The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need help clearing vet Ruins of Mazz (PS4)

Cortimi
Cortimi
✭✭✭✭✭
I have not been able to find any players on the US server capable of clearing even the first boss. All I want is the stupid heavy helmet for my tank set. That's it. I have watched the videos of it being cleared, I have read the walkthroughs posted and feel I have an understanding of the mechanics. It is painfully obvious to me, that others have not. I have been through about six guilds trying to get this done, and it is always the same story: get told "we can try", wipe a dozen times, then be told "it can't be done, it's too hard, let's go run normal". I do not want normal, I want my helmet. Surely there are capable players on the forums that can help a tank out? PSN: Soviet-Messiah
Xbox NA: Soviet Messiah
EP: Cortimi - Imperial StamDK
EP: Melga - Orc StamDen (Dah Bear)
EP: Narileya - Nord StamPlar (Mad cuz Bad)
EP: Corvaera - Bosmer Orc StamSorc (RIP)

PS4 NA (Retired at CP835): Soviet-Messiah:
DC: Melga gra-Antilae - StamDen
AD: Corvaera - Bosmer StamSorc
Urvoth wrote: »
CP is a crutch for people who can’t sustain and want to be "tanky" so they aren’t immediately punished for making mistakes.
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately I can't help you directly, since I'm on PC, but I want to say that I'd really be surprised if there were NOT players on PS4 that are able to clear Mazzatun. On PC, for any okay experienced vet group, that dungeon on non-hard mode is challenging but no issue to clear.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Never even tried vet Mazzatun but have no doubt my tanks could manage it. Issue is finding the rest of the group capable of completing it.

I also avoid DLC vet dungeons in PUG's - rewards are not worth the pain.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my favorite dungeons. It's long, but the mechanics make it a challenge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDbizDn_KyM
    Edited by PlagueSD on November 29, 2017 7:19AM
  • Cortimi
    Cortimi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ended up clearing it with 3 DPS and self healing.

CP is a crutch for people who can’t sustain and want to be "tanky" so they aren’t immediately punished for making mistakes.
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭
    Cortimi wrote: »
    Ended up clearing it with 3 DPS and self healing.

I main a tank also (PC NA). What is your build?

Just curious, because I like the direction ESO is going with more "roles" being blended.

I ran a DLC dungeon recently and the "healer" did not use a heal staff, he was able to keep strong heals with just:

Chokethrorn monster set and either just a skill slot or maybe he had a healing 5pc set on too. But mostly he was dps-ing.

Whatever he was using, it worked fine.
  • Cortimi
    Cortimi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial DK. Used all heavy. Warrior Poet, Plague Doc, and Chudan's. Max MP recovery on jewelry with (vampire) and atronach. 50k HP, 25k Stam, 1500 magic recovery. Max resists without needing to buff. Just spam bone wall, igneous shield and green dragon blood. Igneous Weapons for the group (weapon damage morph). Chains and talons for the adds. Mist form for Chudan's spit, and also use the ranged taunt (mag morph) if I need to conserve Stam. Capped off with sword and board Ulti builder and taunt.

I know it's cheap and ugly, but it's hard to kill.