The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Two questions about starting to use the PTS

xScOdE
xScOdE
✭✭✭
1.) Is PTS available inside the Steam version?
2.) Do I need a "big" version of TESO or is it enough when I buy the small (and cheap) version?

I play TESO on PS4 and just want to buy it for my Laptop to get inside the PTS.
IT-Nerd, Teilzeit-Gamer, Anime-Fan & Familienvater

Best Answer

• Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TES PTS works fine through steam, although I use the launcher and steam.

The base game is all you need, then you can upgrade it inside the PTS to get the DLC (which is 1 crown on the PTS) you will have to do this every couple of weeks when the character reset. No morrowind though (can't test battlegrounds changes).

Oh btw the characters constantly reset so don't get attached, best to make templates to set things.
    Answer ✓
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure about Steam & PTS. If Steam doesn't launch the game directly and brings up the launcher than yes it would work (just install via launcher settings).

Any version of the game gives you PTS, but I don't know if you have open Expansion (Morrowind) access without purchase of it.

You can normally find retail boxed version of the base TES game £10 these days if you're looking for cheap PC access to PTS.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • xScOdE
    xScOdE
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot to mention that the laptop is a MacBook.
  • xScOdE
    xScOdE
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the answer Narvuntien. I don't care if the character gets reset every couple weeks. I play on PS4. PTS is just to see and test the new stuff. :)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since you will be new to the PTS, when you load a template, you also get lots of containers full of set gear. Some of these containers have containers inside of them, and I think sometimes there might even be a container inside of that. What you don't want to do is start opening containers and taking things out willy nilly, you will fill up your bag space quick.

Also, you get a Bunch of Crowns, so buy bag/bank spaces to help with what I described above, and riding lessons so your travels will happen easier.

I typically spend about 20 to 25 minutes setting up a character on each PTS, and this is after I realized that I don't have to make them look good, I just randomize once on appearance and get going.

Also, keep in mind that the PTS is a separate install from the Live game. I don't think you have to have the game installed to install the PTS, but you do need the PC Account.
    Edited by Nestor on December 7, 2017 8:38PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• RodneyRegis
    RodneyRegis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hijack, but seems a sensible thread to jump on.

I just installed the PTS and see it's on na at the moment, which I don't use. I understand it changes to run in a couple of weeks, but what happens after that? What characters do you play? Do you have a separate set of "PTS" ALTs?
  • RodneyRegis
    RodneyRegis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And is there a comprehensive PTS guide anywhere?