The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

New player - ps4 - need some advice to enjoy pvp

frakko
frakko
Hey peeps,
I am a returning player to ESO, used to play on the PC but now on PS4 (long story).
Gamewise I really enjoy it but in pvp, I have problems with all the guides I see is either best in slot item and very complex to get.
Currently, I'm a sta DK and while leveling I did some BGs and enjoyed it.

I am cp160 now and totally lost what to go after, I have checked Alcast and Deltias gaming which seem good but gearwise I have no clue so what I am looking for is to be able to survive a bit in pvp without being forced to grind for days to get a proper set. Please note that this is my first char so I don't have much gold etc.

I saw that shackle breaker is good since it is craftable but as before, I have no clue to get or which traits etc.
Someone out there who has some advice to get a affordable set or that I get some form of plan what to aim for, I plan to play the game long but what I hate is if I need to grind for months and then I might not enjoy it.

Thanks all
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what kind of weapons do you enjoy using?

would you rather be able to brawl or stay mobile and fight from distance?

how much gold do you have to invest in gear sets, do you have any of your armor/weapon crafting leveled?

grinding for a decent set should only take around 8 to 10 hours or so...both overland or dungeon - may not be perfect traits (assuming you don't have access to transmutation) or epic quality - but, still serviceable for battlegrounds or cyrodiil...

a lot of the decent overland sets can be had for 40k or less...although - sometimes guild store shopping feels more like grinding than actually going through dungeons...

prices on just about everything seem to be dropping...

what are you using now?
    Edited by geonsocal on December 28, 2017 8:55PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • frakko
    frakko
    geonsocal wrote: »
    what kind of weapons do you enjoy using?

would you rather be able to brawl or stay mobile and fight from distance?

how much gold do you have to invest in gear sets, do you have any of your armor/weapon crafting leveled?

grinding for a decent set should only take around 8 to 10 hours or so...both overland or dungeon - may not be perfect traits (assuming you don't have access to transmutation) or epic quality - but, still serviceable for battlegrounds or cyrodiil...

a lot of the decent overland sets can be had for 40k or less...although - sometimes guild store shopping feels more like grinding than actually going through dungeons...

prices on just about everything seem to be dropping...

what are you using now?

I only have around 100k atm, currently I bought dragur set with impenetrable trait to try it out but now with IRL work I am doing crafting researching.

I am going for the spec from alcast
    https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-dragonknight-pvp-build1/

• Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What faction ? Pm me ill help you out.
  • frakko
    frakko
    What faction ? Pm me ill help you out.

Daggerfall :)
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy @frakko ...

happy Friday to you...

i am most definitely not a top tier player - I play solo in cyrodiil and primarily enjoy zerg surfing...for what I enjoy i am pretty successful - which for me means killing a lot more folks than dying myself...

death in pvp is pretty enivitable though...

I've learned over time that it's more useful to build my characters for small scale action (imperial city mostly), because to me that's the most demanding...

most of my characters are geared towards not dying a lot :#

have done some battlegrounds, but, I just really enjoy the open nature of cyrodiil...

so, please take my comments in that context...

draugr hulk is good, bunches of stamina, and should definitely help you hit harder and keep up your stamina pool...

shacklebreaker is also an excellent set...it is a 6 trait set, so, it might take awhile to be able to craft...if you belong to a guild, you should be able to pick up the 5 pieces for around 20k or so, which is the approximate cost of mats (including glyphs)...

going 5 heavy and 2 medium armor pieces is definitely on point...

the monster set is going to be a bit more challenging to come by...

2 heavy pieces of alessian order for stam recovery (pvp set, should be fairly easy to come by in guild stores though) should be okay for replacing the monster sets...or, some 2 piece bonus which grants weapon damage...

trait wise, even in heavy armor, not a bad idea to wear 2 or 3 pieces of impenetrable gear (which sounds like you already have)...i try to have at least 1.5k or greater critical resistance, the cp passive can help make up the difference ...

personally I also prefer going with infused on my large pieces of gear (head, chest, legs), and use divines on the other pieces...

for weapons, I tend to go with precise to help boost my own crit chances, but, sharpened and infused traits can also be very effective...

glyph wise - health or stamina on the armor should help...you can really get creative on your weapon glyphs - usually though you can't go wrong with poison or foulness...

if it's possible, now that you're over cp160 and you'll be able to use this gear for awhile, try to get everything in epic quality...

either epic food, or dubious camoran should work fine - thankfully both are pretty cheap to buy...

hopefully some much better build folks will take a look at this thread and help out...personally, I've never checked out other folks builds...

I like to try to figure that part out on my own - which to be honest has led to some serious crash and burn scenarios in regards to my character set ups over the last couple of years :)

so, starting off with a guide build is probably a pretty smart idea...

I see that in alcast's guide they have a SnB and 2H setup...

from the beginning when I first started pvping - I've always viewed my setups in terms of fighting in melee situations and ranged situations, and, being prepared for both...

my stam dk uses SnB and a bow...in battlegrounds using 2 melee weapons works fine - in cyrodiil though, except for occasional small scale action - i fight mostly around zergs, so having a ranged weapon available is essential to me...

always a blast to be able to kill folks in siege situations - not sure why people think they're safe just cuz they're up on a wall :p

my apologies for rambling, hopefully something in what I wrote will be useful...

have fun, and, please let us know (we're very fortunate to have a great community) if you have any more specific questions...
    Edited by geonsocal on December 29, 2017 6:58PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • frakko
    frakko
    Thanks alot for this, helps to have some aim and perspective. While leveling I managed to level all my weps to 50 so I dont need to grind that. I saw some farming guides that I will try to do whenever I have time to get some more gold because I dont feel like being a trader, im more a gatherer and then I sell and hope for the best so that I can enjoy more pvp. will go with the SnB and Bow for cyrodil.

thanks alot :)
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    totally with you on not being too much in to the merchant game...i usually just want to head out to cyrodiil and go battle :)

every once in a while i'll get a little burnt out though and do some farming and questing...

surprisingly enough - pvp gear does sell okay (I list them anywhere from 650 gold to 3,000)...same for a lot of the overland sets...

stuff accumulates pretty fast and inventory management can be quite the challenge at times...

basically I use the guild traders to help keep my inventory reasonably uncluttered...

there are some great no fee trading guilds listed in the guild recruitment section of the forums...

however, if you're just starting out with the crafting stuff may just be better to decon most of it (including those white glyphs that are everywhere - enchanting is an incredibly useful skill line - just takes forever to level though)...
  • frakko
    frakko
    totally with you on not being too much in to the merchant game...i usually just want to head out to cyrodiil and go battle :)

every once in a while i'll get a little burnt out though and do some farming and questing...

surprisingly enough - pvp gear does sell okay (I list them anywhere from 650 gold to 3,000)...same for a lot of the overland sets...

stuff accumulates pretty fast and inventory management can be quite the challenge at times...

basically I use the guild traders to help keep my inventory reasonably uncluttered...

there are some great no fee trading guilds listed in the guild recruitment section of the forums...

however, if you're just starting out with the crafting stuff may just be better to decon most of it (including those white glyphs that are everywhere - enchanting is an incredibly useful skill line - just takes forever to level though)...

Which items to buy from AP to sell?
    I might do this instead of running around looking for chests etc since I like pvping.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should be able to get a decent setup without spending a fortune or too much grinding. If you need help on PS4 NA msg me and I can help you get your shacklebreaker. I’d recommend maybe considering daily craft writs...to save up gold tempers. You don’t need them until you’re really comfortable with your set, but if you start them now you can build up a supply. And you’ll want to upgrade your weapons as soon as you have a setup you like...that’s a big power boost.

I’m not sure about alcast’s monster set choices. But he’s an expert, and I’m not that experienced in stam DK. I might recommend getting some feedback about that. Regardless, save up your ap and watch the golden vendor each weekend. That’s probably the best way to get a helm you want, and now with transmutation you can change the teaitmif you need to. The shoulder you can probably grind on your own doing normal dailies. You should work your undaunted up a little at a time anyway for the passives.

Another line to work up is Legerdemain...you can reduce sneak cost by 40%, which can be helpful. Less for a DK, but still. It’s a pretty easy grind...spend a point in the passive that lets you fence 220 items per day. Then once a day free up 100 slots and go to the ships in Daggerfall. Steal everything...sell the good stuff, launder the mats...bam, Legerdemain 16 in less than a dozen trips.

Other than that, I think it’s just get in and play. As a stam DK you might try playing in a small or medium sized group. The downside to DK in pvp right now is the ability to burst down an opponent. But they can be obnoxious with the gap closing and snares. So a DK with a NB or sorc friend would be pretty scary, lol.

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frakko wrote: »

Which items to buy from AP to sell?
    I might do this instead of running around looking for chests etc since I like pvping.

not a whole lot of stuff to buy with AP...used to be you could buy some motifs (alkaviri I think?) from the siege merchants for AP to resell...never did it myself so i'm not sure how much gold they were actually worth...

however, just checked and they no longer sell those motifs...

only thing I can think of is the gold overland jewelry which sells for 300k AP (just bought the plague doctor necklace for myself)...

i'm not sure though how well some of that jewelry resells for gold...

the dungeon jewelry (for 500k) is bind on pickup...

normally I use my AP for monster set pieces...i'll usually buy a few pieces in different weights for the sets i'll use...
    Edited by geonsocal on December 30, 2017 5:52PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never made it past 8-10 hours to grind for a set...

Maybe per day for a week!
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds