The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PC Version alongside Xbox One

KingofAnnwn
KingofAnnwn
✭✭✭
Howdy folks,

Please bare with me on this one :D

Basically, I work away during the week now, as a result my console gaming is rather restricted to a few hours on the weekend. I'm thinking of taking advantage of the sale and getting the PC version to play on my laptop while i'm away. Would using one ESO account to play both versions cause any issues?

Also, are there any issues with using Steam as a platform to play it?

Thanks in advance,

Sean
Xbox One (Very Rare)
DC - Gwenhwyfar Gwraig - Redguard Vamp Stamplar
DC - Kiarina Florcht - Redguard Stamden
PC
AD - Lilwen Haf - Altmer Mag Sorc
EP - Tarmena Diloren - Dunmer Magblade
DC - Eletti Ghellon - Redguard Stamblade
PS5
DC - Arianwen Adahl - Breton Magcro
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You’re essentially asking for a platform transfer which currently doesn’t exist.

You can buy a new ESO account for PC ... but you’d be starting from scratch.
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Each console and pc are all on separate servers. So if you start a new pc account you won't be able to interact with your console account in any way, so you will start from scratch, no way to mail items to yourself and none of your current friends and guilds will exist on your new server.

On the plus side, you would have add-ons.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • KingofAnnwn
    KingofAnnwn
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, maybe I should have explained it better. I want to keep using my Xbox account. I was unsure if starting a new account on the pc version, whether it would interfere with my account in general. So a new email address is required at registration I take it? Or can i use the one I've used to register on this website?

Thanks again.
    Xbox One (Very Rare)
    PC
    PS5
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest asking ESO CS.

In case it helps I will tag a few that may be able to help get you your answer. While I know someone who does play on console and PC, I expect few do.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, maybe I should have explained it better. I want to keep using my Xbox account. I was unsure if starting a new account on the pc version, whether it would interfere with my account in general. So a new email address is required at registration I take it? Or can i use the one I've used to register on this website?

Thanks again.

Not sure if I can answer. I have both games on 2 different platforms. (PC/PS4) PC was my original platform at the time. (before Consoles) However when console came out. I then moved My PC, original character, to PS4 NA. In which we are not allowed anymore.

However it's been long time passed. I believe you don't need a new email. I could be wrong, since I honestly don't remember if I used my original email address. Same as my PC.

I still use ESO my PC. But not much since I'm mostly console base, the type of person I am. But no it don't interfere with your console account if you play on PC and Console or vice versa.

So in general if you make a new PC account in general. It won't interfere with your Xbox account. Im just unsure if you need a new email or not. It been long time since I switched over to PS4. But I think I used my original email from PC account. Honestly not 100% sure.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • KingofAnnwn
    KingofAnnwn
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reply. I'm going to be starting from scratch anyway. And like you, I'll be playing on both platforms. Pc during the week, console on the weekend. Do you have the steam version or normal version?
    Xbox One (Very Rare)
    PC
    PS5
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reply. I'm going to be starting from scratch anyway. And like you, I'll be playing on both platforms. Pc during the week, console on the weekend. Do you have the steam version or normal version?

Your welcome. :) My PC version was a Pre-order from Walmart Exclusive . Had a cloth map of Cyrodiil ( Cyrodiil 20"x16" cloth map) It also included "Explorers Pack (play any race in any Alliance, Scuttler Vanity Pet, bonus treasure maps) Also included 30 day unlimited game play with purchase.

But I also used steam account. But since my PC version is not steam related. I had to manually put it in steam folder. In which I still have to manually put it in steam folder. But my PC version of ESO is none steam version. (normal)
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Customer Support will be the final answer on this, but I have a single ESO account that I use for both PC and PS4. I purchased two copies of the game, but linked the PS4 game to my PC ESO account when they offered the account transfer.

It is possible that you can go the other direction and purchase a PC account and link it to the one you use for XBox. CS would have to weigh in on that.

But, this is just for account management. Characters, crowns, DLC, expansions, and all of that stuff are not shared.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Customer Support will be the final answer on this, but I have a single ESO account that I use for both PC and PS4. I purchased two copies of the game, but linked the PS4 game to my PC ESO account when they offered the account transfer.

It is possible that you can go the other direction and purchase a PC account and link it to the one you use for XBox. CS would have to weigh in on that.

But, this is just for account management. Characters, crowns, DLC, expansions, and all of that stuff are not shared.

You beat me to it, :) your right and I almost forgot, but it's like you said. Here is a screenshot of what my account looks like. It will show PC, PC PTS and PS4. But we can link all accounts together.

Photo_Editor_1511537912297.jpg
  • KingofAnnwn
    KingofAnnwn
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the input. I'll probably get it anyway and see what happens. If all else fails I'll use a different email.

Well that's pretty much cleared it up Serjustin19.

Thanks again everyone :)
    Edited by KingofAnnwn on November 24, 2017 3:46PM
    Xbox One (Very Rare)
    PC
    PS5
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks again.

People have multiple accounts in this game. You can have a 100 accounts spread across all 3 platforms if you want, as long as your buying copies of the game for each account. I don't know if you have to have a separate email for each one, but it might be better in the long run to keep things separate for troubleshooting reasons.

Side note, the sale on the game makes buying this for the PC a good deal, even if you get the Morrowind version.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• KingofAnnwn
    KingofAnnwn
    ✭✭✭
    The sale is what's making me want to get it for the pc :D
    Xbox One (Very Rare)
    PC