The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Magsorc good or bad?

• dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LvDPrankWars
    If you want a Sorc build that is transferable between both PvE and PvP, I can tell you what I've been running lately to good effect.

2 Maw of the Infernal
    5 Necro
    4 Spinner (or anything that gives 2-4 set bonuses you like)
    Front bar: Infused Lightning Spinner's w/Shock glyph
    Back bar: Infused Lightning vMA w/Flame glyph

1. Endless Fury, Inner Light, Volatile Familiar, Twilight Matriarch, Empowered Ward, Thunderous Rage
    2. Liquid Lightning, Blockade of Storms, Volatile Familiar, Twilight Matriarch, Daedric Prey, Energy Overload
    Overload: Power Surge, Dark Conversion, Volatile Familiar, Twilight Matriarch, Boundless Storm

Lover stone, Blue health/mag food. 37 Elfborn 49 Ele Expret, 46 Erosion, 9 Staff Expert 20 MaA, 75 Thaumaturge.

It's a very different approach to magSorc in PvP than the standard high mobility burst mode. This is intended to go toe to toe with tanky melee opponents who think they can eat your burst and laugh (which is basically 80% of BG players these days). It's about area denial, whether holding a point or defending a relic, or just raining lightning on the huddled clump of deathmatch fighters. You stack Liquid Lightning, Blockade of Storms, Familiar Pulse, and Lightning heavy attack and people are going to melt. They get hit by the Minor Vulnerability and Off-Balance debuffs. One target gets focused with Prey and is the target of th Heavy attack, so all pets (including Maw) are focusing them down for 55% more dmg. Endless Fury is ready to execute and the Prey explosion and Familiar stun are the little surprises waiting to send them from mild concern into sheer panic. And on top of all that, Thunderous Rage is available to take the hurt to 11.

It's definitely a fun build if you're into that kind of playstyle.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    dpencil1 wrote: »
    @LvDPrankWars
    If you want a Sorc build that is transferable between both PvE and PvP, I can tell you what I've been running lately to good effect.

2 Maw of the Infernal
    5 Necro
    4 Spinner (or anything that gives 2-4 set bonuses you like)
    Front bar: Infused Lightning Spinner's w/Shock glyph
    Back bar: Infused Lightning vMA w/Flame glyph

1. Endless Fury, Inner Light, Volatile Familiar, Twilight Matriarch, Empowered Ward, Thunderous Rage
    2. Liquid Lightning, Blockade of Storms, Volatile Familiar, Twilight Matriarch, Daedric Prey, Energy Overload
    Overload: Power Surge, Dark Conversion, Volatile Familiar, Twilight Matriarch, Boundless Storm

Lover stone, Blue health/mag food. 37 Elfborn 49 Ele Expret, 46 Erosion, 9 Staff Expert 20 MaA, 75 Thaumaturge.

It's a very different approach to magSorc in PvP than the standard high mobility burst mode. This is intended to go toe to toe with tanky melee opponents who think they can eat your burst and laugh (which is basically 80% of BG players these days). It's about area denial, whether holding a point or defending a relic, or just raining lightning on the huddled clump of deathmatch fighters. You stack Liquid Lightning, Blockade of Storms, Familiar Pulse, and Lightning heavy attack and people are going to melt. They get hit by the Minor Vulnerability and Off-Balance debuffs. One target gets focused with Prey and is the target of th Heavy attack, so all pets (including Maw) are focusing them down for 55% more dmg. Endless Fury is ready to execute and the Prey explosion and Familiar stun are the little surprises waiting to send them from mild concern into sheer panic. And on top of all that, Thunderous Rage is available to take the hurt to 11.

It's definitely a fun build if you're into that kind of playstyle.

I was a bit confused by this one until you mentioned bg's.

I'd avoid the familiar for open-world.

And also avoid the matriarch unless on PC where you can use pet commands.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you’re running a MagSorc you can brace yourself for a) all the hate you get from the noobs you kill and b) all the laughter from good players killing you on their NBs within 2 seconds. It really is a one dimensional class, but it can be fun nonetheless.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »
    Trashs1 wrote: »
    what? lich backbar? spinners froont? are we back at homestead? xD

i would change it into wizzards riposte back bar, shacklebreaker, 1 domi and the cwc asylum destro staff for a modern today sorc build.

Lich > riposte imo, sustain is much needed. Also cwc staff is trash unless it's perfected (even then meh) and gl with getting that.

wrong.

you do almost allways more than 3 forcepul la combos on an enemy to thickle him a little below 100% health to get your combo lethal. i get the debuff almost allways on my target before curse procs the first time (or close by)

i have close to 2k mag reg i dont need lich

i have 14k stam because of domi and shacklebreaker, paired with darkdeal for a LOS to regain mag

im only using hardened ward and healing ward so i still have space for the new unblock/dodgeable stun on my backbar

im doing quite well on this sorc and with my setup
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now I think you need more than 2k if running destro (2.3-2.4k seems about right) - can get away with less on DW. But then I don't dark-exchange.. I tend to find that when you need it, you just can't use it.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Now I think you need more than 2k if running destro (2.3-2.4k seems about right) - can get away with less on DW. But then I don't dark-exchange.. I tend to find that when you need it, you just can't use it.

well you are right. i find myself in longlasting and intense battles, where i dont have time to darkdeal, running dry.

thats only a rare thing but it defenately happens sometimes. im playing my sorc this way: when i feel the enemy can outsustain me and im in danger to run dry i just get my ass out of the fight with streak. works 99% of the time
    Edited by Trashs1 on November 23, 2017 2:15PM
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trashs1 wrote: »
    Biro123 wrote: »

well you are right. i find myself in longlasting and intense battles, where i dont have time to darkdeal, running dry.

thats only a rare thing but it defenately happens sometimes. im playing my sorc this way: when i feel the enemy can outsustain me and im in danger to run dry i just get my ass out of the fight with streak. works 99% of the time

All depends on what you're aiming for! Its the main thing I like about MMO's - so many ways to tailor your character for what you want.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC