The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "Introducing the Flame Atronach Crown Crates & Giveaway Weekend"

• esp1992
    esp1992
    ✭✭✭
    TheMaster wrote: »
    Still no Dark Shaman costume? Come on, man. You’ve got the damn bear that came alongside it, but not the costume.

PLEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSSEEEEEE..........
    MY CHARACTERS

Clouse the White Warden - Breton AD MAG Warden
    Jaro the Wild Changeling - Bosmer AD STAM Warden
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this per account or per char ?
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akrasjel wrote: »
    Is this per account or per char ?

Per account
  • rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    perfect free crates weekend is great, I just needed 1 gem as I currently have only 799 so I can Get 2 mounts
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    so..

"log into the game and defeat any enemy creature such as monsters, bosses, or even enemy NPCs (critters do not count!)'

what is the difference between a monster and a critter?
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Zorvan
    Zorvan
    ✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    so..

"log into the game and defeat any enemy creature such as monsters, bosses, or even enemy NPCs (critters do not count!)'

Critters are deer, rabbits, those little guar, sheep, etc.

Anyway, it's now after 12.a.m. GMT, so i assume the event has started? I've killed a few things, no notices or popups or anything to show whether the event is actually going though.
    Edited by Zorvan on November 24, 2017 12:10AM
    I've been muted since November 2017 because of the whiny crybabies on this forum and the liberal ZOS employees coddling them.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zorvan wrote: »
    so..

Critters are deer, rabbits, those little guar, sheep, etc.

Anyway, it's now after 12.a.m. GMT, so i assume the event has started? I've killed a few things, no notices or popups or anything to show whether the event is actually going though.

There was no notice last time either. You got your kill for the first day. :smile:
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    esp1992 wrote: »
    Glaiceana wrote: »
    Awesome stuff! :)
    But any hint if there will be Frost Atronach Crates and when? @ZOS_JessicaFolsom :D I neeed that frost guar some day

FROST ATTRONACH CRATES
    Now THAT’S a crate season Id pay BIG money for.

I doubt we’ll ever see it, considering one of their “Radiant” mounts is a Frost Atronach Horse.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    continuing the "critter vs monster" debate/exploration:

-is a mudcrab a monster?

-how about a horker?
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-is a mudcrab a monster?

-how about a horker?

I don't understand why people keep making this more difficult than it needs to be. Just kill one thing that is highlighted in red when you target it and you will be good. There are plenty of enemies in this game. We don't know if docile animals/NPCs that are yellow and become red after you initiate an attack count or not. But, since we know hostile (red) do, just kill one of them.
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭
    The one thing I am sure to get is the Arctic Fennec Fox, because if it doesn't drop from the 3 free crates I will buy it from the gems I have saved up.

Other want to haves, but not sure if I spend gems on as I have to choose seeing they are in the 16 gem category (depends on how they look in the preview): Fiery Orb, Freckled Guar, Pocket Mammoth.

Other want to haves, but not planning on spending gems on for sure: Flame Pixie, The Standing Flame, Mages Guild Sentry Cat, Black Camel of Ill Omen. Want them, to many gems though.

Stuff I prefer NOT to get: The rebreathers, lipsticks and these crates tattoos, as they will never ever see use and i can't trade them in. Well and potions as they basically are just a few gems anyway. All other stuff I might use is better.

And now i jinxed it and my 3 free crates will just be rebreathers, lipsticks, tattoos and potions
    Edited by Orticia on November 24, 2017 10:52PM
  • ictopbasli
    ictopbasli
    ✭✭✭
    Trash time, yay!
    Thalmor rules!
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of people are gonna be fired up for this.
    source.gif
    Edited by Skullstachio on November 25, 2017 11:42AM
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • SirBaldrick

-is a mudcrab a monster?

-how about a horker?

I don't understand why people keep making this more difficult than it needs to be. Just kill one thing that is highlighted in red when you target it and you will be good. There are plenty of enemies in this game. We don't know if docile animals/NPCs that are yellow and become red after you initiate an attack count or not. But, since we know hostile (red) do, just kill one of them.

so skeevers count?
  • Darkhorse1975
    Darkhorse1975
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-is a mudcrab a monster?

-how about a horker?

so skeevers count?

Maybe to just play it safe, nuke every moving thing in a random zone?

https://youtu.be/wcW_Ygs6hm0
    Edited by Darkhorse1975 on November 26, 2017 8:26AM
    Master Craftsman!
  • hana1015
    hana1015
    ✭✭
    Complete noob here. I read its a per account thing, so its 3 crates for one user. Are items I get from this crate shared with all my characters in the same account? Or are they only available to one single character only?
  • Aeslief
    Aeslief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hana1015 wrote: »
    Complete noob here. I read its a per account thing, so its 3 crates for one user. Are items I get from this crate shared with all my characters in the same account? Or are they only available to one single character only?

Consumables like potions and motifs go into the opening character’s inventory but can be banked and used by any character. Pets, wardrobe, cosmetics, mounts etc go into your collections menu and can be equipped by any character.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Items like mounts and pets are unlocks for all characters on your account. Items like motifs and consumables are used by one character but can be banked to switch to another character. But they are bound and cannot be traded or sent to another account.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PSA: The Free Crate giveaway ends in one hour.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • hana1015
    hana1015
    ✭✭
    Aeslief wrote: »

Consumables like potions and motifs go into the opening character’s inventory but can be banked and used by any character. Pets, wardrobe, cosmetics, mounts etc go into your collections menu and can be equipped by any character.

Thank you. Very clearly explained :smiley:
    May you walk on warm sands.
  • hana1015
    hana1015
    ✭✭

Items like mounts and pets are unlocks for all characters on your account. Items like motifs and consumables are used by one character but can be banked to switch to another character. But they are bound and cannot be traded or sent to another account.

Thank you very much. Very clearly explained :smiley:
    May you walk on warm sands.
  • rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone got their crates yet?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone got their crates yet?

Tuesday.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Lucasalex92
    Lucasalex92
    ✭✭✭
    i would just love if they take off same thing , and especially take off all common prizes hate them
  • Horowonnoe
    Horowonnoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish all the potions/crown gems/crown repair kits were taken entirely out of the crates. If it was just cosmetics i might consider buying some, but because its all these consumables, im not buying a crown crate until they are gone.
    PC / NA
    Templar Healer "False Eye"
    Sorc Healer "Potema the Wolf Queen"
    Warden Healer "Heavy Attacks Online"
    Magicka Nightblade DPS "Nephaleth Telvanni"
    Dragonknight Tank "Nico's Facsimile"

Builds & Guides:
    Horow's Templar Healer Guide for Trials (Murkmire updated)
    How to get Felms to jump correctly in vAS HM?
    Horow's vMA Magicka Sorc Build for beginners and lazy farmers
    Horow's Magicka Sorc Triple Pet Heavy Attack Build - Summerset Isles Ready
    More builds at anthem-guild.com/pve/.

Notable Achievements:
    - World's first 18 Axes vAA clear
    - World's first 20+ enrage stack Llothis in vAS HM and World record cone damage
  • Rawkan
    Rawkan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New crates, same old whiners on the forum.
  • Witar
    Witar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skin should not be in the crates at all. Kind of sad.
    It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
    Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt,
    It lies behind stars and under hills,
    And empty holes it fills,
    It comes first and follows after,
    Ends life, kills laughter.
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apex rewards

Resplendent Sweetroll

This is not in the APEX rewards purchasable with gems @ZOS_GinaBruno - Any reason why yous changed your mind last minute and didnt update your official post?
  • CatManDew
    CatManDew
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    So again there are no new costumes in these crates.
    All the costumes listed here were in the Crown Store in the past.

It sucks.

I was always under the assumption that most people don’t want to have items locked behind crown crates...
  • Blkadr
    Blkadr
    ✭✭✭✭
    KingMagaw wrote: »
    Apex rewards

Resplendent Sweetroll

This is not in the APEX rewards purchasable with gems @ZOS_GinaBruno - Any reason why yous changed your mind last minute and didnt update your official post?

Yes was looking for sweetroll and it's not there. :(