Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dunmer StamBlade help

Sparr0w
Sparr0w
✭✭✭✭✭
My first char was a Dunmer StamBlade Vampire, which has been fine for most solo/group content up until end game, but even with the high DPS on single and multi target, I'm really struggling with most things due to low health/resistance.

I'm currently running DW/Bow setup with full medium armour and have maxed out those skill lines, but unfortunately haven't really touched anything else (2H/1HS/Staffs etc...) & all my points are in stamina.

Basically I'm wondering if anyone can recommend anything to reduce how 'squishy' my character is, without having to spend on race/class changes from the store & without dropping DPS too much as I mainly run solo.

Ideally would want to stick Stam/DW/BOW & not move to Mag/Staff as I'd have to level up all of those skill lines from scratch, but if thats the only path I'll take it.

Thanks in advance :smile:
@Sparr0w so I get the notification
Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
DD: All Mag + Stam
Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
Tank: NB | DK | Warden
Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
Heal: Templar | Sorc
Tank: DK | NB
Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since you're talking about endgame, let me say that Dunmer is a magicka race, and sub-optimal for a stamina character. It's not the end of the world, but Dunmer's passives are mostly increasing magicka and spell damage, and only a little stamina.

As for squishy, well, stamblades are squishy. :) You can reach the usual 17k health with the right buff food, but as a medium armor DD, you just have to live with low resistance. You're not a tank. And as a stamina DD you don't want to use 1HS or staves. 2H is possible but not optimal for good DPS as a DD.

All you can do is get self-heals in form of Vigor, Killer's Blade, Refreshing Path, Blood Craze and Bloodthirst.

EDIT: Just noticed your remark about "mostly running solo". What solo content exactly are you doing, and where are you struggling? If you have a little self-heal, overland solo content and quests should be no problem, since stuff dies so fast it can barely damage you.

Edited by Loc2262 on November 30, 2017 2:10PM
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reply.

Yup unfortunately, initially picked Dunmer due to the increased XP for DW skill line & Vampire due to the passive always being active without needing to slot anything & the dunmer passive canceling out the increased fire damage.

I'll have a look into re-morphing some skills for healing rather than damage as I think it's needed... & I mentioned staves as if I changed over to Magica NB I'd want to go destro staff no?

As for running solo I'm talking about solo/small groups in dungeons, world bosses etc... usually there'll be one or two other randoms but I find myself dying wayyy too much - over on my Khajiit StamBlade (same setup but Warewolf) I'm fine soloing most things, granted Dunmer's have 20% less health regen + the drop from being Vamp but it's really noticable.

Think it would be best to scrap stam & move to magica now, or try assigning some points to health over stamina (& cp into health regen) & run more healing skills first?
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Sparrow,
    I had this issue for years, my first NB, being Dunmer and I wanted her to be a bow and daggers type. As you find out, that doesn´t goes very well.
    I changed my toon to a magblade and that rocks!

To start look into this (if you want your toon to do well):
    http://deltiasgaming.com/eso-magic-nightblade-dps-build/#Solo
    build by Gilliam the Rogue. And when you feel comfortable you can go and twink it more fitting to your playstyle and preferences.
    Don´t forget to read the passage concerning being a vamp!
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you still want to stick with your stamblade just go into PVP to unlock the vigor skill. You will hardly ever die with that and blade cloak if your healer is even reasonably competent. Most content you wont even need a healer with those skills.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for that @Azurya - Leveling up destro staves is going to be a grind but from the sounds of it will be worth it in the long run :smile:

@Apache_Kid Cheers for that suggestion, like how its a Stamina healing skill, will try that out on my Khajiit StamBlade should that get the same later on :smile:
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sparr0w wrote: »
    Thanks for that @Azurya - Leveling up destro staves is going to be a grind but from the sounds of it will be worth it in the long run :smile:

@Apache_Kid Cheers for that suggestion, like how its a Stamina healing skill, will try that out on my Khajiit StamBlade should that get the same later on :smile:

I sympathize with you for sure. When i first started the game my main was a stamblade and I had problems with being squishy for the longest time. I wanted to change my class on my main so badly but wanted to keep my achievement score. Once I got vigor and blade cloak and got more familiar with the mechanics of the the more difficult content i died a lot less and now I've come pretty close to mastering the class. I think you'll like the magblade too. Nightblade is the most fun class to play in my opinion both magic and stamina.
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sparr0w wrote: »

go cyro, even if you don´t like it, cauze by handing in quests there, be sure you are on your destro bar, so lvl fast and easy peasy

btw giliam has a nice stamblade too, with tons of tips, how to make it work:
    http://deltiasgaming.com/eso-stamina-nightblade-dps-build/#Solo
    and to be honest I have an EP NB running this setup^^
    Edited by Azurya on November 30, 2017 4:33PM
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Race doesn't matter that much actually. But if you want more survivability you can simply reset your attributes and morphs and go magicka. Level staff skill lines. It takes only a few hours of dolmen grind during an event. Magicka NB has really good heals and is much better for solo. The trouble with those healing skills on a stamina char is they don't do much since they are magicka based, and scale off maximum magicka and spell damage, not max stamina and weapon damage.
    Edited by Asardes on November 30, 2017 4:37PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Decided to go Magic on this char, got 3 others which are stam anyway.

Will take a while to adapt my play style from close quarters to semi-ranged & learning what each skill does and how to rotate them - but seems like it will be a fun journey.

Thanks for all the help so far guys
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree on a good choice, I personally like variety a lot. I play stam and magicka, different classes, all three roles, do group and solo content, action-laden and serene stuff. :)
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP