Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

They seriously need to tone down guards in Cyrodiil

Krayzie
Krayzie
✭✭✭✭✭
Specially on console.

With the major, horrific latency and extremely terrible FPS problems, there's an VERY VERY strong possibility that those bubbles cast on you constantly don't even graphically show up around your character and you end up doing massive amounts of damage to yourself without realizing what's happening.

or should I just be assuming there's 100% up time on guard eclipses and pray the ones separated by a wall don't get me when I use my dawn breaker?
I'm a PVE roleplayer concerned about my vampires stage 4 skin tone and keep getting load screens so I came here to distract people from major issues with a rant thread about my characters cosmetic appearance.
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guards should be buffed up to be honest. Make them a challenge to deal with in CPs especially. Problem is, as you said, sometimes the lag makes it impossible to know what we are dealing with.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krayzie wrote: »
    or should I just be assuming there's 100% up time on guard eclipses

There pretty much is, since you cannot break free from it and the bubble does not give CC immunity on expire so it is immediately reapplied. Stick with unreflectable abilities like ground effects and melee attacks (wardens can use birds, too), and only use reflectable ones if you manage to break free one of their disorients and have CC immunity running.
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guards are not the issue here, the "major, horrific latency and extremely terrible FPS problems" is the issue.
    Zos needs to fix this, atleast they upgraded from "elder scrolls offline" to "elder scrolls loadscreens"
  • Krayzie
    Krayzie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

There pretty much is, since you cannot break free from it and the bubble does not give CC immunity on expire so it is immediately reapplied. Stick with unreflectable abilities like ground effects and melee attacks (wardens can use birds, too), and only use reflectable ones if you manage to break free one of their disorients and have CC immunity running.

That helps with my magblade, guess I can just use shade and resto attack them to death

Wait, I can't because they full heal each other before 50% hp LOL
    I'm a PVE roleplayer concerned about my vampires stage 4 skin tone and keep getting load screens so I came here to distract people from major issues with a rant thread about my characters cosmetic appearance.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guards are fine

Lag is the issue
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

That helps with my magblade, guess I can just use shade and resto attack them to death

Wait, I can't because they full heal each other before 50% hp LOL

<shrug> It wasnt much better for my mag DK. You can resto attack them, i couldn't do even that with fire staff... In the end i simply switched abilities to AOE before attacking a resource- wall of fire, impulse, eruption, etc. When you stack a couple of these on the flag the guards melt pretty fast.
    Edited by Sharee on November 7, 2017 11:11AM
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    guards are a little dumb.

Im of the conservative mindset that resources should not be soloable. This breeds the goofy and underbrowed gameplay of Eternal Hunt tower farming dodge rolling nightblades and that's just ridiculous.

BUT

since resources ARE soloable, the guards seem a bit out of hand with the CC's and negates, and the honor guard shield bashing.

either make it soloable, or make it a hard "no"
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol they not as bad as they used to be back in the ole days you had to use siege to clear them on your own , all I do now is drag the two from the front door kill them , go up stairs kill the one up there and then onto the flag
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They are murder against some builds...

DW magsorc for example...

Approach guards.. curse one... silenced!

Dodge+move away from silence, Disoriented!

Breakfree, curse again, wrath, frag.. oh, eclipse just as you fragged - so you ate it n the face...

Wait around till eclipse goes away spamming shields and wrath... yay - its gone! quick, frag now before you're eclipsed again!! woohoo! I killed a mender!... eclipsed again...

I'm not saying its impossible to take a resource with such a build but it IS impossible to fight a single opponent in an enemy-held resource because the guards almost completely shut you down.

Soo much easier with staff.

Soo much easier than staff is a stam build.

I mostly don't like how the guards' cc impacts some builds more than others - like massively more.

Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I want to know is what vision plans do the guards have, because sign me up.

For example: I'll be sneaking around IC, be standing spitting distance from some Daedra and they're all "la la la - nice weather we're having". But the guards? Holy crap, I can barely see the glow from the standard and those guys will spot me and start lobbing fireballs.
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ;) Naw, the guards are just fine. We just have to outsmart them (want to show those City guards a thing or two, they must be in Cyrodiil though) We just have to do better damage and outsmart them. Wait I said outsmart them, not guards outsmarting you. With 3 purple bubbles at same time. Sad times for us Magicka Folk indeed....
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.