The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Bard None

ProfesseurFreder
ProfesseurFreder
✭✭✭✭✭
I heard the male bard singing in my Coven Cottage that was SUPPOSEDLY exorcised of Evil Things. This reawakens my hatred for the male bard.

He should be sent to the Wayrest guillotine for his crimes against nature and music. The lady bard is pretty danged good -- but the guy is a Public Nuisance, and you can't even KILL the SOB -- I've tried many times!!!

I wish ZOS would fire the guy and find a replacement. Or make him killable. They could advertise "killable male bards" as a selling point for the next Chapter release.....
"Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
-- William Faulkner.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See! I knew I wasn't crazy! I HEARD THAT BARD SINGING AROUND MY COTTAGE!!! It's ruining mah immersiun!

I've been trying to find him, Blade of Woe in hand! Shaking uncontrollably and excited at the thought of forever silencing that annoying singer and sending his soul to the Void!

But I couldn't find him... he's so... well-hidden... and no one believes me that there's a bard stalking around my house...

When I do find him, he's gonna pay! Oh yes, he's gonna pay! PAY, I SAY! I'M NOT CRAZY

#BardsMustDie

Hail Sithis
    Edited by Tryxus on November 4, 2017 5:10PM
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bard is also haunting the Twin Arches home in Bangkorai. I ran all around the house outside to see where he could be hiding, but it seems to just be a ghostly voice in the patio area.

I, too, would be much happier if it was the female bard. If that bard was a crown store NPC I would buy it for some of my houses. But this guy has got to go.
  • wyterice24b14_ESO
    wyterice24b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently you haven't heard the whimsical instrument playing of the bard in the Brass Fortress Tavern... Real treat to the ears when you are used to what most bards sound like in this game.. Completely caught me off guard..
    Edited by wyterice24b14_ESO on November 4, 2017 5:20PM
    Happy Patch day!
  • victoriana-blue
    victoriana-blue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have an awesome for that thread title. XD
    CP 750+
    Never enough inventory space, even with storage coffers and a mule account
  • Darkhorse1975
    Darkhorse1975
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps it isnt a bard at all...just some guy with a ghetto blaster outside your house wall?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S5Y8tFQ01OY
    Master Craftsman!
  • Cloudless
    Cloudless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps it isnt a bard at all...just some guy with a ghetto blaster outside your house wall?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S5Y8tFQ01OY

https://youtube.com/watch?v=8yvEYKRF5IA
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had this back when I was previewing the coven cottage with a friend. They could not hear it, I could hear some dude playing and singing Red Diamond just beyond the wall, or possibly inside the wall.

I've had it also while I was working in my chateau. At first I thought it was someone trolling me, hiding in the hallways while playing a lute. Wouldn't be the first time. However, visitors count showed I was alone in there and the player /lute has no singing voice. The bard also sounded like she was either stuck between floors, or hanging somewhere in the air.

It's probably a client side bug.
  • Cloudless
    Cloudless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shawn_PT wrote: »
    I had this back when I was previewing the coven cottage with a friend. They could not hear it, I could hear some dude playing and singing Red Diamond just beyond the wall, or possibly inside the wall.

I've had it also while I was working in my chateau. At first I thought it was someone trolling me, hiding in the hallways while playing a lute. Wouldn't be the first time. However, visitors count showed I was alone in there and the player /lute has no singing voice. The bard also sounded like she was either stuck between floors, or hanging somewhere in the air.

Please bump this thread as much as possible, it's slowly turning into creepypasta material.
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cloudless wrote: »
    Shawn_PT wrote: »

Please bump this thread as much as possible, it's slowly turning into creepypasta material.

It's indeed a horror story. I am fed up with all bards' musics and having an invisible, unkillable singing ghost in my house is the stuff of nightmares.
  • Zhaedri
    Zhaedri
    ✭✭✭✭
    I heard the bard twice in my cottage.. same area, different songs. You think the male bard is bad singing Red Diamond? Try Red Diamond overlapped with the song about Ayrenn.

I've come across quite a bit of the bard glitch lately, even the double-bard in open world, and the mysterious disembodied bard in wilderness areas or areas of town where no bards are.

At first I thought it was kinda neat. I love the bard songs in this game, and frequently find myself humming or singing one to myself outside of game through my day. Now it is a nuisance though.

@Zhaedri PC NA

• ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say, DAMN THE BARD!

For -- unlike the male bard in the game, "Damh The Bard" can actually sing....

https://youtu.be/_AQeUkoH26U
    "Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
    -- William Faulkner.
  • Dunnn
    Dunnn
    ✭✭✭
    The Phantom Bard Beckons: An ESO Horror Story
    Swims-In-Coffee [Argonian Stamblade EP]
    D'ar Nomad [Khajit Stamblade EP]
    Pepe Sillvia [Wood Elf Stamblade EP]
    Trips-Over-Tail [Argonian Crafter! EP]
  • Larsay
    Larsay
    ✭✭✭
    All I have to say...

LOL
    Guild Leader of CtrlAltElite
    Heidi Oakheart - Nord - Dragon Knight - Trial Tank - Stormproof
    Drinda Ebonheart - Imperial - Nightblade - Trial Tank - Stormproof
    Larsay Faithhealer - Breton - Templar - Trial Healer - Stormproof
    Ingrid Winterborn - Redguard - Dragon Knight - Stamina DPS -Stormproof
    Elina Hailstorm - Bosmer - Sorcerer - Stamina DPS - Stormproof
    Gwen Stormarrow - Breton - Sorcerer - Magicka DPS - Stormproof
    Regina Lightbringer - Redguard - Templar - Stamina DPS - Stormproof

Notable Clears vHRC HM, vAA HM, vSO HM, vMoL, vAS
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :D I heard two different ones in hundings

P.S it's hard to Target items in witch house or is it just me?
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am all for having killable bards in game, along with any NPC that feels the need to make snarky comments as you walk by.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • Mannix1958
    Mannix1958
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its not just the homes...those bards have some powerful lungs...or telepathic powers...or somehow get in your head. I was out farming mats in the wilds of Wrothgar by some rocks & streams and there was HER haunting voice singing clearly. I had a guildmate travel to me & she could not hear her. But yet I heard the singer perform several numbers while waiting for my friend.
  • sabretalon
    sabretalon
    ✭✭
    I was overland just finishing a few odd quests and then this tune starts up, with some bloke singing. Wondered what was going on. Could not see anyone around.
    Xbox One EU servers

GamerID: Sabretalon

Also have it on PS4 but not my focus console

Casual play, explorer and altaholic. ESO+ member

• DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    It freaks me out, have him in Delves, at Home, everywhere, The Ghost Bard is following me:)
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last night the ghostly bard struck again. Or maybe I just paid more attention as my music was almost silent. The ghostly bard (or the voice in this case) spawned right next to the Wayshrine when I ported to Marbruk. It struck me because she was playing at first and I looked at the surrounding players and none of them had a lute. Then everyone bar one person moved away and the bard started singing which is something players cannot do.

I looked thoroughly around the area to see if there was a bard there. I didn't remember one but I might be wrong. There was none. And when pinpointing the voice it came from a few feet next to the shrine, on a spot where there was nothing and no one. Just the disembodied voice with the lute.

I moved around the city, the bard stayed put. It was still there when I went back to the shrine to port out and thankfully, it didn't follow me to Anvil. What a relief.

Except that as soon as I climbed down the outlaws refuge ladder there she was again, her disembodied voice singing from between the wooden planks. Relogging made no difference.

Also, I've had her voice spawn right next to the bard that stands above the outlaws refuge on Elden root as well, which only made it worse because there was a proper bard in there already, and they were both praising the elf queen at the same time, making it unbearable on the ears. Please make it stop! At least give us a toggle to mute ALL bards in the game. Red Diamond isn't the best track all around. And it only gets worse after you heard it a thousand times.
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Night mind where u at..should be all over this