Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

MagDk Meta Pvp

WacArnold
WacArnold
✭✭✭
Thinking of trying a magdk never made one before. What is the meta right now?
Xbox One - North American - Ebonheart Pact
Anti-Pop Lv 50 Magicka Nightblade Dark Elf
WacArnold Lv 50 Magicka Templar Argonian
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was going to try Heavy seducer + silks of the sun + skoria. No idea if it is meta though.
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Been running 5 Impreg plus 5 burning spellweave with 2pc endurance on sword and board bar.

Seems ok, only issue is sustaining long fights.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • TrinityBreaker
    TrinityBreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just hold block and block cast everything. You'll be the GOAT.
    Ebonheart for life.
    Xbox NA
    I am Dog Star.

Khajiit Stam Sorc - Ji'saad Ranajiradh AR 30
    Khajiit Mag DK - Kesjhad
    Khajiit Magblade - Ji'sava Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamplar - Dro'haniAk'nir - AR 36
    Khajiit Stam Dk - Diego Ri'jhad - AR 49
    Khajiit Magplar - Dro'nara Ak'nir
    Khajiit StamBlade - Ri'artharr Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamden - Dro'hani Warbreaker
    Argonian Stam DK - Tiberius Demetros
    Khajiit Stamplar - Diëgo Ri'jhad
    Fat Khajiit Stam DK - Drö'hani Ak'nir/Dances-With-Alkosh
    Khajiit Magden - Arctic Mayhem

• WacArnold
    WacArnold
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting, whats better destro or snb and restro? I have been seeing alot of mag dks around been a mix i saw i really good one i think they were using destro with harness. I dont really want to run harnes not a fan of shields.
    Xbox One - North American - Ebonheart Pact
    Anti-Pop Lv 50 Magicka Nightblade Dark Elf
    WacArnold Lv 50 Magicka Templar Argonian
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WacArnold wrote: »
    Interesting, whats better destro or snb and restro? I have been seeing alot of mag dks around been a mix i saw i really good one i think they were using destro with harness. I dont really want to run harnes not a fan of shields.

I run destro plus snb.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    I was going to try Heavy seducer + silks of the sun + skoria. No idea if it is meta though.

Sub in burning spell weave for silks. Burning effects is a dot and can proc skoria and you get the spell damage buff which applies to all your skills and heals. Silks spell damage buff only applies to flame abilities.

If you are going to group silks is fine but if your going to rely on yourself for heals and resources burning spell weave when it procs is going to buff your heals, which is important.

Seducers is great, its been great for a long time and its craftable. You'll want skoria for solo and grothdarr for group, although skoria is fine for both.

MagiDK is finally back in a decent spot now that damage change on leap a few patches ago was huge WITH the right sets and race passives. Go dunmer.

best of luck
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Malic wrote: »
    Narvuntien wrote: »

Sub in burning spell weave for silks. Burning effects is a dot and can proc skoria and you get the spell damage buff which applies to all your skills and heals. Silks spell damage buff only applies to flame abilities.

MagiDK is finally back in a decent spot now that damage change on leap a few patches ago was huge WITH the right sets and race passives. Go dunmer.

best of luck

Oh interesting, i have BSW as well but i am worried about the buff uptime. Although i can keep up the seducer 5pc up on my back bar with this set up. Oh but i lose the hp from sun :/.

I think all my skills are fire damage... dragon blood scales of max mag right?
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rattlecage.

MagDK's have so many amazing skills, can't be wasting space for Major Sorcery (and need them tri-ports for sure). It obviously doesn't give the best damage, but that added skill slot for wings or mist form or wall of elements or fiery breath or harness is just too strong to pass up (in my humble opinion).

Skoria works great for burst and extra HP, but if you want something that does more DPS go with Grothdarr.

Then a regen set of your choice. If you are going heavy armour, craft yourself some Seducers, MagDK's have very expensive skills and that 5th pc will work better then anything else. For light armour Lich might give you higher regen (have not done the math comparison for LA).

Edited by Taylor_MB on November 23, 2017 6:46AM
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve left my mDK parked at level 44 for a long time.

But all the theorycrafting posts in this thread make me want to finish leveling and try these sets in PvP.

I did manage to keep the gold Sun neck when it was on sale at the Golden weeks ago ... but it has a lot of collected dust from sitting in the bank.

IkKXY86.jpg
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »
    Rattlecage.

MagDK's have so many amazing skills, can't be wasting space for Major Sorcery (and need them tri-ports for sure). It obviously doesn't give the best damage, but that added skill slot for wings or mist form or wall of elements or fiery breath or harness is just too strong to pass up (in my humble opinion).

Skoria works great for burst and extra HP, but if you want something that does more DPS go with Grothdarr.

Then a regen set of your choice. If you are going heavy armour, craft yourself some Seducers, MagDK's have very expensive skills and that 5th pc will work better then anything else. For light armour Lich might give you higher regen (have not done the math comparison for LA).

Ya this guy has a point on Lich, I forgot. Its exceptional (if not BIS) for magi sustain. Seducers is still great. Im not a big fan of rattlecage but its certainly potent. The problem is if your slotting that youre likely not slotting a fire enhancing damage set (like silks or spell weave). Im getting the heavy armor filled with seducers.
    Edited by Malic on November 23, 2017 2:45PM
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve left my mDK parked at level 44 for a long time.

But all the theorycrafting posts in this thread make me want to finish leveling and try these sets in PvP.

I did manage to keep the gold Sun neck when it was on sale at the Golden weeks ago ... but it has a lot of collected dust from sitting in the bank.

IkKXY86.jpg

Finish it. Magi DK is in a good spot (its not perfect) and fun to play.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be warned that you won’t excel like any of the other classes in neither small scale PvP, nor large scale conflicts. You shine somewhat in duels, but even then you must be mindful of your resources at all times (your skill costs are obnoxiously high as a MagDK).

For gear, I’m currently using: 5pcs. Alteration, 5pcs. Seducer, 2pcs. Grothdarr, and 1pcs. Maelstrom Restoration Staff. Gear traits are 2 sturdy, with the rest as impenetrable. My shield is also divines, but it would be better if impenetrable or sturdy. Lol. Jewelry enchantments consist of 2 spell damage, and 1 reduce cost of blocking. Gear enchantments consist of max magicka on everything, with an exception of 1 max health enchantment on the chest piece. For food I use CP150 purple “tri-stat” max stat boosters (not recovery), and for potions vitality and immovable.

Good luck, comrade. And be warned that being a MagDK within a PvP environment nowadays is a very taxing and frustrating experience usually. Although, you can shine in specific and niche circumstances.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I were running magDK I would run 5x varen's legacy, 5x desert rose, 2x skoria stacking block cost reduction. S&B/lightning destro. You get absurd sustain from flame lash procs for free. Also can back bar ferocious leap which gets a solid buff to its burst when you swap to the lightning destro. Inhale --> talons --> leap with a varen's proc and if you're lucky a Skoria proc is a lot of damage.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • lynog85
    lynog85
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone wanting imo the meta build. Try 5 necro 2 shadowrend 5 bloodthorn. Sword and board plus resto. 5th piece of bloodthorn being on the front bar. Thank me later.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lynog85 wrote: »
    Anyone wanting imo the meta build. Try 5 necro 2 shadowrend 5 bloodthorn. Sword and board plus resto. 5th piece of bloodthorn being on the front bar. Thank me later.

5 necro??? Yeah I'll pass on that with a class that has no pets
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    If I were running magDK I would run 5x varen's legacy, 5x desert rose, 2x skoria stacking block cost reduction. S&B/lightning destro. You get absurd sustain from flame lash procs for free. Also can back bar ferocious leap which gets a solid buff to its burst when you swap to the lightning destro. Inhale --> talons --> leap with a varen's proc and if you're lucky a Skoria proc is a lot of damage.

Yes, but WoE in PvP is quite hard to cast

Varen's is a good set for mDKs but I'm not sure how good it is in PvP
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The basic 5/1/1 heavy, s/b x2 and tristat/glyphs

Main: Shackle, seducer, rattle, julianos, impreg.

Offsustain: Desert rose, syrabane, alt mastery, lich.

Offdmg: BSW, Axiom (bugged) and Sun

Monster: Skoria/Bloodspawn.

I run an off meta LA build that has great sustain and hits harder than an NB, but is squishball af since DK has no other defense.

Shackle, sun, skoria, dw front, willpower (might try a different 2pc, vma, dsa and asy suck though) s/b back.
    (Protip, if set up right deep breath, talons and 2x whips or talons, breath, empower, leap, are some mad burst combos.)
    Edited by ak_pvp on November 23, 2017 7:58PM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varen's sets up unpredictable burst. It's a large proc added onto high burst skills like ferocious leap. It also interacts great with draw essence - it increases the heals that you receive. On a resource in Cyrodiil or outnumbered small groups I've had over 20k heals. The set's bonuses do not read on paper as stellar as they are in real play. I don't lose significant spell damage or max magicka relative to others, gain enormous sustain and damage via wall of elements (which all you need to do is intelligently play on terrain and set up chokes) and enormous burst (flip whips for days).

I encourage you to play the build before your skepticism. It's a build like any other - it requires intelligent play, but performs incredibly well as long as you reach a pretty low threshold of competence.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • lynog85
    lynog85
    ✭✭✭
    Datthaw wrote: »

Lol. I guess youre pretty new then.
  • devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still running 5 sun 5 wizards riposte 2 skoria and I'm doing great. ( when I'm not fighting loading screens)
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not like a beta players but not exactly new, what would be the reason for it. Nothing that I know of will proc the 5 piece
  • devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭

I'm not like a beta players but not exactly new, what would be the reason for it. Nothing that I know of will proc the 5 piece

Shadowrend
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    devilsTear wrote: »

Shadowrend

Ahhhhh I see maybe I need to read the posts better.
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varen's sets up unpredictable burst. It's a large proc added onto high burst skills like ferocious leap. It also interacts great with draw essence - it increases the heals that you receive. On a resource in Cyrodiil or outnumbered small groups I've had over 20k heals. The set's bonuses do not read on paper as stellar as they are in real play. I don't lose significant spell damage or max magicka relative to others, gain enormous sustain and damage via wall of elements (which all you need to do is intelligently play on terrain and set up chokes) and enormous burst (flip whips for days).

I encourage you to play the build before your skepticism. It's a build like any other - it requires intelligent play, but performs incredibly well as long as you reach a pretty low threshold of competence.

Ive played this, its a fun build to play, well a variation of it anyway. I found it hard to get kills regularly anyway.

Great set up for clipping resources but most people figure out pretty quick what your doing with essence and just range you. I mean its a fun build but at its core you need people close, and not just one or two.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malic wrote: »

Ive played this, its a fun build to play, well a variation of it anyway. I found it hard to get kills regularly anyway.

Great set up for clipping resources but most people figure out pretty quick what your doing with essence and just range you. I mean its a fun build but at its core you need people close, and not just one or two.

Which is the majority of BGs. I see it working very well in BGs
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Impreg with all sturdy, spellweave or overwhelming surge, sword and board, 5 light, skoria, tri stat food, tri stat pots, one two or three regen jewels glyphs. Atronach mundus.

Win
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    Impreg with all sturdy, spellweave or overwhelming surge, sword and board, 5 light, skoria, tri stat food, tri stat pots, one two or three regen jewels glyphs. Atronach mundus.

Win

I'm running something similar. I agree
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Mustard
    Mustard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Impreg heavy or light?
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theres a lot of options with magdk, its in a good place. You have plenty of viable options from light to heavy, to tank dps or utility.

• Veg
    Veg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theres a lot of options with magdk, its in a good place. You have plenty of viable options from light to heavy, to tank dps or utility.

HAHAHA

*breathes in*

HAHAHA

implying there is a single reason to do literally anything other than make yourself a raid boss and slaughter really *** stamblades.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl05ZmQh9NY&feature=youtu.be
    ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ