The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Problems With and Improvements to Pledge of Mara

MyrddinEmrys
MyrddinEmrys
✭✭✭
My wife and I play ESO together, and we both recently became ESO+ members. Having some crowns to spend from the stipend, we thought we would get the pledge of Mara, since we are always playing together.

Problem: In the crown store, the description text says that the pledge of Mara binds 2 characters together so that they get extra XP while playing together (That is it, no mention of required Items) -- However when you actually buy the pledge of Mara and go to use it, the text on the screen says it gives you each a ring which you must wear to get the XP bonus. THIS IS EXTREMELY MISLEADING! We would not have spent the crowns on this if we had known before hand that it would require sacrificing a ring slot. We do dungeons and trials together and simply can not afford to sacrifice set bonuses for that. ZOS you need to make it so that the pledge does not require rings, as you do not indicate such anywhere until you have already spent crowns on the item.

Request for improvement: My wife likes to play many different characters, while I have only a single character. I would like to be able to get the XP bonus whenever I play with any of her characters but as far as I understand it the current pledge only bind one character to another, and cannot be changed. Can we change the pledge to bind 2 ACCOUNTS instead, so that people in my case can benefit from it?

Thanks.
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm all for changing it to not having to wear the ring, but I think it should be character bound, not account. Your characters are getting married, not your accounts.
    PC/EU DC
  • MyrddinEmrys
    MyrddinEmrys
    ✭✭✭
    @Typhoios What about a different item then? How about a "Soul-Pledge" that binds 2 accounts. It could prevent you from marrying another character but any players on those 2 accounts get the XP bonus. Maybe make it 2k crowns instead of 1k? I just want an option where I can get an XP bonus playing with my wife, but don't have to worry about what character she decides to play today.

As far as the rings are concerned - I really want a a refund for the 1k crowns I spent on it... I haven't even used it because the rings just make it worthless... Its just gonna sit in my bank until they fix it to be honest about what it is and how it works....
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I get it. Playing with an altoholic can be troublesome for the Mara buff. I'd be fine with some account thing. I would have used it in the past with a friend I played constantly with.

The mara buff was fine before CP and before Vet ranks. When it was implemented I think it was seen as a buff getting from 1 - 50, which used to take longer than it does now because we didn't have xp pots and such. Going 1-50 you could sacrifice a ring slot because you didn't really need to maximize set bonuses. It is a relic of the past that needs updated.
    PC/EU DC
  • MyrddinEmrys
    MyrddinEmrys
    ✭✭✭
    How often does ZOS actually read these ideas and make improvements?
  • MyrddinEmrys
    MyrddinEmrys
    ✭✭✭
    Its been almost half a year. ZOS you really owe the community a response on your misleading description...
  • ZOS_KatP
    ZOS_KatP
    ✭✭✭
    Hi there,

Since you've created a more recent thread for this topic, we've decided to close this one. Please continue the discussion here.

Thanks!
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.