The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

obligatory new life festival achievement, furnishings thread

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Sorta dissapointed witches festival didn't have any new achievements, what are your suggestions to improve new life festival before it's released? Mine are:

Decorate a house with a new life furnishing
Visit or have someone visit your house during witches festival

Furnishings: beer, lots of it
Edited by Aliyavana on October 31, 2017 1:50PM
  • fioskal
    fioskal
    ✭✭✭
    I want a Christmas tree furnishing.
    -Fiona-
    PC - NA
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit wants everything to do with Fishmas.

Especially little decorative gift box furnishings so you can place them under the Fishmas tree.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fioskal wrote: »
    If it's traditional candles and not some kind of coloured magicka balls I might be able to overlook it, otherwise it will bug me.

I never like when an MMO has real world festivity looks added, SWTOR having Christmas lights for example was... eh. Maybe I am just a modern day Scrooge.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm actually a fan of them not adding achievements to existing events, especially since there are titles involved that some may want on alts.

I just wish they made the loot pool more interesting. Should have made the hollowjack motif a book drop rather than page drop this year, and added something else to collect.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    fioskal wrote: »
    If it's traditional candles and not some kind of coloured magicka balls I might be able to overlook it, otherwise it will bug me.

I never like when an MMO has real world festivity looks added, SWTOR having Christmas lights for example was... eh. Maybe I am just a modern day Scrooge.

I am the exact opposite. I love all the tacky lights and ornaments and would love to see them in this game. To each their own though.

I would settle for the traditional candle style!
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit would just like a tree of a reasonable size and shape.

Then we may decorate this as we wish yes - perhaps from a selection of different things which may purchased at a seasonal vendor throughout the festival.

Personally this one is going for as many starfish as she can find - however Khajiit has found few of them for sale recently.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm actually a fan of them not adding achievements to existing events, especially since there are titles involved that some may want on alts.

I just wish they made the loot pool more interesting. Should have made the hollowjack motif a book drop rather than page drop this year, and added something else to collect.

Simple, don't add rewards to new achievements
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'll be happy to be a modern day Scrooge with you then. It'd be different if the game took place on Earth. As it is, I want lore appropriate stuff! :smiley: How about:
    • Wine bottles, mead mugs, glasses and other alcohol-related furnishings
    • Bonfire (Snow Bear Plunge)
    • Blanket (Snow Bear Plunge)
    • Various food, candies and sweets (maybe furnishing versions of the recipes we can make?)
    • Fish (Fish Boon Feast)
    • Fishing gear (Fish Boon Feast)
    • Signal Fire (Signal Fire Sprint)
    • Rajhin coin(s) (Trial of the Five-Clawed Guile)
    • Chest with a pickable lock (Trial of the Five-Clawed Guile)
    • Stage (would work for either the Lava Foot Stomp or the Castle Charm Challenge)
    • A come-hither/flirt emote ('Secret Sanguine' practice in Elinhir)
    • Wolf pelt rug (Stonetooth Bash)
    • Permanent versions of the sword swallowing, dagger juggling, etc.
    • Echatere mount (Drunken Echatere racing, Orsinium)
    • A new quest for the poor Imperials, who got left out last year
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    Always happy to see Santie Claws and her input!

I'll be happy to be a modern day Scrooge with you then. It'd be different if the game took place on Earth. As it is, I want lore appropriate stuff! :smiley: How about:
    • Wine bottles, mead mugs, glasses and other alcohol-related furnishings
    • Bonfire (Snow Bear Plunge)
    • Blanket (Snow Bear Plunge)
    • Various food, candies and sweets (maybe furnishing versions of the recipes we can make?)
    • Fish (Fish Boon Feast)
    • Fishing gear (Fish Boon Feast)
    • Signal Fire (Signal Fire Sprint)
    • Rajhin coin(s) (Trial of the Five-Clawed Guile)
    • Chest with a pickable lock (Trial of the Five-Clawed Guile)
    • Stage (would work for either the Lava Foot Stomp or the Castle Charm Challenge)
    • A come-hither/flirt emote ('Secret Sanguine' practice in Elinhir)
    • Wolf pelt rug (Stonetooth Bash)
    • Permanent versions of the sword swallowing, dagger juggling, etc.
    • Echatere mount (Drunken Echatere racing, Orsinium)
    • A new quest for the poor Imperials, who got left out last year

I like your thinking. I don't think the Imperials celebrate new life festival... it's well... too pagan for them. (granted Imperials did adopt Aylied and Nordic gods so.....)

edit: grammar
    Edited by Gan Xing on November 21, 2017 6:59PM
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, please. I have completed all festival achievements last year not for the necessity to bother myself again.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EvilCroc wrote: »
    No, please. I have completed all festival achievements last year not for the necessity to bother myself again.

don't do them then
  • Aetherderius
    Aetherderius
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had a look at the Holiday Achievement Vendor and saw only two things - a New Life banner and a Snow Bear Plunge Bonfire. More might be added, but those are just the ones I saw.