The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crystal blast, crystal shards... what?

Pinja
Pinja
✭✭✭✭
Sorcerer

Dark Magic
Crystal Shards: This ability and the Crystal Fragments morph no longer stun the enemy hit. The Crystal Blast morph continues to stun the initial enemy hit.
Developer Comment:
Spoiler

Rune Prison: Increased the cost of this ability and its morphs by approximately 16%.
Hear me out on this, crystal shards & crystal blast is hands down one of the the most manageable form of attacks in the game, projectile. Cast time, travel time, reflect, dodge, silence, dark cloak literary every class in the game has something to shut it down but they just don't care. Then they say "Oh ya, I don't feel like changing my bar just for magic sorcs," Well [snip] brother now I'm having to redo my whole [snip] character, because you don't give a dam. Could've got 12% of your health back on a sword & board, but naw; Could've blocked & pop'ed vigor on the forth second because you know how this [snip] works by now, but naw; Could've had someone heal u, most often. But [snip] me right, could've made me [snip] myself, but [snip] me harder right.

So I hear what your saying right, in cry'rod kinda hard 2 see that ish comm'in, but no worries my boi got me with the heals we out'che zergin it. And if we're not, we're dark cloak'in & roll dodging. Even if your trying to nerf high-end cyrodiil, you just gave bomb-blades 6 free vicious death procs in between the 2s of them charging up their destro ult, poping fear & teleport strike & that's been the deadliest thing in cyrodiil patch after patch since VD came out. Think I can just take down 10 ppl instantly? Well then u say it takes 'skill' to use. No it doesn't, well alot less then I do, your literally in stealth, not being attacked, hitting a button combination.

Then there's the small scale stuff. Duals are just for fun & you definitly have time to slot some CC & anti-projectile in between matches. (If they choose to re fight u, if you where somehow surprised.) Same for battle grounds, re-slot a move jump down & fight. Like know an ounce of battle mechanic & any sorc is dead in 9-23s any class, 9s without immovable. A Nightblades whole palate lets them win a 1v1 focus fight damage, defiles, maims, guaranteed crit, element of surprise, near always first hit advantage, potion ulti regen, fear me across mines... Really u loose don't know how 2 fight or run from a fight, but wait Stam-blades don't & they can 1 frame any glass & beat on anything but good stam dks. Best at burning tanks stun defile weaves, mad damage.

Returning back to sorcerers & how [snip] this change is going to be. Anyone know how to maximize dps on a stam character? Oh ya, thats right heavy attack, bash, animation cancel. So while i'm making such good frame dps hard casting this frag for u, ur go'na push my [snip] right back in by triple disorient ulti stun comboing me for 9s if you don't wait to reflect it at me in all it's cast & travel time.

Like the stun is a defensive move also, we get pushed how're we going to hard cast. If I could just sit their not worry about my health bar like the sorcs most ppl want nerfed ya that'll work, but then that would mean your not nerfing [snip]. But if I need the stun, blasts not helping me for [snip], & you just skrew'd me over for no reason.

On top of all that it may look easy because good sorcs are veterans, but crystal frags is the most skill demanding shot in the game. You have time that [snip] between dark cloak (stam-nbs); Time that [snip] between roll dodges; Time that [snip] between bubbles; Time that [snip] between wings, Time that [snip] on the holy trinity(R.I.P), if it missis [snip] happens you get hit with 3-6k for four seconds of my time & manna. Even then you only get to execute with extra damage or ult. Like how did my burst surprise u. There was a loud hiss, you started glowing purple, I started glowing purple... Not like I'm a Night-blade the one frame wonder freely teleporting in & out of zergs, killing 20 ppl, moving faster than a horse with stealth on some wrobel wonder patch, giving ppl 50% movement speed reduction off rip (un-morphed) with the most OP cc in the game. And you give it a buff. Like the frag cc is the thing that needed the nerf & you leave Fear in the game.
Nightblade

Shadow
Manifestation of Terror (Aspect of Terror morph): This morph now fears up to 6 enemies per trap, up from 2, and the trap no longer triggers if a crowd control-immune enemy walks over it. Enemies can also now see an initial projectile marking the trap’s location.
Mass Hysteria (Aspect of Terror morph): This morph no longer fears an additional enemy, but only fears the same amount of enemies as the base ability (2 enemies). It continues to inflict Minor Maim as a morph effect.
Developer Comments:

We wanted to distinguish the gameplay between Aspect of Terror’s morphs. Mass Hysteria grants an instant fear and strong debuff, while Aspect of Terror is more delayed but affects more targets.

Because Aspect of Terror is now more powerful against groups, we’ve made the initial projectile visible to help add counterplay to the ability.

Really? Like Really? Can I reflect that [snip]? No. Heck I might be one of the best players in the games & can't see to roll dodge that small red dot in a charging FIRE destro ulti that [snip] teleported to me, FROM STEALTH.
Any1 catch the look of that set styigans or something gives like 20% extra damage from stealth? major & minor berserk stackable.

I know this is a bit from the formal of my usual posts, but this nerfs a joke @... Is Wrobel still here? Dude hasen't posted since like 2016... Is there a new guy, if so what madness have'ye?

[Edited to remove profanity]
Edited by ZOS_KatP on October 24, 2017 7:12PM
Pinja for Dual Wands.
Pinja's three server solutions:
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please bold key points... this made me sleepy. Also a space between paragraphs would be nice
  • Pinja
    Pinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Please bold key points... this made me sleepy. Also a space between paragraphs would be nice

@Tasear set off the mood a bit but read just the bold & you'll get the jest, whole things a good read though.
    Edited by Pinja on October 23, 2017 4:20PM
    Pinja for Dual Wands.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheeesh I'm exhausted.

Think u dont like the change, me neither
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't read what you wrote, but if it is about the cc removal from frags then I agree. I sometimes think that I am dreaming and that no dev would be this stupid, then I remember we have wrobel as lead combat designer.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Insulting devs or designers isn't going to help anything, at all, ever.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pinja wrote: »
    Sorcerer

Dark Magic
    Crystal Shards: This ability and the Crystal Fragments morph no longer stun the enemy hit. The Crystal Blast morph continues to stun the initial enemy hit.
    Developer Comment:
    Spoiler

Rune Prison: Increased the cost of this ability and its morphs by approximately 16%.
    Hear me out on this, crystal shards & crystal blast is hands down one of the the most manageable form of attacks in the game, projectile. Cast time, travel time, reflect, dodge, silence, dark cloak literary every class in the game has something to shut it down but they just don't care. Then they say "Oh ya, I don't feel like changing my bar just for magic sorcs," Well [snip] brother now I'm having to redo my whole [snip] character, because you don't give a dam. Could've got 12% of your health back on a sword & board, but naw; Could've blocked & pop'ed vigor on the forth second because you know how this [snip] works by now, but naw; Could've had someone heal u, most often. But [snip] me right, could've made me [snip] myself, but [snip] me harder right.

So I hear what your saying right, in cry'rod kinda hard 2 see that ish comm'in, but no worries my boi got me with the heals we out'che zergin it. And if we're not, we're dark cloak'in & roll dodging. Even if your trying to nerf high-end cyrodiil, you just gave bomb-blades 6 free vicious death procs in between the 2s of them charging up their destro ult, poping fear & teleport strike & that's been the deadliest thing in cyrodiil patch after patch since VD came out. Think I can just take down 10 ppl instantly? Well then u say it takes 'skill' to use. No it doesn't, well alot less then I do, your literally in stealth, not being attacked, hitting a button combination.

Then there's the small scale stuff. Duals are just for fun & you definitly have time to slot some CC & anti-projectile in between matches. (If they choose to re fight u, if you where somehow surprised.) Same for battle grounds, re-slot a move jump down & fight. Like know an ounce of battle mechanic & any sorc is dead in 9-23s any class, 9s without immovable. A Nightblades whole palate lets them win a 1v1 focus fight damage, defiles, maims, guaranteed crit, element of surprise, near always first hit advantage, potion ulti regen, fear me across mines... Really u loose don't know how 2 fight or run from a fight, but wait Stam-blades don't & they can 1 frame any glass & beat on anything but good stam dks. Best at burning tanks stun defile weaves, mad damage.

Returning back to sorcerers & how [snip] this change is going to be. Anyone know how to maximize dps on a stam character? Oh ya, thats right heavy attack, bash, animation cancel. So while i'm making such good frame dps hard casting this frag for u, ur go'na push my [snip] right back in by triple disorient ulti stun comboing me for 9s if you don't wait to reflect it at me in all it's cast & travel time.

Like the stun is a defensive move also, we get pushed how're we going to hard cast. If I could just sit their not worry about my health bar like the sorcs most ppl want nerfed ya that'll work, but then that would mean your not nerfing [snip]. But if I need the stun, blasts not helping me for [snip], & you just skrew'd me over for no reason.

On top of all that it may look easy because good sorcs are veterans, but crystal frags is the most skill demanding shot in the game. You have time that [snip] between dark cloak (stam-nbs); Time that [snip] between roll dodges; Time that [snip]between bubbles; Time that [snip] between wings, Time that [snip]on the holy trinity(R.I.P), if it missis [snip] happens you get hit with 3-6k for four seconds of my time & manna. Even then you only get to execute with extra damage or ult. Like how did my burst surprise u. There was a loud hiss, you started glowing purple, I started glowing purple... Not like I'm a Night-blade the one frame wonder freely teleporting in & out of zergs, killing 20 ppl, moving faster than a horse with stealth on some wrobel wonder patch, giving ppl 50% movement speed reduction off rip (un-morphed) with the most OP cc in the game. And you give it a buff. Like the frag cc is the thing that needed the nerf & you leave Fear in the game.
    Nightblade

Shadow
    Manifestation of Terror (Aspect of Terror morph): This morph now fears up to 6 enemies per trap, up from 2, and the trap no longer triggers if a crowd control-immune enemy walks over it. Enemies can also now see an initial projectile marking the trap’s location.
    Mass Hysteria (Aspect of Terror morph): This morph no longer fears an additional enemy, but only fears the same amount of enemies as the base ability (2 enemies). It continues to inflict Minor Maim as a morph effect.
    Developer Comments:

We wanted to distinguish the gameplay between Aspect of Terror’s morphs. Mass Hysteria grants an instant fear and strong debuff, while Aspect of Terror is more delayed but affects more targets.

Because Aspect of Terror is now more powerful against groups, we’ve made the initial projectile visible to help add counterplay to the ability.

Really? Like Really? Can I reflect that [snip]? No. Heck I might be one of the best players in the games & can't see to roll dodge that small red dot in a charging FIRE destro ulti that [snip] teleported to me, FROM STEALTH.
    Any1 catch the look of that set styigans or something gives like 20% extra damage from stealth? major & minor berserk stackable.

I know this is a bit from the formal of my usual posts, but this nerfs a joke @... Is Wrobel still here? Dude hasen't posted since like 2016... Is there a new guy, if so what madness have'ye?

Welcome to dark flare world

[Edited for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on October 24, 2017 7:14PM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

That’s true, but seeing that constructive criticism has the same effect - none - you might as well relieve the pressure and vent the frustration. ;)
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Totally agree with every single one of the points you made. NBs are literally unkillable in Cyrodiil. And people still cry 'Nerf Sorc'.
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by WreckfulAbandon on November 1, 2017 6:37PM
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Crazy_welshLady
    Crazy_welshLady
    Soul Shriven
    Stop crying. Just use different skills or make different character, this the reason why they have had so many changes in the game as constant crying. Insulting devs I agree won't get what you want. I have no problem killing nb's or any other character tbh.
  • mdylan2013
    mdylan2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop crying. Just use different skills or make different character, this the reason why they have had so many changes in the game as constant crying. Insulting devs I agree won't get what you want. I have no problem killing nb's or any other character tbh.

They should all make magplars :)
    PS4/EU
    CP-1300+
    PSN - LookoutLuke
    15 Max level toons
    PVE/PVP
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is the crystal blast usage? Any great builds yet? Someone got to 40k dps with it? Deadly crystal blast PvP build?

Yeah... X Doubt.

PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Amazingly well thought out rebuke. Bravo. I don't think anyone yet has suggested sorcs should just roll a new class, but there's a first for everything I guess. I do like your argument though, it's beautifully terse and universal.
    • Don't like frags nerf? Roll a different character.
    • Don't like petrify nerf? Roll a different character.
    • Don't like spear shards nerf? Roll a different character.
    • Don't like constant cloak and shade bugs? Roll a different character.

Guess the whole server should just roll wardens!
    Edited by HoloYoitsu on November 8, 2017 8:19PM
  • Crazy_welshLady
    Crazy_welshLady
    Soul Shriven
    No magdk ftw, n no just learn to adapt to the new skills
    Edited by Crazy_welshLady on November 8, 2017 9:59PM
  • Crazy_welshLady
    Crazy_welshLady
    Soul Shriven
    Lmao if you can't play a character after an update go play cod
    Edited by Crazy_welshLady on November 8, 2017 10:01PM
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This a console user necro?

This is my opinion. The chance for no cast time and cost should just be on the base morph and it shouldn't stun and do less damage.

Crystal Frags should be the AoE morph more damage
    and
    Crystal Blast should be the stun but with less damage.

Thier names make more sense this way around
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »

This is my opinion. The chance for no cast time and cost should just be on the base morph and it shouldn't stun and do less damage.

and

but blast implies that it is AoE. it's like boom! yall got Crystal Blasted.... I wonder if they both were supposed to be AoE...

TBH i don't really play sorc, I never really could get the rotation and didn't quite have fun with it, even when I tried going off meta. Either way, I think ZOS is approaching the nerfs and buffs all wrong. If anything, they should be prioritizing fixing all the stupid bugs in this game. I hate the gap closer bug, DK leap bug, all those resource desyncs, Miats (so obv PC, can't have dem bow builds), among others...
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
  • Pinja
    Pinja
    ✭✭✭✭

and

Naw, just revert crystal changes. +PTS ended & this post has been sitting first page since the mistakes have been made.
    Pinja for Dual Wands.
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭

and

Naw, just revert crystal changes. +PTS ended & this post has been sitting first page since the mistakes have been made.

Sorcs are salty that their main part of burst got nerfed (I understand), still have all the damage tho. If you say that people roll dodge away and you miss them all, then you woulda missed all the damage before the nerf anyways.

Look for something on your bar that is a flex spot and put rune cage on it. It's unblockable and undodgeable so....

That said. I don't play a sorc, so I'm not sure if sorcs even have a flex spot on their ability bar. Even so every class has to make a compromise on what they have on their bar. Most stamina users (especially stam warden) don't really have a stun (and if you say wrecking blow) well that is largely telegraphed and I generally miss most of my attempts b/c people moving and roll dodging...
    Odin banker - obv banker

• Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

It's like when you see the guy in the car before yours doing some impossibly dumb manouver. You know nothing is going to help him anyway, so you throw a couple of insults just to let it out. ;)
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gan Xing wrote: »

and

Sorcs are salty that their main part of burst got nerfed (I understand), still have all the damage tho. If you say that people roll dodge away and you miss them all, then you woulda missed all the damage before the nerf anyways.

Look for something on your bar that is a flex spot and put rune cage on it. It's unblockable and undodgeable so....

That said. I don't play a sorc, so I'm not sure if sorcs even have a flex spot on their ability bar. Even so every class has to make a compromise on what they have on their bar. Most stamina users (especially stam warden) don't really have a stun (and if you say wrecking blow) well that is largely telegraphed and I generally miss most of my attempts b/c people moving and roll dodging...

I don't play PvP at all, I really loved how unique and tactic our spell was. I could time the knock down inside vet instances to save an healer getting swarmed.
    But no, every damn game I play, they make it garbage because of PvP NERF threads.
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »

and

I don't play PvP at all, I really loved how unique and tactic our spell was. I could time the knock down inside vet instances to save an healer getting swarmed.
    But no, every damn game I play, they make it garbage because of PvP NERF threads.

Quite certain the rune cage can do just as good, if not better job at saving your healer. It doesn't require a proc to go off instantly, and basically disables your target for 3 seconds (just like the stun from frags!)
    Odin banker - obv banker

• Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »

and

Quite certain the rune cage can do just as good, if not better job at saving your healer. It doesn't require a proc to go off instantly, and basically disables your target for 3 seconds (just like the stun from frags!)

Sure, and as DPS my role now is to use 1 of the super few ability slots for something that may happen 2-3 times in a dungeon run. Whereas frags were an useful portion of the DPS rotation and their proc could be used tactically without dropping doing damage, which is my job.
    Edited by Vahrokh on December 29, 2017 1:05AM