Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

MORE SPACE!!!!! (600 not enough for the big houses)

Crom_CCCXVI
Crom_CCCXVI
✭✭✭✭✭
Seriously, just charge $$$ for it. It's not like performance is that important in this case.
I should at least have enough space for my Busts, and Trophies?

I have Hundings Palatial and I do not feel like it is over-detailed, and I have entire area's that are skimpy.
2000 I think would be a more applicable amount of space.

Thanks
  • ArcVelarian
    ArcVelarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let subscribers decorate at their own peril.
    Murphy's Law of PvP : If it can be abused and or exploited, it will be abused and or exploited.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh look, Post #9,438 saying this, lol. They’re working on it, but it’s a performance issue...not that they don’t want to offer more space.

When you’re in a homestead instance, the environment has to be custom-rendered each time it loads. The more independent, movable objects that are loaded, the more complex the render. If I have a premade room that is flat and pre-rendered, then I add a bed, the system runs calculations - how does the bed look? How does the appearance change as you move around it? How does the light hit it, and how does it bounce off? Now I put in a nightstand...the system has to calculate how the nightstand looks taking the bed into consideration - if the bed is between the camera and the nightstand, then the view of the nightstand is blocked. That’s obvious to us in a real world, but digitally this has to be established. Light bounces between the two objects, and they cast shadows.

It seems counterintuitive that homestead instances can’t be as populated as the rest of the game. Think of it like this...say I have a blu ray of Big Hero 6. I put it in my player, and the one small processor in the player is able to project the film onto my tv in amazing 4K quality. Then let’s say we want Baymax to have a pink hue instead of white for some reason. The designers can drop that into the movie in an hour. It would then take a supercomputer processing center comprised of 55,000 cores over 1.1 million computing hours to re-render the film. Then once rendered, that copy can be played on a puny blu ray processor.

Tamriel is all mostly pre-rendered...only the players are rendered on the fly. In a homestead instance there are hundreds more objects being rendered on the fly, which is part of why it’s hard to add unlimited slots.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    Oh look, Post #9,438 saying this, lol. They’re working on it, but it’s a performance issue...not that they don’t want to offer more space.

When you’re in a homestead instance, the environment has to be custom-rendered each time it loads. The more independent, movable objects that are loaded, the more complex the render. If I have a premade room that is flat and pre-rendered, then I add a bed, the system runs calculations - how does the bed look? How does the appearance change as you move around it? How does the light hit it, and how does it bounce off? Now I put in a nightstand...the system has to calculate how the nightstand looks taking the bed into consideration - if the bed is between the camera and the nightstand, then the view of the nightstand is blocked. That’s obvious to us in a real world, but digitally this has to be established. Light bounces between the two objects, and they cast shadows.

It seems counterintuitive that homestead instances can’t be as populated as the rest of the game. Think of it like this...say I have a blu ray of Big Hero 6. I put it in my player, and the one small processor in the player is able to project the film onto my tv in amazing 4K quality. Then let’s say we want Baymax to have a pink hue instead of white for some reason. The designers can drop that into the movie in an hour. It would then take a supercomputer processing center comprised of 55,000 cores over 1.1 million computing hours to re-render the film. Then once rendered, that copy can be played on a puny blu ray processor.

Tamriel is all mostly pre-rendered...only the players are rendered on the fly. In a homestead instance there are hundreds more objects being rendered on the fly, which is part of why it’s hard to add unlimited slots.

But it's not impossible. It just would require ZoS to invest infrastructure upgrades. They don't want to do it because there is no direct financial incentive unless there are that many people holding out on purchasing houses strictly because of the low object limit.

This isn't some technical conondurm that is impossible to solve. It would just take money and some time. Both of which ZoS doesn't seem to want to invest in the housing object issue. Yeah more objects will take the player longer to load but it's not like they will be unable to load them.

+1 insightful however for a good explanation on how loading instances in housing works.
    Edited by Apache_Kid on December 25, 2017 10:55PM
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    But it's not impossible. It just would require ZoS to invest infrastructure upgrades. They don't want to do it because there is no direct financial incentive unless there are that many people holding out on purchasing houses strictly because of the low object limit.

This isn't some technical conondurm that is impossible to solve. It would just take money and some time. Both of which ZoS doesn't seem to want to invest in the housing object issue. Yeah more objects will take the player longer to load but it's not like they will be unable to load them.

+1 insightful however for a good explanation on how loading instances in housing works.

But what if the performance issues they are trying to sort out are client side?

I lost a motherboard and gpu to the lighting patch. I'd also love more slots but I'd rather they make sure everything will work without issue before raising the cap
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ixie wrote: »
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

But what if the performance issues they are trying to sort out are client side?

I lost a motherboard and gpu to the lighting patch. I'd also love more slots but I'd rather they make sure everything will work without issue before raising the cap

Yeah that's possible. It's just that housing has been out for like 11 months. I expected something by now. Which makes me think that what I suggested is the case. The large homes just look so empty at the current limit. Some of these objects are so tiny and still cost the same to place as the most giant clockwork city furnace or what have you. None of it is right.
  • Heru_Elrin
    Heru_Elrin
    ✭✭
    I too should like to see more space but not at the risk of performance issues. I have Matthisen Manor. I took most of the furniture that was supstairs and brought most of it to the first floor. It’s quite well decorated but I feel that all the tiny little items that I used to create an environment gobbled up the slots before I knew it. For example...bottles added in the wine racks, books and papers on desks, plants and lightening...all the things that one would want in order to make the place feel lived in. I had to add so many lights to the manor in order for the place to feel like it was lit.
    I do feel that people should be allowed to fill their homes...indoors and outdoors with as much as they like to their taste. I can only hope that we will see the increase at some point. And we should thank the creators for what they have offered us so far. Sometimes the creative process can be quite unrewarding when all you get is negative feedback. Keep up the good work Bethesda and we will stay true to you.
    Cana i cala ture nanye oponye munta ulca taruva.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    7253d7434588315b05cd8a0b718fee83.jpg
    But yes, we need way more housing slots. The housing system right now is a shameful piece of garbage due to the low capacito of decorating as you want, because of that random limit.
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    700 for classic homes and 800 for notable ones would not kill the game

and 100+ slots is roughly the MINIMUM to add for proper furnishing (Mathiisen for classic and Serenity for notable e.g.)
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • YamiKuruku
    YamiKuruku
    ✭✭✭✭
    even 50 more slots would make me happy xD
    get kinda annoyed of always sorting out what stuff i dont want when i add something new
    -{ PC EU }-
    CP 810+
    x Khazadaar > lvl50 EP | Khajiit magblade | Main&Master Crafter | Bloodletter
    x Mazayee-Kajthux > lvl 50 EP | Argonian Warden Healer | Godslayer
    x Margaux the Undying > lvl50 DC | Breton Templar Healer | Tick-Tock Tormentor
    x Fendryn Olms >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer Necro Healer | Gryphon Heart
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
    x Haj Xal >lvl50 EP | Argonian Healblade | Immortal Redeemer
    x Caessia>lvl 50EP | Imperial Warden Tank | Bringer of Light
    x Andre Valere >lvl 50 AD | Breton SorcTank | Gryphon Heart
    x S'zhan'ir >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit StamDen| Alpha Predator
    x Ri'zaad Sajhan >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit DKTank | extinguisher of flames
    x Mi'ra-Do>lvl 50EP | Khajiit magPlar | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    x Minwe Elsinor>lvl 50EP | Altmer MagDen | Dovahkriid
    x Velen Dres > lvl50 EP | Dunmer Magcro | Voice of Reason
    x Perathea > lvl50 AD | Argonian MagDK
    x Myvth >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer StamDK | Plague of Peryite
    x Nephaal Telvanni > lvl50 EP | dunmer MagSorc | Voice of Reason
    x Ko'haana > lvl50 AD | Khajiit Magsorc
    x Zasha gra-Lashk > lvl50 EP | Orc Stamcro
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wish they would sell us slot increases already. I dont even care if its a blatant cash grab and will crash my game half the time I zone home. I just want to cram as much stuff as I need to to make my homes look good!
  • Aethereal'Golden
    Aethereal'Golden
    ✭✭✭
    I would be happy if we had a choice - to use slots reserved for 'monster busts' for something else or leave them for trophies. If my home technically has a space for busts, there should be a place for something much more important, like books or goblets instead, etc. Just let us 'convert' monster trophy slots into normal ones...
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is all related to the LCD of the various platforms the game can be played on from first version PS4/Xbox1 to lower end PCs. Those are what drives the limit. Nothing else.

Could they do something like eliminate dueling or lower the amount of players to maybe allow more statics? Perhaps, but how would that go over with the ones that like those aspects.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Woefulmonkey
    Woefulmonkey
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, once again a post demanding what is basically impossible and then calming it is possible with no reasoning or examples to support this assertion.

Can Zos increase the house items count?....

Yes. almost certainly they can but not by a dramatic amount that would be useful to anyone.

OK, So I am sure you are convinced by my statements without fact or data to support it right?...

Of course not and I don't blame you, because this issue should be easily 'provable' one way or another but no one has taken the time to actually show what the performance issues really are and how they impact the game.

So...

How do you prove or disprove these 'limitations' are real and impactful in a way that make adding significantly more slot very very problematic?

Simple you run a Test ideally on low end hardware.

NOTE: Run these tests at your own risk. there is a possibility that your character could get stuck in your house in a way that makes the game unplayable.

Here are some simple test to run:

1. ) Get 700 items together preferably 'lights' and pile them up very close together in a small area of the map right in front of the 'entrance' of the house. If you are on PC there is a tool call Immaculate Constructions that can help with item placement and you can start an account on the Test Server so you don't have to buy all the items.
    2. ) Once all the items are place log out then log back in to the house, and note how long it take for all 700 object to load into the zone.
    3. ) Once everything loads look at look at the pile of object and move in a circle around it keeping it in view at all time, then record your frames per second.
    4. ) After making a circle around the pile start moving toward it until you start colliding with objects and then start jumping on top of the pile, again record your frames per second.

Now if you can do all those test and have 2 second object load times and are running at a consistent 60 frames per second... then yeah Zos if full BS and they can probably give you what you want so they are just being obstinate.

However if it take 10 seconds or more just to load the objects in then that is a definite performance issue.

If the load times are longer than that it could lead to people getting 'locked' our of the game by not being able to load in.

If while running the test your frame per second drops below 60 fames per second then you are definitely hitting a 'performance' cap that mean each new object start reducing your frames per second so things are starting to get dicey.

If the frames per second drop below 30 FPS then you are hitting unacceptable performance ranges that impact 'playability' for the game.

If it gets down to 10 FPS they are already allowing you to go beyond what is 'safe' for performance of the game.

Edited by Woefulmonkey on June 7, 2018 10:52PM
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While we are wishing on a star, I would like a furniture bag.

I've filled up 3 properties just for storage, alot of it being untradeable crown purchased items. I typically use like 1-2 things from furniture packs, but don't want to destroy the rest 'just in case.'
  • Woefulmonkey
    Woefulmonkey
    ✭✭✭
    @Wreuntzylla

LOL.. Well a furniture bag is at least definitely an achievable goal.

I hope Zos will at least add that to there 'subscriber' perks. It was one of many ideas posed on a thread managed by Zos about how to improve subscription benefits.
    Edited by Woefulmonkey on June 7, 2018 6:44PM
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since this is probably the number one (non PvP) complaint in the game, and they have never even acknowledged it, let alone fixed it..... I'm pretty sure there will be no slot increase. In fact, I think we will see the giant nag screen disappear before we are awarded more housing slots, I'm that confident in their inaction on the matter.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Woefulmonkey
    Woefulmonkey
    ✭✭✭
    @Jaraal

Zos has acknowledged it. They have even said they are 'trying' to do something about it, but it IS a performance issue.

Do you really think they don't want to 'sell' more virtual furniture?
    (They are basically selling air for real money, most companies love that kind of business.)

Now, could they just remove the cap and say F it add items at your own risk.

But they know that logic is complete BS, people say they will accept that risk until they get 'locked' out of the house they just paid 140$ real dollar to purchase just because the planted too many bushes at the entrance to their home and now they can't load in anymore.

Or worse yet their character get 'locked' into their home because they happen to have added 1500 object in a small area so that the characters frame rate drops to 1 frame per 10 seconds and the entire UI become unusable.

Those are the real consequences of object over load, it is not just a matter of fame rate dropping a couple of fames per second occasionally.

In the 'dev controlled' game world they make sure objects are spaces such that those conditions are nearly impossible to occur. But once players control object placement you have to consider what the 'could' do even if it is unlikely since players to really strange stuff all the time. (Because humans are infinity creative)

I recently saw a Online video of a guy who basically found out that the 'Island' house has not vertical bounding area. Which means you can build up as high as you like. So he basically built a vertical maze that takes you so high into the game space that you can't even see the ground any more. You just see the sky box in all direction.

Now that sounds harmless but Vector calculations can get sketchy once you start moving it extreme direction outside the 'official' map space particularly if you do something like 'jump from that high and the game has no 'terminal' velocity set.

In that case you can start moving so fast that the collision detection logic would let you pass right through the 'floor' of the game world and then you would start falling forever.

Worse, if the game devs have not already considered that conditions your players position could be set so that every time you logged in you would just start falling again because you would 'zone in' at a position outside the map.

Even worse there are limits to how 'big' number can get in computers so if a 'negative' get 'big' enough it can 'roll over' which means it goes from being a very big 'negative' number to instantly being a very big 'positive' number. If that happens the player could be teleported to a max high of the map and the whole process starts over again.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very informative, thank you.

One thing that makes me question the performance issue is, with Summerset, they have introduced TONS of new animated items.... some that are not artificially limited by price, or availability. You now have unlimited butterfly flocks, waterfalls, psijic globes, mind kelp plants, etc. And a player can craft as many fountains as he/she can scrounge up Culanda lacquers for. You know darn well somebody is going to try and put 700 fountains in a house, just to see if it can be done.

Point being, they could have easily placed a limit on animated furnishings and increased the limit on static furnishings.... but they didn't. But they are certainly making more lag inducing stuff to place in your house!
  • Woefulmonkey
    Woefulmonkey
    ✭✭✭
    @Jaraal

Animations are actually not necessarily an issue, at least not when it comes to collision detection. The collision calculations are the same regardless of weather or not the object is animated.

Other things like fog or butterflies are not even considered object. They are 'Sprite' effects which can be really cheap to implement.

The cost of object animations and Sprite effects are actually small compared to things like dynamic lighting effects.

This is because an 'animation' does not require complex calculations that have to take into account other objects.

I am sure that adding 700 animated object is worse than adding 700 completely static objects but it is not as bad as adding 700 lights.

So when they give you cool looking effects like water falls and butterflies or fog, they are actually providing things that take up item slot but have no 'collision' costs which actually reduces risk.

Animated objects on the other hand may cost a little more render than static objects but they don't change the collision costs which are what usually screw you.

This is why I keep advocating that ESO add more 'detailed' objects and more complete 'structural' objects.

Basically the cost of providing you and entire 'horse stable' complete with bales of hay and a water trough cost about the same as providing you with a empty bookshelf.

Providing more complex objects does not really 'up' their resource costs very much but it allows players to add content with a single object instead of having to combine dozens of individual objects. The example I usually use is giving us a 'basket full of apples' as opposed to making users take 1 empty basket and a 12 apples to create the same effect.

And you can see they are starting to do that stuff in their latest release.

They gave us a large floor area, walls, archways as wells a some items like a stand alone fireplace.

I have seen posts from users who have already reclaimed over 100 items slots just because of the walls and floor objects.
    Edited by Woefulmonkey on June 8, 2018 7:12AM
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also noticed they introduced a complete table setting, with placemat, plate, silverware, and food, which fits what you describe as being more detailed and complex, while only using up a single furnishing slot.
  • opallithia
    opallithia
    ✭✭✭
    I do wish ZOS would come forward and give us more than a "we're trying" and give us some specifics. It's been over a year now since homestead was released, and they've made almost no improvements to the housing system besides throwing more and more expensive homes and decorations at us (with the exception of storage, that is). If they are actually going to make this a priority I wish they would just say so, because currently I can't do what I'd love to do with some of my houses and I'd gladly pay crowns for item and player slot increases.
  • Woefulmonkey
    Woefulmonkey
    ✭✭✭
    @opallithia

The new objects like 'floors' and 'walls' and more completely 'decorated' tables and book cases are how Zos is 'trying'.

Solving the issue of allowing players to place hundreds of 'collideable' objects anywhere they want even with 'high end' hardware is not a simple task.

I am not asking you to take my word for it, look at my earlier post on how to 'test' what happens when you place to many object too close together in your house.

Halo introduced a 'level editor' back in halo 3 and has been refining it for years and still has not 'solved' that issue.

One of the things they did was to not place a 'explicit' cap on how many objects you could place.

Instead they determined a 'resource usage cost' of each object and used that to assign a 'dollar amount' for placing the object on the level. Then they gave players a budget for how much they could spend in total.

So you might be able to place 2000 non 'collideable' bushes before running out of 'money' but you could only place 3 tanks before that would take up your entire budget.

Initially they provided basic object and blocks and just like in ESO people started making incredible custom levels and then started screaming for 'more objects'.

Over 'years' halo introduce more 'complete structure' and 'building components' so people could achieve their goals, but they never found a way to just give them more items.

However, I do agree that Zos could be doing better in providing players with 'better' objects and 'building components' of various styles. That does not require Dev work it just requires Artist work and they should be able to scavenge many object right from the existing game.
  • Mz_Jo
    Mz_Jo
    ✭✭✭
    I am NOT GOING TO PAY MORE FOR SLOTS.... NO WAY ABSOLUTELY NOT

NOT AFTER THE MONEY I HAVE PAID FOR THESE PREMIUM MONSTER SIZED PROPERTIES!!!

1ST ZOS CHATS OF THE YEAR WE WERE PROMISED MORE

WHERE IS IT???

@ZOS_GaryA
    @ZOS_BillE

Was PS4pro - 4k @ Launch / 2022 Xbox X started all over!
    / DC only / PVE, PvP, All Crafting, Housing
    Vampires Rule
    Fav Weapon - Blade of Woe and Thief of everything!
    ESO Live Watcher, Patch Note Reader, Console Launch

• Zells
    Zells
    ✭✭✭
    @Jaraal

This is why I keep advocating that ESO add more 'detailed' objects and more complete 'structural' objects.

Basically the cost of providing you and entire 'horse stable' complete with bales of hay and a water trough cost about the same as providing you with a empty bookshelf.

Providing more complex objects does not really 'up' their resource costs very much but it allows players to add content with a single object instead of having to combine dozens of individual objects. The example I usually use is giving us a 'basket full of apples' as opposed to making users take 1 empty basket and a 12 apples to create the same effect.

This^^. This makes a world of difference. More of these kinds of objects, please ZOS. More multiple-object-objects like the filled bookcases and place settings, more structural items, esp. *large* structural items.

Thanks SO MUCH for the limestone shelves, arches, stairs, and the floor section in the Alinor furnishings. I'm trying to build walkways in Earthtear, and making long, flat, straight paths was eating up my item count before Summerset. More of that, please. Love the pieces, but that bright-white stone doesn't match most of the homes. Give us wall sections, flooring, arches, benches, etc. that match the interior of Hunding's, Daggerfall Overlook, and Earthtear, etc. (new sandstone, weathered sandstone, new granite, old granite...)

"Desk clutter" would be nice - a messy stack of books, some papers, a couple of scrolls, quill and ink pot, all bundled together as 1 item to be placed on a flat surface. Likewise with "enchanting clutter", "provisioning clutter", etc.

This. This. This.
    Tamriel_Tidbits is the home of your daily ESO Memento Mori: https://www.youtube.com/@Tamriel_Tidbits
  • G1Countdown
    G1Countdown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still don't understand why we don't have more slots. I have an absolute hard time believing that we are at the max amount of slots for the hardware they are basing their choices on.

I feel like even a gesture of 50 more slots per house. or 25 slots more per house would be positively received. Something to hold us over until they can figure out a way to make a better way.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »

OK then, how come I have good FPS in my 400/400 manor and I don't see any performance issues when I run around my house?

The item count should be treated differently. Small and tiny items should not share the same counter with fountains or large trees.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • playfull_kitten
    playfull_kitten
    ✭✭✭
    Zells wrote: »
    @Jaraal

This^^. This makes a world of difference. More of these kinds of objects, please ZOS. More multiple-object-objects like the filled bookcases and place settings, more structural items, esp. *large* structural items.

Thanks SO MUCH for the limestone shelves, arches, stairs, and the floor section in the Alinor furnishings. I'm trying to build walkways in Earthtear, and making long, flat, straight paths was eating up my item count before Summerset. More of that, please. Love the pieces, but that bright-white stone doesn't match most of the homes. Give us wall sections, flooring, arches, benches, etc. that match the interior of Hunding's, Daggerfall Overlook, and Earthtear, etc. (new sandstone, weathered sandstone, new granite, old granite...)

"Desk clutter" would be nice - a messy stack of books, some papers, a couple of scrolls, quill and ink pot, all bundled together as 1 item to be placed on a flat surface. Likewise with "enchanting clutter", "provisioning clutter", etc.

This. This. This.

I totally agree! But I also would like to be able to remove more of the items that comes with the house. That way I can use those slots for other stuff.

Furthermore.....your own ready furnished stable would be awesome! Please, please, pritty please ZOS!!!
    This one likes to play.....
  • Mz_Jo
    Mz_Jo
    ✭✭✭
    @zos
    I have always tried to be a positive community member but.....

I am losing my patience and so have many many others. Most don't have Forum Accounts and a lot of players have told me that they don't want to be bothered because it's a waste of time.

There's thousands of people who have been spending a lot of real money on just the houses!
    I know of a number of people who have been buying almost ALL OF THE HOMES!
    Some just enjoy the housing now....
    Then they have added ESO PLUS to their accounts....

So... There is a lot of money rolling in just from the housing market...

Extra game playing, farming for materials and designs....

All for artwork that has been essentially stolen from within the game...
    These extras would be easy to make.... Like desktop clutter... FFS... Makes a simple collage and save...

It's NOT a huge task for ESO to dump some new art into the game...

They have redesigned areas in preparation for larger projects without informing players and in a blink it's added in our game play.. ZOS has literally moved and redesigned mountains FFS!! I'm not saying that any of this is negative at all but just to make a point of what is and has been done.

So, stop making all these excuses for ESO...

THEY HAVE BEEN WORKING ON THIS GAME LONG BEFORE LAUNCH OF THE GAME....

They have had plenty of time.....

They are doing this to the PVP community of the game... Excuse after excuse after excuse.......

Throwing us crumbs along the way.....

All those exclusive homes... I really, really like the Summerset Grove... KEEP IT ESO....
    THIS WHALE IS DONE.....

No more crown exclusive homes from me.... Let the other people buy them....
    As for putting the GOOD STUFF in the Housing Crown Store... KEEP IT ESO.....

My days of patience and paying are limited!
    I have been here since the moment of PS4 launch. I have been watching ESO Live and I have heard enough promises and seen seen the failures. I stood by and made the excuses for you and pumped up players to the point of looking like a fool.

I want the extra housing items for my homes that was promised for this year... If it's not going to happen cut out the crap with the super large exclusive junk.... Stop putting anything decent in the housing crown store.... We WILL support you ZOS but you ARE PUSHING IT NOW.... I am not some whiney kid....

Unhappy long time player, who does love this game..... ALL aspects of it... and while the chapters are lovely... The core game is falling apart.. You're long term and most loyal players are losing the faith....

I don't want free stuff BTW... SO, Don't flame me if you don't like what I have to say.
    Was PS4pro - 4k @ Launch / 2022 Xbox X started all over!
    / DC only / PVE, PvP, All Crafting, Housing
    Vampires Rule
    Fav Weapon - Blade of Woe and Thief of everything!
    ESO Live Watcher, Patch Note Reader, Console Launch

• Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My island has been out of room forever mainly because of plants. I wish I had more room!
  • Woefulmonkey
    Woefulmonkey
    ✭✭✭
    @Mz_Jo

Just because you 'want' something does not make it 'ease' or even 'possible' to achieve.

If a child asked you to grab moon from the sky so they could have a closer look, does that become more possible the more they 'want' you to do it or the longer you spend trying to do it?

I just placed a post explaining the core of this issue and why it is very difficult to solve when you allow player to place objects anywhere they want.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/420541/explaining-the-house-slot-problem-and-why-it-is-difficult-to-solve#latest

I also have a post that explains how Zos might be able to increase slot counts, even though I don't think either solution is really what players would want if they actually got it.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/418234/examples-of-how-zos-can-increase-house-furniture-slots#latest

I am not saying you should stop asking for 'more' slots, just that you should acknowledge it is not 'simple' or that they 'can' do it just because it has been over a year since houses were released

Additionally you should consider 'other' solution to the core problem payers are having (which is the difficulty in creating truly custom structures in their house) instead of just screaming 'more slots'. That is not the 'only' solution it is just the most 'obvious' solution if you disregarded any all other performance concerns.

Halo released a 'level' editor back in halo 3. Almost as soon as they did so the community began screaming for 'more object' (although they did not limit counts directly they did so based on resource costs).

You know how they 'solved' that issue?

Not by giving players more slots, but by giving them more 'complete' object types that allowed them to build bases out of large segmented parts of various types and styles. And that took them until halo 5 was released.
    Edited by Woefulmonkey on June 19, 2018 9:37PM