The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The point of Alliance wars is to make three factions who fight

Cherryblossom
Cherryblossom
✭✭✭✭✭
So can we please make it so if you have one faction in a campaign you cannot join in the same campaign in another faction.
In Vivec EU there is currently an orange faction because if 3 of the main ball groups cannot get in their favoured faction, they just log into the other faction and help their friends in the other faction.
You know if we didn't have the extra ball groups working together we might even get less lag.....But that is just dream now, we have all become accepting of the lag and bugs now....
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t know if the “orange faction” is a thing on PC or XBL, but on PS4-NA it’s the “purple faction” day in and day out in Vivec. It’s gotten to the point where they don’t even try to hide their cross-alliance partnerships. I’ve had lots of footage of EP and DC players literally standing side by side, and ganking AD. All the while not fighting amongst themselves, and working in a cooperative fashion to kill AD players (extremely common to see at Alessia and BRK). Footage of DC going and hitting: BB, BM, and Faregyl when AD starts pressuring EP too hard (and the other way around as well).

One of the worst things ZOS could’ve ever done, was not force a faction lock on accounts (regarding PvP only). As it has only caused tons of issues regarding honest play, and the entire leaderboard/scoring system. On PS4-NA, it’s the same Top 10 people on the leaderboards regardless of the faction in almost cases (within Vivec). And ironically enough, most of them are friends and or within the same guilds. Yet, people who are out of the loop truly believe that they have a shot at getting emperor. Cyrodiil is 99.9% politics nowadays, and it’s disgusting.
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tonight, PC/NA Vivec was blue up to Chalman and down to Black Boot and red up to Arrius and down to Bloodmayne. AD barely held onto Fare and traded Roe back and forth with DC. It appeared to be a "purple alliance" situation.

But in reality, AD just has weak guilds and zero prime time map presence despite great numbers. I swear 50% of their players are block tanks or stam bow builds spamming shieldbreaker thinking they're contributing to something.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tonight, PC/NA Vivec was blue up to Chalman and down to Black Boot and red up to Arrius and down to Bloodmayne. AD barely held onto Fare and traded Roe back and forth with DC. It appeared to be a "purple alliance" situation.

But in reality, AD just has weak guilds and zero prime time map presence despite great numbers. I swear 50% of their players are block tanks or stam bow builds spamming shieldbreaker thinking they're contributing to something.

tastes.. almost.. salty ..
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Goshua wrote: »

gross that you tasted it
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭

gross that you tasted it

hur hur

EP and DC seem to give us only one objective to face a stacked raid or two of each of them, there objective is for us (AD) to bash our heads against turtled DC in fare once their zerg roles its way around our bottom keeps, all the while the EP AP parasites hand around like bad smells

( including these battle ground teams that won't go play BG's and 'solo-ist/duelists' that have a very selective target 'audience' and are doing no more than the light attack solo bow builds trying to defend the flags from nowhere near them.

Any group that hasn't the same name numbers is squashed if it breathes on taking a keep that forces EP or DC to ride further to get their 3way jollies.

I can understand this must be fun. But its really just a joke.

Not to mention continuous resource camping, you want a resource, take 24 men and get it over with or some cases in both factions, 48 while you go towards the next meat grinder.

So yes I've tasted it, I swim in the brine everyday, the ground hog day that is Vivec.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

gross that you tasted it

hur hur

EP and DC seem to give us only one objective to face a stacked raid or two of each of them, there objective is for us (AD) to bash our heads against turtled DC in fare once their zerg roles its way around our bottom keeps, all the while the EP AP parasites hand around like bad smells

( including these battle ground teams that won't go play BG's and 'solo-ist/duelists' that have a very selective target 'audience' and are doing no more than the light attack solo bow builds trying to defend the flags from nowhere near them.

Any group that hasn't the same name numbers is squashed if it breathes on taking a keep that forces EP or DC to ride further to get their 3way jollies.

Not to mention continuous resource camping, you want a resource, take 24 men and get it over with or some cases in both factions, 48 while you go towards the next meat grinder.

So yes I've tasted it, I swim in the brine everyday, the ground hog day that is Vivec.

Swimming in brine? I have swam in guar [snip] since early access. Every time i step onto the digital soil of Cyrodiil I have to battle dissidents within the COVENANT itself. I have enemies within what is supposed to be my own "safe space", COVENANT zone chat. On top of that, I don't discriminate between red or yellow. They all deserve my size 11 Bone Pirate boot straight up their [snip]! So far up in fact that that can then floss their teeth with the laces!!!

[Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on December 30, 2017 5:11PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we all know it's us faction hopping randoms that really make cyrodiil work ;)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    You could lock factions to an account for a whole year but it won't change certain guilds just not attacking each other and double teaming the odd man out.
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

gross that you tasted it

hur hur

Swimming in brine? I have swam in guar[snip] since early access. Every time i step onto the digital soil of Cyrodiil I have to battle dissidents within the COVENANT itself. I have enemies within what is supposed to be my own "safe space", COVENANT zone chat. On top of that, I don't discriminate between red or yellow. They all deserve my size 11 Bone Pirate boot straight up their [snip]! So far up in fact that that can then floss their teeth with the laces!!!

Oh, this one thinks they can top all of that.

https://youtu.be/ss6bcw0VguM

That has pretty much been typical for the pack to deal with for at least two hours ever day. Often with the knowledge we are the only Dumbminion group pushing anything on the map and thus can expect no real help. Though sometimes TD, Ruin (or even more rarely another guild) has a PUG going , and we do better on those days.

And then the 'looking for good fights' types show up....

On the side with all the advantages and conveniently near forty man blobs and or doorways.

This one is still quite amused at how many 'good' players never seem to have dumbminion toons when it'd involve an uphill battle. Or how they just can't bring themselves to 'zerg surf' on their griff toons against the 'overwhelmed' bloops. Especially when they could just sit behind a door and take out 'zerglings' stuck in load screens.

Fortunately khajiit understands that some people find mud crabs terrifying opponents and are thus to psychologically scarred to ever move past such epic beasts. But someday, this one hopes, they will do just that and move onto slaying the might, overwhelming...

group of 3 skeevers guarding a mushroom.

Solo.

Until then Telel will just laugh at how rogueish sorts, men of japanese beef names, and lovers of the big D-tricks huddle behind the grand wall of flesh that is a typical bloop 'small man'.

[Edited for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on December 30, 2017 5:12PM
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • chris211
    chris211
    ✭✭✭✭

the only reason ad are in third place right now is because there isn't a 4th faction
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Telel wrote: »

gross that you tasted it

hur hur

Swimming in brine? I have swam in guar [snip] since early access. Every time i step onto the digital soil of Cyrodiil I have to battle dissidents within the COVENANT itself. I have enemies within what is supposed to be my own "safe space", COVENANT zone chat. On top of that, I don't discriminate between red or yellow. They all deserve my size 11 Bone Pirate boot straight up their [snip]! So far up in fact that that can then floss their teeth with the laces!!!

Oh, this one thinks they can top all of that.

https://youtu.be/ss6bcw0VguM

That has pretty much been typical for the pack to deal with for at least two hours ever day. Often with the knowledge we are the only Dumbminion group pushing anything on the map and thus can expect no real help. Though sometimes TD, Ruin (or even more rarely another guild) has a PUG going , and we do better on those days.

And then the 'looking for good fights' types show up....

On the side with all the advantages and conveniently near forty man blobs and or doorways.

This one is still quite amused at how many 'good' players never seem to have dumbminion toons when it'd involve an uphill battle. Or how they just can't bring themselves to 'zerg surf' on their griff toons against the 'overwhelmed' bloops. Especially when they could just sit behind a door and take out 'zerglings' stuck in load screens.

Fortunately khajiit understands that some people find mud crabs terrifying opponents and are thus to psychologically scarred to ever move past such epic beasts. But someday, this one hopes, they will do just that and move onto slaying the might, overwhelming...

group of 3 skeevers guarding a mushroom.

Solo.

Until then Telel will just laugh at how rogueish sorts, men of japanese beef names, and lovers of the big D-tricks huddle behind the grand wall of flesh that is a typical bloop 'small man'.

I don't recognize those names. Maybe Naked Saramis' BoD? Maybe the reinvigorated Knights of Ni? Maybe EP and AD on blue alts? Maybe server bots?

[Edited for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on December 30, 2017 5:14PM
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought the purpose was to ignore the map, ignore the objectives, ignore the campaign and run around in a little blob on TS with your buddies yelling "Exposed!!!1!" while you spam destro ults farming potatoes from a tower. The entire PvP system needs to be re-written if you want people to start caring about the overarching campaign again or have any sense of faction loyalty.

From about a year after launch till now, there have been blobspam cancer guilds with no such loyalty that just hop factions at will and only care about max AP gain. Part of the blame goes to ZOS for abandoning PvP so many times.

I would love to see a "loyalty account upgrade" option in the crown store. Changes all your characters to the faction of your choice, ONE TIME ONLY per account. Make your choice and stick with it.
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on December 29, 2017 7:18PM
  • alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭

AD has 4 guilds running half a raid each in "some" days of the week, 2 of them actually having to pug.
    Its not about quality (apart from 2 EP guilds all other DC and EP guilds struggle to wipe even pugs) its about quantity.

We simply don't have enough guilds or players in guilds to maintain a strong presence and lately apart from prime time EP and DC sometimes have 1 or 2 bars of advantage compared to us, most of the times avoiding fighting each other.
    Walks-in-Shadowss AD Magblade
    *** kitty AD Stamblade
    Paarthurnax's Will AD Magicka DK
    agnar cracked skull EP Magicka DK (veteran dragonstar arena bot)
    Klogi Mugdul AD Stamina DK
    Savre Selranni AD Magicka Sorc (being polished)
    Avenar Lolhealing AD Magicka Templar (being polished)

• alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also i have been paying attention to 3 streamers lately and even when AD has 1 or 2 bars population they and their small groups are always at the same yellow resources/keeps like its gravity pulling them down.

Like....roe farm or alessia lumber....ring any bells?
    Walks-in-Shadowss AD Magblade
    *** kitty AD Stamblade
    Paarthurnax's Will AD Magicka DK
    agnar cracked skull EP Magicka DK (veteran dragonstar arena bot)
    Klogi Mugdul AD Stamina DK
    Savre Selranni AD Magicka Sorc (being polished)
    Avenar Lolhealing AD Magicka Templar (being polished)

• DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭

AD has 4 guilds running half a raid each in "some" days of the week, 2 of them actually having to pug.
    Its not about quality (apart from 2 EP guilds all other DC and EP guilds struggle to wipe even pugs) its about quantity.

We simply don't have enough guilds or players in guilds to maintain a strong presence and lately apart from prime time EP and DC sometimes have 1 or 2 bars of advantage compared to us, most of the times avoiding fighting each other.

When he says 2 EP guilds he means Drac and then Invictus ( Vohluken/ZDM) then all the rest. When he says DC meaning VE is not currently running. Without them they struggle to wipe AD bow spammers with shield breaker and block tanks are trying to be Draconis but don’t cut the mustard. But what they do have is people who play after prime time and pvp door the tri keeps. Make no mistake without Drac EP would be hard pressed to win anything.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought the purpose was to ignore the map, ignore the objectives, ignore the campaign and run around in a little blob on TS with your buddies yelling "Exposed!!!1!" while you spam destro ults farming potatoes from a tower. The entire PvP system needs to be re-written if you want people to start caring about the overarching campaign again (snip)

Too true, it hurts. Doing things that earn me the most AP don't help my alliance. Think about that: the reward for being the mvp of your faction comes from farming a resource, not tactically taking strategic keeps or killing enemies in the process of a take/defense. The act of securing a scroll hurts your chance of getting emp by lowering your AP/H. Let that sink in.

Unfortunately the AP at resources is needed for people to even want to take them :/
    Edited by DocFrost72 on December 29, 2017 10:11PM
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another day, another struggle against things the 'skilled' griffs and bloops insist are naught but products of a over active imagination...

https://youtu.be/qjGc-1B-VFc

If this one's imagination could only produce currency that was as tangible as this 'nonexistent' thing then they'd be quite the rich khajiit.

Oh, and this was just the most amusing incident today. The dozen or so organized griffs who showed up to defend Roebeck for DC was also pretty blatant. They even made a little clip of it from Telel's stream.
    Edited by Telel on December 30, 2017 3:44AM
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Telel wrote: »
    Another day, another struggle against things the 'skilled' griffs and bloops insist are naught but products of a over active imagination...

https://youtu.be/qjGc-1B-VFc

If this one's imagination could only produce currency that was as tangible as this 'nonexistent' thing then they'd be quite the rich khajiit.

Oh, and this was just the most amusing incident today. The dozen or so organized griffs who showed up to defend Roebeck for DC was also pretty blatant. They even made a little clip of it from Telel's stream.

LOL. Loved everything about that video. Except purple alliance. No truce with EP ever. Better dead than red.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Profanity? ZOS!? Why you want me dead!?