance than Heavy.
    Edited by raasdal on January 6, 2018 1:32PM
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »
    @Taylor_MB
    I actually laughed when I saw the way you linked that :tongue::lol: