The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Will it be added anytime soon?

Wysguy99
Wysguy99
✭✭
Does anyone know if storage containers to store items(limited spaces in them or otherwise) are being added?
Or functioning courtyard farms like Skyrim to grow crops/ ingredients you plant?
Edited by Wysguy99 on December 12, 2017 2:22AM

Best Answer

• davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt we will see storage in houses. They haven’t really gone that direction with homesteading. I could see maybe armor dummies that can hold gear configurations...but still use slots from the bank for the items on the dummies. An issue with storage is that the economy depends on players needing to sell stuff. And if they do offer storage, I might expect them to continue the bank algorithm and charge 70k+ per 10 slots. But I don’t think they’re looking at making houses about more storage slots...they could do that by simply expanding bank capacity.

There have been some rumors that they want to go in the direction of npcs for homes. But their stated priority is more slots if,possible...furniture slots, not storage.
  • Wraithscream
    Wraithscream
    ✭✭✭
    I need about 100 more furnishing spots for most of the bigger homes. People have been saying it for months but still zero communication from mods.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Powerful clickbait, this one. Speacillay for something that has already been discussed lot of times...
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :( thought this was a Cadwell Mount thread.

disapointment.gif
  • opallithia
    opallithia
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think storage will be something we see in player homes. Buying more inventory space is a big thing in MMOs, and it's true, hoarding everything would not be good for the game's economy. Home storage works for single player TES games but it isn't very MMO-friendly, so I wouldn't hold your breath. It may seem counterintuitive to houses, and in some ways it is, but any storage in homes would have to be attached to our overall bank account somehow, or maybe there's a "home storage" we would have to upgrade over time like we do with horses.