The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Asylum Bow (actually bad german translation)

kengur22
kengur22
When you attack a target with Arrow Spray and use after that Poison Arrow on the target, only the initial hit gets increased for 45%, but not the dot dmg.

Edit:
German translation doesn't mention only direct dmg portion
  • Urza1234
    Urza1234
    ✭✭✭✭
    When you deal damage with Arrow Spray, you cause enemies hit to take 45% more damage from the direct damage portion of your next Snipe, Scatter Shot, or Poison Arrow used within 5 seconds.

You see that direct damage bit there? The item explicitly states only that the initial damage of poison arrow is affected, it doesn't say anything about the DoT getting buffed, which is why you are noticing that the DoT does not get buffed.
    Edited by Urza1234 on November 17, 2017 10:39PM
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah @kengur22 it is only for the direct damage. Many 1 and 2 set weapons work that way. The Maelstrom daggers for example, along with status effects like Empower.

I just wish it increased the direct damage of acid spray. I always love exponential curves.
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
  • kengur22
    kengur22
    I'm wrong with this bug i blame the German translation for this set. It says it increases the dmg of the next Snipe, Scatter Shot or Poison Arrow, there isn't mentioned that it should only increase direct dmg.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks! We'll get the translation fixed.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post