The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Replicatable bug - interaction with Xbox 1 X OS

MJallday
MJallday
✭✭✭✭✭
Has done this at least 5 times now.

play ESO.
hold down xbox controller button to shut down xbox 1 x
controller goes off , xbox goes off (I go to bed)
power does not get cut to xbox, it stays in "standby" mode
come back, turn controller on.
xbox boots
click ESO icon to load ESO
ESO shows loading screen of last location I was in, screen goes black. ESO hangs

only way out of this isto go back into xbox menu, load another game on hdd (in my case, minecraft)
exit that, reload ESO - ESO loads fine

will only do this if power not cut to xbox (ie goes in power save mode)

• INHUMANENATION
    INHUMANENATION
    ✭✭✭
    This used to happen to me in PS4. It would occur if you put your console into sleep mode without closing the app.

If you don't restart the console at this point and play games you will experience a lot of latency. If you simply close the app before you shut your console down it prevents this. Also restarting your console on ps4 after coming out of sleep mode reduces a lot of lag as does occasionally turning off the console and unplugging it for 10secs.

Hope this helps.
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never did it before cwc, appreciate what your saying though
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah this happens to me if I do not completely close out of the game and go to the dashboard before shutting off my Xbox. Is it game-breaking? No. But it's annoying that ESO is the ONE game I own that cannot seem to handle just being shut-off with the rest of the xbox. If I forget to close down ESO completely, the next time i try to log in have to go through many failed launch attempts before it will correctly launch.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks all. For what it's worth, this issue was listed in the most recent Xbox patch notes under the Known Issues, along with a temporary workaround until the issue is resolved: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4622707/#Comment_4622707
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks all. For what it's worth, this issue was listed in the most recent Xbox patch notes under the Known Issues, along with a temporary workaround until the issue is resolved: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4622707/#Comment_4622707

Thanks. Must have missed that at the bottom.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so basically we should be logging out first, going home and quitting the app before turning off the system?
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so basically we should be logging out first, going home and quitting the app before turning off the system?

Yup

Or, shutting off with your controller then flick the power off and back on to your xbox

Ball ache eh