The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Late comer to group dungeons and dungeon finder

ZioGio
ZioGio
✭✭✭
I haven't grouped for a dungeon for a very long while, both in sense of real time and levels. My Templar is built around solo play, but, with the group finder event coming up, I thought it might be fun to join in as DPS. I don't really want re-spec just for the one dungeon I might run a day, nor have I used the dungeon finder before, so I'm a little apprehensive about what to expect in regards to being able to pull my own weight.

First, since I'm over CP 300, can I specify v1 dungeons in the dungeon finder's random selector? I can avoid most rookie mistakes (I use to raid heal in other games), but I've been playing solo content for so long I want to get the feel for ESO group dungeon play before attempting the higher damage dungeon versions.

Here's a link to my un-buffed Templar solo build. I'm a master provisioner and alchemist, so I have access to multi-stat food to raise my health to 20K and multi-stat potions. Elemental Drain gives me 12K spell penetration for boss fights.

Am I going to get immediately kicked with my solo build for a random PUG run?

Thanks!
PC NA
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where did you get the idea that you need to respec to do Dungeons? Sure, some PvP builds might want to use different gear and skill load outs, but more skills than gear needs to be changed.

Now, if your a Healer now, and want to do DPS, well, other than Blessed, almost everything else you would choose in the Champ system is the same for DPS. So, your good there.

Now, here is the cool thing, or not so cool. If you que as a DPS, you can have long (5 to 15 minute) waits to get a group in the finder. Sometimes quicker. Que as a Healer? Instant, or almost instant group. So, I would stay a healer if that is what your used to. Maybe put a Destro on the back bar for DPS support as needed.

As for the Vet I or Vet II, if your over CP300, your going to get one or the other. Also, the DLC dungeons are part of the mix, and those can be real challenging on Vet.

Me, I que for Normals, the rewards are the same (not sure on the event, but I can't imagine it to be different) and I don't have to deal with the PUG mess in Vet Dungeons. Well, I do give up Monster Helms, but I have all the Monster stuff I need from running dungeons with guildmates and if I need more Helms, I seek out my guild for those runs.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you're running normals, or non-DLC vets, I haven't seen anyone get kicked yet for anything other than being AFK. You can definitely spec normals in the random finder, and only the DLC normals so far to me really seem to have much of a DPS check. Most of the others I've gotten through in normal with both high and low DPS groups (I've been running as a tank so not much dps there).

Re-spec, depends on what you mean. You shouldn't have to redo attribute points or CP. It's possible you might need to redo skills/morphs depending on what role you want to take in the dungeon.
    I have a few gear/skill setups for tanking which are decidely not what I use for solo questing, and I ended up using one of the add-ons to change between them since I'm doing that regularly.
  • ZioGio
    ZioGio
    ✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    Re-spec, depends on what you mean. You shouldn't have to redo attribute points or CP. It's possible you might need to redo skills/morphs depending on what role you want to take in the dungeon.
    I have a few gear/skill setups for tanking which are decidely not what I use for solo questing, and I ended up using one of the add-ons to change between them since I'm doing that regularly.

Thank you. By re-spec I did mean skills reset. I only have one or two spare points. I know it's only 9K gold to reset skills (less for morphs), but it's a pain I'd rather pass on if I can help it.

Thank you, again, for the input!
    PC NA
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Whether or not you need to respec depends on where your other skills are assigned and whether you want to stick to damage. I can't comment on your templar build, but generally in normal non-DLC's a lot of damage specs are viable (but the queue might be long). If you have points (just not in your current bars) into the various templar healing skills and restoration staff skills, then you can heal as well which helps with the queue.
  • ZioGio
    ZioGio
    ✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    Whether or not you need to respec depends on where your other skills are assigned and whether you want to stick to damage. I can't comment on your templar build, but generally in normal non-DLC's a lot of damage specs are viable (but the queue might be long). If you have points (just not in your current bars) into the various templar healing skills and restoration staff skills, then you can heal as well which helps with the queue.

Thanks, kringled_1. I may suffer the wait for a run or two as DPS and then set up my healing build since that's usually where I've felt most comfortable in other games. It'll be odd grouping for a dungeon and not playing "whack a mole" with the health bars. I might actually get to see what's going on for a change! LOL
    PC NA
  • ZioGio
    ZioGio
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Where did you get the idea that you need to respec to do Dungeons?

The forums, of course! That bastion of positive feedback and open-mindedness for builds that don't use BiS. :p

Seriously, though, thank you and kringled_1 for putting my mind at ease.
    Edited by ZioGio on November 22, 2017 11:53PM
    PC NA