The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Problems after system restore using Windows 10

Rilos
Rilos
Recently I restored my computer to an earlier state. When I logged back in, the ESO launcher had to be reinstalled and all of my files were still there.

I launched the application, clicked play and nothing happened. I tired various ways of making the game launch, such as reinstalling the runtime, reinstalling directx.

I even tried uninstalling the game from the control panel and installing it from nothing, but every time I try to uninstall, the old files are still on my machine and the game won't launch.

• Rilos
    Rilos
    Okay, I figured it out.

I uninstalled the game again and this time, chose a different place to install.

The installation directory was set at my cloud drive and I needed to change the location of where I reinstalled it.

I decided to install it on steam anyway, because it's more easy to manage.
  • Rilos
    Rilos
    Also, I needed to go and uninstall it from the APP list and not the control panel. At least I think that's what finally uninstalled it.