Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Blood craze bleed

damtotb16_ESO
damtotb16_ESO
✭✭✭
Having 27k physical resistance and 5 impen (non cp campaign) I run into stamina sorc who's blood craze gave me 2k bleed ticks. I remember this player from past, he was good but I would usually kill him, now he finishes me of in few sec. With 3k WD my bleed ticks are up to 700 on light armor guys or 400-500 on heavy armor. How is this possible?
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    The bleed set from bloodroot forge, automaton, master daggers, maelstrom weapons. These all can buff those bleed ticks so maybe a mix of those sets. Just a guess though. You'll get a few big ticks on you if you have minor vulnerability debuff as well.
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Having 27k physical resistance

Bleeds are not mitigated by resistances (or blocking). That's the difference between a bleed and other kinds of DOT.

The bleed ticks you find yourself able to achieve may be so much lower than this other person's because their weapon damage is higher than yours -- it's trivially easy to reach weapon damage much higher than 3k. Don't forget the existence of Master DW weapons and the Blooddrinker set, as well as the fact that bleed ticks can crit.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • damtotb16_ESO
    damtotb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    Having 27k physical resistance

Bleeds are not mitigated by resistances (or blocking). That's the difference between a bleed and other kinds of DOT.

The bleed ticks you find yourself able to achieve may be so much lower than this other person's because their weapon damage is higher than yours -- it's trivially easy to reach weapon damage much higher than 3k. Don't forget the existence of Master DW weapons and the Blooddrinker set, as well as the fact that bleed ticks can crit.

I don't mind my weapon damage, worked good thus far. He just hits 4x harder them me good for him I guess :)

• NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't forget CP distribution.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vMA flurry into masters blood craze would give pretty high bleed ticks I imagine.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You cannot mitigate Bleed damage nor Oblivion damage.

He's obviously buffed his bleed damage. As someone said, Master's Daggers, Bloodroot set. Love bleed builds, I wish to get that set myself.
    PC EU
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

He's obviously buffed his bleed damage. As someone said, Master's Daggers, Bloodroot set. Love bleed builds, I wish to get that set myself.

Thick Skinned.

EDIT: Also now that I think about it, also Major/Minor Protection and Maim. As well as the PvP sets that lowers damage taken from Players. Also pretty sure Hardy lowers it too.
    Edited by paulsimonps on November 25, 2017 4:39PM
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. Bleeds ignore resistances. Then slap on top of that gear sets and CP and they can do big time damage. You haven't noticed players cheesing the bleeds in duels for a while now? Apply bleed, keep heals up, keep pressure up. Recipe for most to win anything PvP related. I have dueled DKs where they didn't have to do much of anything. The buffs, heavy armor sets, and heals keep them going and all the DoTs and procs do all the work.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Thick Skinned.

EDIT: Also now that I think about it, also Major/Minor Protection and Maim. As well as the PvP sets that lowers damage taken from Players. Also pretty sure Hardy lowers it too.

I thought a bleed was not considered a DoT?
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thick Skinned.

I thought a bleed was not considered a DoT?

Read tooltip on how all bleeds are described: Bleed an X amount of physical damage of Y seconds.
    Sounds like a dot to me.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thick Skinned.

Sorry I meant in the more traditional sense. Armour, dodge, shields and block.

There are ways to get reduced damage from the bleed. Reduce your damage taken.
    PC EU
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bleeds don't go through shields.

The only difference between bleeds and other dots is the (non-)mitigation from resistances.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »

The only difference between bleeds and other dots is the (non-)mitigation from resistances.

Yeah that’s what I thought. A bleed is a DoT by definition, but in ESO it isn’t treated like other DoTs mechanically.

@Gilliamtherogue to drop the gavel on this?
    Edited by Publius_Scipio on November 25, 2017 7:00PM
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »

The bleed is on your player character. It does go through shields, it completely ignores them like Oblivion damage.
    PC EU
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bleeds only ignore Physical Resistance mitigation, and block. They do not deal "true" damage like Oblivion as of the Morrowind patch, thus no longer bypassing Shields. They can be mitigated by Thick Skinned and other flat % reduction amps such as item sets and Major/Minor Protection. They may also be purged and suppressed via Cloak.

However there are many ways to amplify Bleeds as well. Since they ignore Physical Resistance, players do not need to focus on Penetration. They are affected by all % damage amplifications, and there are special sets such as Blood Drinker (20% more damage) and Master's 1h'ers (1500 bonus per tick, affected by CP, critical hits, etc) that allow Bleeds to hit extremely hard.

The following damage sources in the game are Bleed damage;
    Cleave & morphs' damage over time portion
    Twin Slashes & morphs' damage over time portion
    Pillar of Nirn's damage over time portion
    Twin Blade and Blunt passive
    Heavy Weapons passive

Lacerate & morphs are actually not considered Bleed damage either, even though they visually appear and are mentioned as such in their respective tooltips. This has been reported since the skill came out, and seemingly has no intention of being fixed.
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bleeds only ignore Physical Resistance mitigation, and block. They do not deal "true" damage like Oblivion as of the Morrowind patch, thus no longer bypassing Shields. They can be mitigated by Thick Skinned and other flat % reduction amps such as item sets and Major/Minor Protection. They may also be purged and suppressed via Cloak.

However there are many ways to amplify Bleeds as well. Since they ignore Physical Resistance, players do not need to focus on Penetration. They are affected by all % damage amplifications, and there are special sets such as Blood Drinker (20% more damage) and Master's 1h'ers (1500 bonus per tick, affected by CP, critical hits, etc) that allow Bleeds to hit extremely hard.

Heavy Weapons passive

Lacerate & morphs are actually not considered Bleed damage either, even though they visually appear and are mentioned as such in their respective tooltips. This has been reported since the skill came out, and seemingly has no intention of being fixed.

You forgot the Twin Sisters set.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Heavy Weapons passive

Great...

Not great. GG ZOS.

Is their ultimate aim to take any flavour out of this game? Another unique build in the trash, I guess won't be after that Blood Drinker set after all.
    PC EU
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Heavy Weapons passive

Indirect buff to sorcs!
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Heavy Weapons passive

Indirect buff to sorcs!

Is it easy to gank sorcs with a bow?
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Heavy Weapons passive

Indirect buff to sorcs!

Is it easy to gank sorcs with a bow?

Don’t know, I don’t do it.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nah, bleed is perfectly balanced

bleed.jpg
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »

bleed.jpg

10k over 5 hits for a 2k per tick. Wooo. Edit: and blood craze actually ticks over 9 seconds.

When you put it in context of burst builds and abilities, yeah, bleeds are balanced. It’s an alternative playstyle that needs to be viable otherwise everyone would run burst specs. And no one is gonna kill with bleeds alone.

And quite frankly, a templar is the last thing that should be complaining about bleeds.
    Edited by CyrusArya on November 26, 2017 10:06PM
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »

bleed.jpg

my werewolf alt would like a word with ya.
    built like a truck, cuts like a knife in scrib jelly.
    Edited by dsalter on November 29, 2017 7:57AM
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.