The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

VMA is nothing but bugs

Goobly
Goobly
Soul Shriven
I've got so many clips of the 9th arena last round just bugging out. From getting hit and it slowly dragging me across the map in to an enemy attack, or just a random lava ball right before it hits the ground. Getting killed when there's nothing around on the bottom level in the arena not on the top near the dot. unresponsive button input and/or extreme delay( my connection is fine 70Mb connection with a 9ms ping )
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -Liquid lightning was putting me under the ice cap in round 5?
    -Bar swapping wasnt happening at all
    -15 second skill delay

Working as intended
  • coplannb16_ESO
    coplannb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    yep

also:
    - bash not interrupting enemies
    - heavy lightning attack not working at all (for a few seconds)
    - skills not firing (e.g. flame lash, shield,...)
    - bar swap not working
    - lag and disconnect although FPS stays >=60 and ping between 60-100
    - enemy effects not showing or showing too late, e.g. when you are dead
    - vMA plays like trying to run through when stuck in 1m deep mud
    max level: mDK, stamBlade, stamSorc, magPlar, mDen, stamDen, magBlade, stamCro
    ESO+
    # of mules: 4 (FULL)
    maxed bank: FULL -_-
    Stop the grind! Get rid of stupid events and daily-quest gallore. Get rid of "have a chance of 1 in a million to get a piece of 1 in 30 to get a stupid motif or pet... wtf..."
    And at this point just remove all classes and have everyone choose their set of skills. then balance accordingly to skills always used vs. skills never used.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well usually it's not like that for me but I did have some near unplayable runs in the past. I've found a workaround to this problem. Simply restart your client right before you enter Maelstrom, and once you log in go right there so the game ends up loading the minimum amount of zones outside the arena. Most of the glitches are in fact caused by the client having too many things loaded and causing lag. Also these days may be some server side lag due to many people accessing the arena at the same time because of the event. I've noticed that even before this runs not done at peak hours were much smoother.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • coplannb16_ESO
    coplannb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    Well usually it's not like that for me but I did have some near unplayable runs in the past. I've found a workaround to this problem. Simply restart your client right before you enter Maelstrom, and once you log in go right there so the game ends up loading the minimum amount of zones outside the arena. Most of the glitches are in fact caused by the client having too many things loaded and causing lag. Also these days may be some server side lag due to many people accessing the arena at the same time because of the event. I've noticed that even before this runs not done at peak hours were much smoother.

I agree that this might help. Still, in 2017 and running a 6 Core CPU + 16 GB DDR4 + 8 GB RAM on GPU this should not even be an issue...
    max level: mDK, stamBlade, stamSorc, magPlar, mDen, stamDen, magBlade, stamCro
    ESO+
    # of mules: 4 (FULL)
    maxed bank: FULL -_-
    Stop the grind! Get rid of stupid events and daily-quest gallore. Get rid of "have a chance of 1 in a million to get a piece of 1 in 30 to get a stupid motif or pet... wtf..."
    And at this point just remove all classes and have everyone choose their set of skills. then balance accordingly to skills always used vs. skills never used.
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gitgud issue?

Had a run on my magplar yesterday - no issues, just some lag, but I had same lag in Cyrodiil as in vMA, nothing to write home about.

PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well to add, austalian here..... One of the forgotten countries. Dont get to live next door to the server
  • INHUMANENATION
    INHUMANENATION
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely something occurring with VMA that isn't occurring in typical content for me recently. I killed one of the round 7 Trolls and when the next round started was killing trash and got desyncd and died. Checking my death recap i was surprised to see the Troll from the previous round killed me. I would like to think it's from player population in Wrothgar but thats a guess.

I suppose in Falkreath something similar occurred. During the last boss we were behind the pillars during the shout and a teammate was hanging out in no man's land. We laughed and said better get behind a pillar as they are very experienced but they said they were. Shout happened, they died. We posted a screeny in a psn and they posted a screeny. On our screen wasn't where their body was on their screen.

Hopeful todays maintenance fixes this. To Eso's credit though, most mmo's I've played had daily maintenance which was mostly just a server reset to avoid this type of stuff. If anything I don't know how they keep the server up as long as they do.
  • Goobly
    Goobly
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah, I've beaten it several times and actually walked through last night easily. This morning the button response time is absolutely horrid. Skills won't cast, register that I've cast them, or they will cast randomly 10 seconds after I've used them. This is a problem for the entire game though. Though In VMA I've been getting nuked with my shield up. I die and it says I took 15k-18k damage when I have around a 18k shield, and 17k+ health. Then when you cast it but the game refuses to acknowledge that you've cast the shield it will glitch the game and let you run around for a few seconds even though you're dead. This has been a problem for awhile. They keep adding new junk to the game, and not fixing what is already broken, and breaking the even more in the process there hasn't been once major patch they've done that hasn't broke things. Think I might just end up quitting ESO, and going to Destiny 2 I know of a few people that will leave when I do. I cap the video every time a bug/glitch happens in all the game I play so far eso has the biggest folder of vids, and pics it's about 150GB bout to edit it and post it and share it for everyone to let them know what they are getting into if they are thinking about buying this game.

I'm sick of telling support telling me I'm just unlucky, or that I'm the only one with the issue. When you can just easily google the stuff and see a bunch of people with the same issues since the games launch. They treat you like a brain dead child.