Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What is your favourite class?

Naughty_Ryder
Naughty_Ryder
✭✭✭
What is the communities most favoured class, regardless of Magicka and Stamina builds?
Edited by Naughty_Ryder on November 18, 2017 6:52PM
Fairies are invisible and inaudible like angels. But their magic sparkles in nature.

- I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.

What is your favourite class? 111 votes

Dragonknight
17%
makrethLoralai_907bottleofsyrupHanzusLYESHAMBLESMalkorgaBananaJjitsuboy98Mcgelie1Jaybe_MawfakaArthgjeedrzejEnslavednecr0oVaelerionak_pvpRagnarock41Coggohuschdeguddzje 19 votes
Sorcerer
17%
SolarikenXundiinerebozLylithToRelaxDemycilianElFonz0HvzedaMettaricanaMedivh50ParaNostramGreatGildersleeveLordGavusLadislaoSilverIce58LukosCreydenTelvanniWizardmonktoastyMrOriginalz 19 votes
Nightblade
28%
IcyDeadPeoplecavakthestampedeZiRMGandalfTheGreyczarRobo_HoboRawkanVulsahdaalLokrynEirellaaltemrielVoxicityDojohodamobiceraParablodiaNaughty_RyderAsardesTommy_The_GunEtienne_et_IsabeauNightbladeMechanics 32 votes
Templar
18%
DarcyMardinSvenjaDredlordleeuxnimander99O_LYKOSCadburyBomblePantsCyrusAryamenedhynDocFrost72MihaelRANKK7AzgaranPrincess_Ciricoop500Hippie4927Bbsample197Rainravenzawizard 21 votes
Warden
18%
dodgehopper_ESOSASChriswyterice24b14_ESOTryxusmingimingiAlisyraNyghthowlerbaratronCh4mpTWDieAlteHexeAnoVandoterrordactyl1971CloudlessFrostFallFoxtheher0notGet_Blazed613cbdfarmZimbuggadevilfunkGoonyGoat 20 votes
  • Naughty_Ryder
    Naughty_Ryder
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    I just love how sneaky Nightblades are...
    Fairies are invisible and inaudible like angels. But their magic sparkles in nature.

• coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Templar
    Love Templars, I love playing a good character and Templars are kinda geared towards being holy. But then again both of my Templar toons are either a vampire or a werewolf.... but they're both good too, vampire never feeds and the werewolf is her 'oh crud' button.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • Cloudless
    Cloudless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    I just love how flowy wardens' abilities look. <3
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    Love the sneaky sneaky
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    WNHOznl.png
    Sidenote: I mostly play 1 nowadays (currently will level a DC scum) and the rest is for the nov 30-dec 06 event :D
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BigBadVolk wrote: »
    the rest is for the nov 30-dec 06 event :D

I should pay more attention. Which event?
  • Rainraven
    Rainraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    Not my main, still my favorite.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dragonknight
    DK because I played it since beta, sort of eh now, but burst DK worst well for BGs which is all I have time for. Alternatively speedsorc was quite fun.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • wyterice24b14_ESO
    wyterice24b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Warden
    Warden be OP, people just don't know it yet
    Happy Patch day!
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    Templar would be mine if I had to pick only one. I do enjoy playing all magicka based characters though.
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Warden
    coop500 wrote: »
    Love Templars, I love playing a good character and Templars are kinda geared towards being holy. But then again both of my Templar toons are either a vampire or a werewolf.... but they're both good too, vampire never feeds and the werewolf is her 'oh crud' button.

If this were a year and a half ago I would have picked Templar followed by Nightblade based on theme and style. Nowadays, I'm far too frustrated with the trajectory Templar has been moving along to feel the same. The class is supposed to be a 'holy' based class yet due to its lack of self recovery is the class that seems to need to be a Vampire more than any other. Ironically, at the outset Templars had the highest recoveries and were based on being a resilient high recovery support class in the beginning. Templars lost their theme ages ago.

Wardens on the other hand still have their theme. Whether you're playing an Argonian hist-minder, an Ashlander, a Reachman, a Kynareth Priest, or just a hunter with a few magical skills this class seems to fit its theme and style decently well. The class in many ways feels like what I wish Templar did. It has a level of 'clunkiness' to it that I do not find overly offensive as I do with Templar. The heals are not so overwhelmingly powerful that I expect the class to be utterly gutted in all other aspects for it like with the Templar. Its a jack of all trades class that doesn't have the kinds of wild execute-based burst that a Sorcerer (mag) would have. Mostly, I just like the way it plays and the theme.

Dragon Knight has never been top on my list in part because of esthetics. I never liked the way your character goes invisible and has a gigantic pulsating heart throbbing. I never liked the huge upturned spikes that grow out of your character. There are other elements of the class I think are fantastic like Dragon Leap. I don't hate DK but these little artistic elements do bug me. In terms of DK playstyle I actually find it quite fun.

Sorcerer is actually very high on my list as I find it very fun whether you play it as a stamina or magicka build. Its a very weapon-centric class and I enjoy the weapons. Sorcerer also has a lot of built in variety in terms of what you can do with it and its quite visually appealing.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Stamina sorcerer
  • Zimbugga
    Zimbugga
    ✭✭✭
    Warden
    Sorcerer is my main, but still Warden is my favorite class. They have so beautiful skills, and they are easy to make healer, DPS and tank. Okey, every class is easy to make every class too, but most easiest is Warden (my opinion).
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    I always prefer magea best. But I'm play8ng a stamblade now and it's pretty fun
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    BigBadVolk wrote: »
    the rest is for the nov 30-dec 06 event :D

I should pay more attention. Which event?

if you do a random normal you get a box which can contain everything from the crown store (even houses, and mostly those costumes, hairs, and such which were on sale up until dec 06) and these are per chars (and no duplicates like in crown crates)
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nightblade
    Nightblade.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    I really like the unique feel of every class and have alts for everything, but I'd be lying if I said I could resist the allure of jabs and war machine feeding crescent.
    Edited by DocFrost72 on November 18, 2017 11:12PM
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I resisted mag sorc for years. I'm really having fun . love all the lighting its just so kewl. Oh and I cant play worth a turd so the shields keep me alive. I can solo most world bosses . not sayimg much but for me ot made the game less frustrating.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    My main is a Sorcerer, although my most enjoyable class by far is Warden. Funny how inconsistent I may be at times.
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    Magicka Nightblade and Stamina Sorcerer :)
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    #1 Magicka Nightblade
    #2 Magicka Sorcerer.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's hard to differentiate between 'favourite' and 'most familiar with'. I love my magsorc and my magplar, but that could be because I have played most with them. There are other classes I like though which could become favourites if I devoted more time to them.
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Warden!
  • SASChris
    SASChris
    ✭✭
    Warden
    Gotta love the nature and cold theme
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    I'll go with sorcerer. I've mained one since launch and always play one is elder scrolls games.

However warden has to be a close second. I've made 2 I really enjoy their abilities and theme.
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Templar
    Templar, closely followed by warden.
  • Naughty_Ryder
    Naughty_Ryder
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    :D Magicka Nightblade
    Edited by Naughty_Ryder on November 19, 2017 8:44AM

• LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorcerer
    I mostly play solo due to reasons. So, classes that can dish out damage and heal themselves are what I favor nowadays.

Stamina sorcerer for the fast-paced gameplay and the near-invincibility you get. I also am in love with flurry skill and have been since my character first picked up a pair of swords, so that helps.

Just started playing magsorc, which I love for essentially the same reasons, except this time with more near-invincibility and more pew pews.

A lot of people say sorc is OP. I respectfully disagree. Sorc feels fun to play and is effective, it sets a standard that I feel some other classes have yet to meet.

Stam Nightblade was my first class and I loved it, I just had difficulty staying alive.

Templar is another favoured class of mine, I currently main one for pvp. Their self healing makes them great for soloing and I love how some of their skills look.

I do currently have a stam dk, but for me, it feels like a weaker stam sorc with less surviveability. Yep.

Warden is a cool class, but I do NOT like the animal friends skill tree. Summon a netch? Giant blue beam in your face! Main spammable? Throw birds at stuff! Delayed burst? Three bugs pop up then just sort of go away again. What? What even is that animation?
    Of course, this is just my opinion. There are a lot of people who love warden, which is great. I am just happy they gave us a new class/skills to play with. I just hope we don't have to wait too long for more.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.