The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Trying to decide on Magicka Class

Clarebear
Clarebear
✭✭
I'm not sure if I should go for a Sorc, NB, Templar, or Warden. I am not really interested in healing except for when playing solo. I do tend to do most of my questing and such Solo. Mainly want to be DPS. Wondering some pros and cons and what will work and get me into groups as a viable character.
  • Clarebear
    Clarebear
    ✭✭
    Oh I forgot to mention I am just coming back to the game from when it first started.
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally found that magicka NB is the best overall class if you want to do both solo and group content. You have stealth (for Thieves Guild and such), multiple self-heal damage skills, a shield, and don't need a pet to do decent damage.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For me it shakes down as follows, bear in mind I’m pve only

Templar
    Healing, good defence, fair offence, can be squishy if you get the rotation wrong

Sorcerer
    Simple to use, uses crit for extra heals, great shields, heavy attack based lighting sorc with a couple of aoe skills will chew its way through almost anything, can be a bit dull

Dragon knight
    The ultimate fire mage, an aoe god but needs to be close to get its truly massive heals, can be tricky to use in some dungeons

Nightblade
    A blood mage, makes a fun off healer or tank, good mix of aoe and single target

Warden
    An average dps but can be astonishingly tough, absorb magic combined with leeching vines and you are a hard target to kill, throw in a frost staff for a fun normal dungeon tank, great for gear farming as you can get through group finder in the blink of an eye and you have a built in taunt
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im mostly PvPer so my opinions are biased by it but:

Mag sorc has one of the best AoE skills set, most mobile class in the game, hits pretty hard and have very good sustain, also its one of the best burst classes. The only con of magsorc Ive found so far is that there is no universal build that would let you to do PvE easly (soloing bosses in IC) and efectively PvP at the same time.

Magplar is pretty much universal toon, his flag skills are almost the same if it goes to PvE/PvP, very easy and boring to play.

Magblade - interesting class with big burst potential, very good cc's, its a bit harder to master than mag sorc. Less mobile than sorc but IMHO have better defensive abilities, cloak and shadowy image when used right can save you from whole raids.

Mag warden - hard to kill, good sustain, nice burst potential, lacks mobility, very wide set of skills. If you dont mind flowers everywhere it can be interesting.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im mostly PvPer so my opinions are biased by it but:

Mag sorc has one of the best AoE skills set, most mobile class in the game, hits pretty hard and have very good sustain, also its one of the best burst classes. The only con of magsorc Ive found so far is that there is no universal build that would let you to do PvE easly (soloing bosses in IC) and efectively PvP at the same time.

Magplar is pretty much universal toon, his flag skills are almost the same if it goes to PvE/PvP, very easy and boring to play.

Magblade - interesting class with big burst potential, very good cc's, its a bit harder to master than mag sorc. Less mobile than sorc but IMHO have better defensive abilities, cloak and shadowy image when used right can save you from whole raids.

Mag warden - hard to kill, good sustain, nice burst potential, lacks mobility, very wide set of skills. If you dont mind flowers everywhere it can be interesting.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Saint314Louis1985
    Saint314Louis1985
    ✭✭✭
    definitely go sorc.

it is good for any content and easy to learn.