Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

EPs new disgusting tactic

DarkAedin
DarkAedin
✭✭✭✭✭
Pc/na
They now are purposefully sneaking in keeps to reflip it once everyone leaves. From the inside. Flags first and while on flags, shoot door. This is disgusting.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do realize every single faction has had players who have done this all the way back since beta, yes?
    rolleyes.gif
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If a means has been found to enter the keep without taking down walls the bug/exploit should be reported.

If they never left the keep because the other alliance did a poor job clearing out the keep the to bad.

BTW, I've stayed behind, inside, after a keep flipped. I want just inside the outer walls but actually inside the inner walls. Some are just to lazy to check for anyone who has stayed behind.
    Edited by idk on November 29, 2017 9:40PM
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is nothing new, and why it's important to do the rounds after taking a keep with magelight/detect pots/what have you. Gotta make sure that stuff is secure.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hang on. So how do they get into the keep?

If they are already in the keep, then you didn't scan it properly for them, which is pretty key. So id say its a bonfire option surely if you just shored up the walls and doors and ran off.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can honestly say that I've done an "inside job" of Kingscrest multiple times.

How? Just before the keep flips, I slip in a postern and go into stealth upstairs.

Once empty, you clear the front flag, ballista the door (or ram it if you have 3 players inside) until the keep flags and then just finish clearing NPCs and flip each flag.

There was one time where a certain guild that needs morale boosts was defending the courtyard against an EP raid trying to retake it and we flipped the flags while they were still defending the courtyard, since the keep was flagged. They suddenly got swarmed by guards in the courtyard and oiled from the third floor as they tried to rush into the inner through a front door they could no longer activate. I lulzed.

No cheating involved, just lack of diligence in insuring the keep is empty by the attackers. It is almost exclusively done in the tri keeps as they're large enough to stealth and not have guards bother you. There are a couple spots you can do it in an Imperial keep, but they're harder.

The amount of remorse I, or any other EP has concerning this? Zero.
    Edited by Agrippa_Invisus on November 29, 2017 8:53PM
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a new tactic but after years of cyro I’m actually welcoming innovative strategies, sometimes they’re really clever
    It’s certainly not an exploit
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    If they are already in the keep, then you didn't scan it properly for them, which is pretty key.
    There are quite a few good hiding spots that most players usually miss when doing a "sweep". You can easily hide 6+ players inside if you know where to hide.
    shades.gif
  • Lady_Scorp72
    Lady_Scorp72
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m no fan of EP, but seems like a pretty standard warfare tactic to me, and it’s smart. If my team fails to sweep the keep after flipping it, or doesn’t have enough players to have a few stay and guard for a bit, then good on EP for taking advantage of it. I dunno, I guess I just don’t see how it’s an issue when every team does it at some point.
    Bosmer Warden, backstabbing Thief and Mischief Maker

“You’re as stealthy as a Mammoth on tip-toes.”
    — NPC, The Rift
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The OP is talking about me, a friend and a third person we did not know. We came in unstealthed and entered the keep when blue was on the flags but before they had flipped. We waited til blue cleared out, then took our home keep back.

That's all that happened here. Nothing new. Nothing nefarious.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cavedog wrote: »
    The OP is talking about me, a friend and a third person we did not know. We came in unstealthed and entered the keep when blue was on the flags but before they had flipped. We waited til blue cleared out, then took our home keep back.

Good job. :)

This complaint thread definitely falls into the 'your inability to play smart is not my problem' when it comes to EP's reaction to this.
    Edited by Agrippa_Invisus on November 29, 2017 8:57PM
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cavedog wrote: »

Good job. :)

This complaint thread definitely falls into the 'your inability to play smart is not my problem' when it comes to EP's reaction to this.

There was close to a full raid of blue, and not one of them came up to the 3rd floor to look for anyone. They didn't even look. ....as the OP can likely attest to. I'm not sure if they were part of the original raid that took the keep or not. He may have been one of the few that trickled in as we were flipping the flags back to their rightful color.
    Edited by Cavedog on November 29, 2017 9:03PM
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    If they are already in the keep, then you didn't scan it properly for them, which is pretty key.
    There are quite a few good hiding spots that most players usually miss when doing a "sweep". You can easily hide 6+ players inside if you know where to hide.
    shades.gif
    We fondly refer to each of these players as d***s in a box.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can honestly say that I've done an "inside job" of Kingscrest multiple times.

How? Just before the keep flips, I slip in a postern and go into stealth upstairs.

Once empty, you clear the front flag, ballista the door (or ram it if you have 3 players inside) until the keep flags and then just finish clearing NPCs and flip each flag.

There was one time where a certain guild that needs morale boosts was defending the courtyard against an EP raid trying to retake it and we flipped the flags while they were still defending the courtyard, since the keep was flagged. They suddenly got swarmed by guards in the courtyard and oiled from the third floor as they tried to rush into the inner through a front door they could no longer activate. I lulzed.

No cheating involved, just lack of diligence in insuring the keep is empty by the attackers. It is almost exclusively done in the tri keeps as they're large enough to stealth and not have guards bother you. There are a couple spots you can do it in an Imperial keep, but they're harder.

The amount of remorse I, or any other EP has concerning this? Zero.

I did something similar at KC once. Stealthed out above the main door right after the keep flipped and rained coldfire down on enemy defenders when they attempted to break our siege line. So much fun.
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep sweepers are very underrated
    Mage light and mark them
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DarkAedin wrote: »
    Pc/na
    They now are purposefully sneaking in keeps to reflip it once everyone leaves. From the inside. Flags first and while on flags, shoot door. This is disgusting.

The title got me excited but sadly this tactic is more of a clever kind. There is not much you can do but blame your own players if they leave enemies alive inside the keep. Tried this few times and sometimes you are lucky enough to flip 2 flags before outnumbered. Yet it is rare.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One day my group and I were taking a yellow keep that had our scrolls. We were a long way away from home and didn't think we would make it. So we let a random grab the scroll while we all hid upstairs. The random got killed and the group of yellow came back to the same keep because they had no where else to put it.

So we waited. They took the keep and put the scroll back down.

We waited some more until the keep was empty. We then cleared all the flags. Grabbed the scroll and didn't flag the keep. Instead we held the scroll at the transit shrine. As the yellow came in we killed them. We must have killed 40+ people before we were overwhelmed.

It was some of the most fun I've had in a while
    Edited by Koolio on November 29, 2017 9:10PM
  • Lady_Scorp72
    Lady_Scorp72
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dunno, I always thought the unwritten rule of Cyrodiil was “Expect the unexpected or perish (but you’ll probably perish anyway)”. :p
    Bosmer Warden, backstabbing Thief and Mischief Maker

“You’re as stealthy as a Mammoth on tip-toes.”
    — NPC, The Rift
  • Rainraven
    Rainraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    shades.gif

Tease.
  • RABIDxWOLVERINE
    RABIDxWOLVERINE
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like good strategy not a disgusting tactic. You are clearly just mad that you lost the keep...
    Rhaegar Gregorson, The Ebonheart Centurion - Imperial Dragonknight
    RABIDxWOLVERINE - Xbox One, NA, Ebonheart Pact

Loreseekers

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ....new in 2014 maybe.

Everybody does this, it's just rare for it to actually work.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ?

This is standard EP/DC coordination. EP tells DC to go siege X keep for them, DC obliges, EP goes in and flips X keep. This is why EP keeps winning campaigns because DC does our dirty work and then let's us take the points.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Operation Happy Birthday has been a green-lit mission since beta.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Nogawd
    Nogawd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have done this from the Wabba days. Nothing new at all.

If you don't sweep the keep after you take it, well, it's your fault.
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't u mean Operation *** in a Box
  • bmannb16_ESO
    bmannb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Pc/na

To be fair, I been able to stay hidden inside a keep we just lost and flag it for the inside. It's your fault for not securing the inner keep.
    AD Six feet under (Sorc, Templar, Dragon Knight)
    EP Six feet under (Warden, Dragon Knight, Sorc)
    EP Sometimes Salty (Nightblade)
    EP Never sees the light (Nightblade)
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pc/na

Is this the disgusting tactic you are referring to good sir?!?!
    https://youtu.be/cZxcGCzg7sQ
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can honestly say that there are times when i see a keep is under attack and so i rush to get to the battle, and i enter the door as soon as i get there, only to find the keep is switching as i enter. I think I'm entering my own keep but find the guards are hostile and the flag is not mine…i think damn i better hide. This has happened to me ore times than i care to count. But its 50/50 for me surviving that initial shock of entering hostile ground solo.
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Akinos wrote: »
    Pc/na

Those AD got rekity rekt.
  • chris211
    chris211
    ✭✭✭✭
    LMAO
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Akinos wrote: »
    Pc/na

@2:46

A dead DC! Tri-faction event!
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons