The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PVE/PVP Grind?

scottii
scottii
✭✭✭
Note: This is kinda long, and I'm really bad at this kind of stuff. But for love and much passion for the game, I feel like something should be said. Please read and let me know what you guys think.

Yes, this is one of THE greatest games I've ever played! With almost 1800 hours in the game, it has gotten me through good times with friends online, and bad times during personal life to help take mind off stress and stuff. Have been an ESO Plus member since around the 10 hour in the game. Have put maybe another $200 into the crown store, and another $100 to buy this game for friends so they can play too.

Not only was there a lot of hours spent here, but I've yet to complete even half the game, quest and achievement related. Originally joining the game through another friend's recommendation of PVP, this is where it's get interesting....

First off, PVE, so much to do!!! Omgosh, so many achievements to get, and some are crazy hard. One the best moments ever was completing vMA for the first time. I literally ran out in my neighborhood during the middle of the night, screaming like an idiot in boxer underwear. LOL, yeah, good thing some of my neighbors play a lot of games, so they didn't think it was too crazy.

Next is PVP. Good PVP, but to become really good in PVP, some of the gear is just a bit intimidating to get (this does not apply to all classes). For example, in order to prepare for vDSA and get a Master Staff, there was a long grind to get the gear and CP needed. The first goal was to get a vMA Lightning Staff, and this took grinding vMA, ever day, 2 runs per day, for 3 MONTHS STRAIGHT!!!! I'm not even joking. It took that much time before a Maelstrom Lightning Staff dropped. Not talking about a bad roll, I'm talking about just the first staff to drop. After that, it took about 2 months to find a good group who wanted to do vDSA. Fortunately on the first completion of vDSA, the Master Staff dropped for me, but my team mates got garbage gear. Felt kinda bad. Then once the Master Staff was used in PVP, oh golly was to useful. Dat KDA was sooooo high.

Changing up to another character. I wanted to test out a build for a warden, using Hunt Leader and Seventh Legion gear. Seventh Legion? Super easy to get. Just buy it off the guild store. Hunt Leader though?

Well that's why I'm here. The last 2 month, I just went through the same crap, trying to get 1h, shield, 2 rings, and 1 necklace of the Hunt Leader set. At my current rate, I'm about to now do 2-3 vMA runs per day. After 2 months, 2-3 runs per day every day, guess what I got towards getting the set? One Hunt Leader necklace in arcane and another in healthy. Man WTF?!?!?!?!?!?

I love this game and all, but seriously tired of grinding PVE to get PVP gear. Some grinding is ok, no problem there. It's part of the MMO life. However, spending hundreds of hours, and months on end just to get a few items, this is just crazy.

Like, for an adult, I spend more time than the usual person putting time in games - just my hobby. It's fun, feels rewarding, and something to waste time on. But this, this crap? Man c'mon ZOS, something's gotta change. Maybe jut a little bit. Not asking to re-invent the wheel. Just change the drop rates or something. What felt like fun, now feels like work. LOL, with all this work, I need a vacation - hence the unsub.

TLDR: Love the game, but hate spending months and months grinding PVE to get PVP gear.
Praying the Daedric Gods will make Cyrodiil great again.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanted Winterborn jewelry. I have EVERY SINGLE POSSIBLE DROP but only 1 MF Winterborn ring.

So I said F it and moved on.

I still need:
    Lich Jewelry, BSW fire staff, and few more I can't remember. I said F it.

Did all this solo, over 100 solo runs through vCoA 1

Was happening with automaton.

Called in 1 guild buddy.

2 runs full set for me.

I honestly believe anything solo, the game some how knows (or randomly selected an item,) and just reduces it's rng for you... Or something... Something is definitely up
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds