The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Anyone crashing a LOT since new life started?

Raideen
Raideen
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I have been crashing quite a bit to desktop since newlife started, same with my girlfriend. We have different machines, different GC's (I am NVidia, she is AMD).

Sometimes I crash just riding my mount, sometimes its when I use a spell, most of the time the crashes are NOT around heavy combat areas (like dolems).

Just curious if others are having this issue. I cant recall ever crashing as often as I am in an MMO.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not me, I've been working fine so far.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • wlb
    wlb
    ✭✭
    oh yes yes, since the last patch i have been crashing relentlessly over and over, only game i play that this has been occurring, it's becoming unplayable
  • Vulsahdaal
    Vulsahdaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, been crashing a bit on all characters since the last patch and like you, its almost never in a combat or crowded situation. It may be just a coincidence, but I noticed since I disabled MM and AG (not needed, since Im mainly doing New Life runs right now) I almost never crash now. Like I said, could be just a coincidence, but maybe try playing with addons disabled and see if it helps?
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Been crashing a ton since clockwork city. Now I can't go more than 10 min w/o a crash. standing. checking mail. walking.

this is aside from serious lag when the bank has more than 4 people in it. '

and I seriously doubt it's my top-of-the-line built-for-gaming freakishly expensive computer specially built for gaming that runs everything else pretty fine.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crashed in VMA a couple times
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's been fairly unstable since CWC for me.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had two crashes, non the first day who should be most populated, two later who is very high one crash in a month is much for me. One even had an 3-5 minutes rollback who is unknown.
    My guess its to much zone jumping, players jump to zone do the 5 minute quest and jump back.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've had quite a few crashes when teleporting around with the wayshrines doing New Life quests. But I think it might have something to do with trying to move around too quickly after zoning into a densely populated area. I seem to have fewer problems if I pause for just a few seconds or so after I'm out of the loading screen.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glurin wrote: »
    I've had quite a few crashes when teleporting around with the wayshrines doing New Life quests. But I think it might have something to do with trying to move around too quickly after zoning into a densely populated area. I seem to have fewer problems if I pause for just a few seconds or so after I'm out of the loading screen.

Same
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah but after I turn off Roomba...it seemed to resolve itself...or so I hope. On other hand I know more than handful people having such issues.
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crashed several times since New Life began, almost never did that before, and yes - often right or a few moments after porting.
    I'm blaming rapidly hopping around heavily crowded areas, at the moment, and hope it'll be back to normal after the event.
  • TheMage
    TheMage
    Varana wrote: »
    Crashed several times since New Life began, almost never did that before

The same
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had no problems on PC EU before or during New Life. Breda takes a moment to appear, otherwise it all runs very smoothly.
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I posted yesterday on this that I crashed once in vma but right after that I crashed twice just openworld questing
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • boombazookajd
    boombazookajd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    XB1 NA. I got booted back to the main screen (the one with the news and patch notes) at least once each day at peak hours. Elden Root was particularly troublesome with long load screens and a few disconnects. I always expect performance issues in Elden Root due to the large crowds and such.

Not sure what other info ZoS needs for feedback. If I'm missing something let me know.
    Drathus Delenu- Dunmer magDk: Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Stormproof, Peak Scaler, Clockwork Confounder, Orderly, Master Wizard, Cloudrest Hero, Undaunted, Dragonstar Arena Champion
    Thoronir Rolston- Breton petsorc: Stormproof
    Zaakazha-Redguard stamblade: Boethia's Scythe, Clockwork Confounder, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Dragonstar Arena Champion

Scrubs:
    Justinius Maximus Decimus- Altmer magblade
    Agronak gro'Mashul- Orc DK Tank
    Valerya Hawkcroft- Breton healer
    Zaaka- Imperial stamDK/crafter

✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, at least twice a day now.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Cendrillion21
    Cendrillion21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crashing once or twice a night since the festival launched, usually at a load screen. Hoping it will revert to normal once the festival is over.
    Campos de oro
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glurin wrote: »

That has happened to me twice now. I'll try pausing once I teleport as I was rushing off or trying to mount the minute I zoned in.

Lag is to be expected though with these events as server population gets skewed. It's like everyone running to one side of a ship and throwing it off balance.

• Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Crashed a couple times Saturday.
    One was just a crash.
    One was the situation where you use a wayshrine and only the sounds load and nothing else.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep getting this disconnected problem…but its just my stupid Modem dropping connection every 90 minutes or so.
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
  • Fleshreaper
    Fleshreaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been crashing a lot sense Morrowind. From the last patch until yesterday, I have spent it, repairing the client and downloading, like 2 and 3 times a day. And I finally got in yesterday, for 30 minutes.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    not even once, but I can see increase in latency, as more players are playing and more are concentrated in the places where the festival quests take place
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't "crash" while playing. I do, however, crash to desktop whenever I quit the game. It may have something to do with the memory flush when the game closes. I'll stay at the "black screen" forever. When I ctrl-alt-del to bring up the task manager, I see the Game crash window on the desktop.
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game has been crashing a lot lately, at least once or twice per day. I've also been getting really long loading screens that sometimes get stuck and have to close the program. I think it started before the event though, not sure when exactly. Most of the time when it crashes there is really nothing intense going on, like I'll be doing inventory management or swapping characters or something. I'm not playing on a potato either - i7 6700k, GeForce GTX 1080, 32GB RAM, game installed on 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD and Windows on 512GB Samsung 950 PRO M2 NVMe. Windows and drivers are up-to-date as well.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    N00BxV1 wrote: »
    The game has been crashing a lot lately, at least once or twice per day. I've also been getting really long loading screens that sometimes get stuck and have to close the program. I think it started before the event though, not sure when exactly. Most of the time when it crashes there is really nothing intense going on, like I'll be doing inventory management or swapping characters or something. I'm not playing on a potato either - i7 6700k, GeForce GTX 1080, 32GB RAM, game installed on 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD and Windows on 512GB Samsung 950 PRO M2 NVMe. Windows and drivers are up-to-date as well.

I am having the exact same issues. Loading screens are sometimes so long with no indication that the game has frozen that I just have to force close the client and restart it. My game has crashed when doing simple tasks as well. My machine is similar to yours but a bit older. 4790k, GTX 980, 32g ram at 1920x1200, game is on an intel SSD with my other games.

• Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crashing more than usual, yes.

particularly in the vicinity of the kynesgrove wayshrine.
  • playerkiller247
    playerkiller247
    ✭✭✭
    Yup, game crashed like 8 times on me today!
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    New life? No.

I've been crashing usually on logoff/quit since CWC.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • mikey_reach
    mikey_reach
    ✭✭✭
    Its weird other than the perma load screens since november i probably disconected about 5 times tops
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the only time iv crashed during the festival was while running my connection over a vpn. it wouldnt take long to crash, but many hours without the vpn have been crash free.