The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sades SA-902 headset, can anyone help?

Minyassa
Minyassa
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
This is a pretty good headset, but I can't figure out how to turn on the sidetone (mic monitoring). As far as I know, it is supposed to have it; I read a review where someone said something about turning it off for some reason. I'm using Windows 7 and I cannot find a control to turn it on. "Hear this device" is not it, that just plays my voice back to me with a really annoying delay through my sound card. Right now I can't hear myself speak so I end up yelling and annoy my family. I've written to Sades customer service, but from what I've read they are not responsive and I'm not holding my breath, so I thought I'd see if anyone here can help. :)
  • deleted210304-002304
    deleted210304-002304
    ✭✭✭✭
    What program are you trying to use the microphone with? ESO doesn't have any voice chat.
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A late reply, but here goes. :)

As you found out, the Windows internal "Hear this device" function generally works, but has a considerable delay. There's other software which, if configured properly, can echo microphone input to the headphones with minimal delay.

For your headset though, if it's supposed to have a built-in sidetone function, you usually need a specific driver or software to configure that. I personally have a Logitech G533 headset and need to use the "Logitech Gaming Software" to configure sidetone and other special features.

Did your headset come with an installation CD? Otherwise you might want to check their website for driver downloads.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I figured it out. For some reason when I installed the headset and its accompanying software it did not replace my old headset's drivers. I had to download their latest drivers (which took hours and hours, egad that site is slooooooooowwwwwwwwww) and then manually replace them. Now I can hear myself, yay!
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good job! :)
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP