Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Pvp 2018

davey1107
davey1107
✭✭✭✭✭
Snare, snare, lag, lag, lag, lag, snare, ability fail, potion fail, lag, opponent cast 18k shield, lag, ability fail, ZOS annnounces new expansion for $60.
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    There have been times that I have walked into Hardee's and walked straight back out to go to McDonald's for two apple pies for a dollar.
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    Snare, snare, lag, lag, lag, lag, snare, ability fail, potion fail, lag, opponent cast 18k shield, lag, ability fail, ZOS annnounces new expansion for $60.

This is exactly right and also dodge dodge dodge dodge lag lag lag lag lol
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some good points but that bitter line about shields clearly means this is just a Nerf Sorc thread and they are WAY out of flavor these days I'm afraid, you missed the train but at least a patch or two. Otherwise some gd observations :)
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope the new OP class replaces sorcs/nightblades in PvP so I can grab some popcorn and watch the forums explode.
  • Alfie2072
    Alfie2072
    ✭✭✭
    snares dont exist when fighting stam builds anymore
    PvP - Stamina Warden - Stamina Templar - Stamina Dragonknight - Stamina Nightblade
    Worst Twitch Streamer Here
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alfie2072 wrote: »
    snares dont exist when fighting stam builds anymore

aand my burst heal does not exist anymore either. You can't say there isnt a trade off.
    Not to mention shuffle is wayyy too expensive.
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭

ill take that over the clown zergs that have a cumulative IQ of minus 12 that are dribbling all over cyrodiil and think that playstyle deserves anything other than total extinction.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im fairly certain that no one can reach 18k with a single shield in pvp, 12 or 13 yes, maybe 15. That said hardened ward is probable a little op. All other mag classes get by without. No one needs a 25k shield in pve, and stacking it with harness in pvp is still pretty insane. Its not like they're lacking mobility lol.

Snares are out of hand and have been for a while. Have noticed a big lag on abilities and potions lately.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snares are the big thing beca use its either you run into the groups where they all run immov pots and retreating Rapids and not a damn person can be ccd of you try. Or you run solo and get into and 1vx situation where you're just snared to hell and need immov pots, which actually don't purge movement speed snares. Here comes the rise of mistform again
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope the new OP class replaces sorcs/nightblades in PvP so I can grab some popcorn and watch the forums explode.

Well, replace NBs. Sorcs are kinda on the decline these days as is. If they weren’t the only class with Negate Magic you’d barely see them.
    Edited by Vaoh on December 29, 2017 12:51PM
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

Well, replace NBs. Sorcs are kinda on the decline these days as is. If they weren’t the only class with Negate Magic you’d barely see them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xelJ2Kh4TmA
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Im fairly certain that no one can reach 18k with a single shield in pvp, 12 or 13 yes, maybe 15. That said hardened ward is probable a little op. All other mag classes get by without. No one needs a 25k shield in pve, and stacking it with harness in pvp is still pretty insane. Its not like they're lacking mobility lol.

Snares are out of hand and have been for a while. Have noticed a big lag on abilities and potions lately.

I would love to get by without it. My current build has significantly more HP and resistances than meta Sorc builds, but you simply don't have the healing and/or active/passive defense of other classes to get by without them. Even when using a pet, which I hate using, you need to use a shield to keep the pet alive.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Vaoh wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xelJ2Kh4TmA

Am I wrong? lol
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcs are on the down and down. Whilst still effective, they are shittily balanced with OP shields but utterly unfun clunky combat and streak being a run away waah button instead of an effective way to keep mobility. Using it in combat is a risk, because losing resources to fight, so people just run away with it. Pets are eh too.

PvP in 2018:

Go to resource, small group of 24 players comes out with 12 main healers. Get soul assaulted and beamed 12 times. Try to attack, but you are heal debuffed for 50%, cost poisoned and siphonered. Try to attack, well suck on this maim, your 2k of damage will be out healed by the small groups healers and earthgore. Try to run, sorry my friend the snipes and 70% snare will get you first, try to shield? Well, one of them has shield breaker. Manage to LOS the beams? The zerg will follow. Try to dodge? Prepare for a birdemic.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

wait, is this post from 2015? Hmm, not much has changed then?
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [img][/img]2n6u893.jpg
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @beardimus How does it make sense that sorcs have lightning powers and Wardens have frost, when sorcs are clearly the biggest snowflakes in the history of the world? Lol.

I was referring to how when there is bad lag the game slows down so much that you can’t get offensive kills before shields go back up. That’s a problem that extends to any toon with a powerful shield. And yes, I was bitter when I wrote the post. Not because of current class balances, but because pvp has blown all week and everything is broken and playing horrible.

But since you asked, my personal prescription for sorcs in pvp is more offensive power, less defensive power and a reworking of several of their ability mechanics that create problems, like the double cast of haunting curse. I don’t know that I’d call that a nerf exactly...because they really do seem to need something offensively.
    Edited by davey1107 on December 30, 2017 1:08AM
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ill take that over the clown zergs

I call those groups of 8-12 that flow around just murdering everythingnin their path with non-stop ultimates and casts the “idiot train,” and I always play bad wedding reception music in my head and pretend they’re a conga line.

I’m also a stamblade, so mostly I just sit right next to them rolling my eyes.