Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templar Healer Gear?

One_ofMany
One_ofMany
✭✭✭
I'm level 38 ATM I mainly heal in PVE instances what gear should I be looking to get as I near the 45 and 50 milestones so I can do VET and Trials?
I am new so please explain where the item drops and WHY I should go after it.
If it's crafted then I'm guaranteed not to be able to afford it. :) So it needs to be looted.
Thanks!
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some thoughts:
    • It's not worth the time to invest in serious gear until you're CP 160.
    • If you really want to go with all dropped gear, then you'll have to be patient until you get appropriate weapons.
    • Mother's Sorrow is an appealing set for healers, since it gives crit, which boosts both damage and healing. Even better, there's an easy pair of quests that gives a good-trait lightning staff as a reward. Google on "Argonian Muck Minder" for the details. Then all you have to worry about is getting a restoration staff, and restoration staffs of Mother's Sorrow are pretty cheap in guild stores.
    • If you do random daily dungeons, you should eventually be able to put a set of Willpower jewelry together. 5 pieces of Mothers Sorrow, 3 Willpower, and 3 of almost any other magicka set are a reasonable combination.

Or you can go straight to the dungeon sets.
    • One classic healer set is Worm Cult, which drops in Vaults of Madness, which is a pretty easy dungeon.
    • Sanctuary is an OK healer set , even if not great, and it drops in Banished Cells. Banished Cells 1 is the easiest dungeon of all.
  • Illurian
    Illurian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically what @FrancisCrawford said. Don't bother farming gear until you hit cp 160.

The staple set on any healer is Spell Power Cure (SPC). You can farm this from White Gold Tower.

The second set that pairs with SPC is quite variable, with multiple viable choices. The most common/popular choice is SPC + Worm's Cult. Another notable set to combine with SPC is Kagrenac's.
    Edited by Illurian on November 27, 2017 3:19AM
    Kiss the chaos.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SPC is by far and away BIS for healers.

Worm's cult is very strong for trials... but a lot less useful for dungeons because it scales to more people better.

Sanctuary and Healer's Habit increase your healing power and Twilight remedy is also very good.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    SPC is by far and away BIS for healers.

Worm's cult is very strong for trials... but a lot less useful for dungeons because it scales to more people better.

Sanctuary and Healer's Habit increase your healing power and Twilight remedy is also very good.

My point was that Sanctuary and Worm Cult drop from much easier dungeons than SPC.

I've only begun to farm SPC. I wear 5 Worm Cult when I do.

• Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Level 50 isn't end game, 160 cp is. Zero point farming gear properly until then.

When you're 160 cp get SPC first, try and run it on normal with guildies.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Every good PvE healer setup is built around Spell Power Cure (drops in Whitegold Tower). You then combine this set with another 5 piece and in some setups a undaunted set depending on what you want to do. The easiest to get and also often most effective combination is Spell Power Cure and Worm Cult (drops in Vaults of Madness). You can get both sets at any level however I would recommend only farming them once you reached level 50 and 160 Championpoints as you then get the highest level gear and it's worth keeping and upgrading. Instead of Worm you can also use Masterarchitect, Mending or Twilights Remedy, but those are all far harder to get.

All those setups are good because they give strong group support, which is one of your main goals as a healer. It might seem strange a first that healers use sets that don't actually heal, but healing is never really a issue and support has just proven to be more effective. Generally you wan't to push your groups damage and resource management as much as possible.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Nemesis626
    Nemesis626
    ✭✭
    SPC is definitely a staple. You can have 100% on that buff but it only applies to 6 people so both healers need to be wearing it in a trial to cover everyone. After that it's all about complimenting your co-healer. Yes, it is tougher to get SPC but you don't NEED to have it in jewelry either so you could farm it on normal if you need to pug.

Sets I keep in my healing closet are Worm (out of Vaults of Madness) and Mending (Aetherian Archive). 90% - 100% up-time on both these buffs. Twilight Remedy looks great on paper, but the up-time isn't great. Master Architect is the same. Looks great, but since we don't have a cheap ulti it's not really as great for us. I'm not giving up Aggressive Warhorn for the resto ulti. Also, getting the gold jewelry much more difficult compared to Mending or even Worm. Sometimes, the Golden sells Worm during the weekend. Keep your eyes open! ;)

Healers have a great selection of single set Resto staves; Maelstrom (vMA), Master (vDSA) and now Asylum. Master is still my favorite because of the refund on Stamina.

On back bar I like to use a lightening staff to help keep stuff off-balanced. Charged is the best trait for this. If you can get your hands on a vMA lightening staff, that's BiS, but ANY charged lightening staff will do as a place holder. An SPC lightening drops pretty consistently in WGT on last boss.

For crafted placeholders, I recommend seducer. It's easy to craft and helps with resource management.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    By the way the sets mentioned in the last two posts are really only suitable for trials. In a dungeon you should run a 5 piece dps set like War Maiden or Julianos.

Overhealing is both bad and easy to do. Add sweeps or jesus beam to your front bar and use whenever all your group buffs are up.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »
    By the way the sets mentioned in the last two posts are really only suitable for trials. In a dungeon you should run a 5 piece dps set like War Maiden or Julianos.

Overhealing is both bad and easy to do. Add sweeps or jesus beam to your front bar and use whenever all your group buffs are up.

By the numbers Spell Power Cure looks good for any group size greater than 1.

Also, a newbie healer isn't going to contribute that much to group DPS. I've parsed at 10%. Adding the Julianos benefit while sacrificing nothing (which isn't realistic) would only take that up to 10.5%. Big deal. Even if you're contributing 20-30% of DPS, multiplying that by 1.05 is not important in most dungeon runs.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Add sweeps or jesus beam to your front bar and use whenever all your group buffs are up.

Are you suggesting using Jesus Beam even when the target's health exceeds, say, 50%?
  • fioskal
    fioskal
    ✭✭✭
    Under CP 160 any magicka set with recovery and max magicka will be good. I've used Kagrenac's Hope, I've used Seducer, I've used Julianos, they're all decent (and craftable). Crafted gear is really pretty cheap if you're not looking for CP 160 gear - a couple thousand per set if that. TBH by the time you actually farm a full set of anything you'll have enough CP to be farming your next set of gear. If you have Willpower jewelry that's good, but can be hard to find under 160 - random picked up jewelry (as close as your level as you can find it) with magicka bonuses will work.

Others have covered 160 gear - SPC + Worm, Sanctuary, Mending, Infallible Aether, etc, etc.
    -Fiona-
    PC - NA
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    fioskal wrote: »
    Under CP 160 any magicka set with recovery and max magicka will be good. I've used Kagrenac's Hope, I've used Seducer, I've used Julianos, they're all decent (and craftable). Crafted gear is really pretty cheap if you're not looking for CP 160 gear - a couple thousand per set if that. TBH by the time you actually farm a full set of anything you'll have enough CP to be farming your next set of gear. If you have Willpower jewelry that's good, but can be hard to find under 160 - random picked up jewelry (as close as your level as you can find it) with magicka bonuses will work.

Others have covered 160 gear - SPC + Worm, Sanctuary, Mending, Infallible Aether, etc, etc.

Grind dolmens in one zone -- any zone -- and you can get matching jewelry with set bonuses. Keep both the magicka and the stamina sets. Reuse them for future characters.
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BiS is 1 healer in Spell Power Cure and Worm cult, the other healer in Spell Power Cure and Mending. Twilight used to be BiS, but was replaced by Worm when resource mangle to got hit with Morrowind release
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

SPC is always good, Worm is always good if there are mag DPS in the group, Mending is always good. Twilight is really the only one not worth running in 4 man content.

SPC by definition requires over healing
    Edited by Maura_Neysa on November 28, 2017 8:53PM
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• Gargis
    Gargis
    ✭✭✭
    Pre CP 160: Go with Kagernacs(5) and Torgus.

At CP 160 make the same above set and wear willpower jewlery, all arcane. Then farmarm Spell Power Cure neck, ring x2, head, and shoulder. The Kag(5) and SPC(5) is a good 4 man dungeon set up.

If interested in raids, go farm worms to wear with SPC. Note: your health will be quite low, so you will need to farm tri stat glyphs and put on chest, legs, and healm. Make sure that those 3 peices are infused so you get the more health and magica.
  • raj72616a
    raj72616a
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    join a guild and get someone to craft you full set law of julianos in training trait and worry about gear later
  • Nemesis626
    Nemesis626
    ✭✭

SPC/Worm/Mending do not over-heal. They boost damage or help group sustain or mitigate incoming damage. If anything, they help prevent having to spam heals. Bar set up, on the other hand, is another matter entirely. Any healer worth their CP will adjust their SKILLS for the content.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorry I wasn't very clear, SPC is a must of course but Worms/Mending/Twilight/Sanctuary are all pointless in dungeons. Your second set should be a dps set. Use a spammable to contribute to the group dps.

Otherwise you end up in a situation where everybody is at full/near full health, fully buffed and has hots running. At that point you should be dpsing or you're not contributing as much as you could. By dpsing I do mean more than shards and wall of elements.

Too many healers are told they need worms, its bad advice outside of trials.
  • One_ofMany
    One_ofMany
    ✭✭✭
    I just hit 48 and I tried doing a few of the Undaunted dailys. I kept getting one shot killed and my mana could not keep up with the damage the party was taking, enough times that it was annoying. It was pretty bad. I haven't really delved too far into passives. I'm a high elf. Anything that can help me in either category?

Is it worth Farming a set at my level?
  • Illurian
    Illurian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One_ofMany wrote: »
    I just hit 48 and I tried doing a few of the Undaunted dailys. I kept getting one shot killed and my mana could not keep up with the damage the party was taking, enough times that it was annoying. It was pretty bad. I haven't really delved too far into passives. I'm a high elf. Anything that can help me in either category?

Is it worth Farming a set at my level?

No, it is not worth it to farm a set at your level.

If you are only spamming Breath of Life, then it makes sense that your magicka depletes quickly. Instead, try using Healing Springs (first skill of the restoration staff tree). It'll provide steady, reliable heals while also being easy on your magicka. It stacks with itself, so go ahead and cast one on top of the other.

Passives are extremely important. Practically all of your racial passives are essential for healing (minus the final one that increases the damage you deal), and all of the restoration passives are useful as well.

Make sure to weave in heavy attacks with your restoration staff here and there, so that you keep your magicka up.

If you are still struggling with magicka management, have a guildmate craft a set of seducer gear for you. That helps immensely with new players to manage their magicka.
    Kiss the chaos.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some thoughts:
    • It's not worth the time to invest in serious gear until you're CP 160.

This is correct since CP 160 is the highest level gear. Once you hit lvl 50 it is pretty fast to hit CP160.

For trials SPC from White Gold Towers is a staple for all healers as it increases the damage the group does.

Seconds sets vary with Worm (Vaults of Madness) and Mending (Atherian Archive)being popular second sets many raid groups have their healers wear.

With the above you would be in good shape.

Some of the other second sets are Sanctuary (Banished Cells) and Twilight Remedy (Maw of Lorkhaj)

Best is having a Master Resto stave but until then you can use any stave. If using a stave with the set bonus of any of the other sets you can equip one piece of a monster helm (best to use heavy armor for this piece) to give you some extra resistance and health (always put 2 points into heavy armor Jugernaut passive for more health).

You an farm any of the gear in normal versions. Easy to upgrade the blue to purple except for rings.

For just running 4 man dungeons almost anything is fine.
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just craft some seducers!