Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Locked Out Of Account / ZOS CS Fails.

mrplops
mrplops
✭✭✭
I want to say how fed up I am with the Customer Service.

I don't want help because I know I wont get it. I just want to complain publicly and denounce support for doing a crappy job.

I have 4 accounts. One account is locked out with a CP 250ish toon and purchased DLC.

The account is locked out because of a firewall or something that AVAST created and blocked the security code email that ZOS sends.

Each account is myfistname.lastname@gmail.com

I know the password for the account.

However, I do not know the security question. I created the account 2 or more years ago. I dont remember. I can answer almost all the other questions associated with the account and because my *** NAME is on each account you would think they would cut me a little slack. However, that is not the case.

And yes, I have used the correct channels to recover my account. I have been trying to get it back for a year or so.

[Edit to remove bashing]
Edited by [Deleted User] on November 8, 2017 6:13PM
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Avast caused a problem which can't be resolved as you've forgotten your security answer - you know, the bit that's intended to protect your account against hackers and which you're supposed to make instantly memorable or else write down somewhere secure.

I've got that ok, the bit I'm stuck on is how it's all ZOS's fault.

However, I'm sure that publicly insulting them will get it sorted for you.
    Edited by Tandor on November 7, 2017 10:03PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avast cannot block your browser from seeing the email that ZOS is sending, and if it tries, uninstall it. Check your GMail spam folders from a browser. Find the old emails to make sure they are getting to your account. Attempt to log into ESO with the password you know, check GMail using your browser in the same place the other emails were found.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • mrplops
    mrplops
    ✭✭✭
    Tandor I dont appreciate your reply.

The fault lays on ZOS CS because they cant think of their tiny box enough to see that I can answer all of their questions. MY NAME IS ON THE ACCOUNT email FFS.

As far as getting it sorted. If you read my post, I am not looking for help. I just want to say how bad cs is.
  • Nyghthowler
    Nyghthowler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mrplops wrote: »
    Tandor I dont appreciate your reply.

The fault lays on ZOS CS because they cant think of their tiny box enough to see that I can answer all of their questions. MY NAME IS ON THE ACCOUNT email FFS.

As far as getting it sorted. If you read my post, I am not looking for help. I just want to say how bad cs is.

If you didn't appreciate @Tandor response, you won't like this one either.
    You admit it is a problem with AVAST, but you want to throw a tantrum on the forums and insult ZoS because of it? A couple words come to mind, but they will just show up as asterisk so not worth the effort.
    I'm not prejudiced; I hate everyone equally !
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you further insult ZOS because they can't see that you can answer all their questions, having already stated that you can only answer "almost all" their questions, and specifically not the one designed to protect your account. Frankly the fact that you don't appreciate my previous reply (or this one no doubt) is water off a duck's back, what I find frustrating is that you're posting not for assistance but purely in order to rant against ZOS when it's not remotely their fault, they're just trying to keep your account secure against anyone attempting to gain control of it without all the necessary authorisation. The key to most account hacks is the theft of a player's user ID and email address, which is why they need the additional security information you can't provide.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can 100% guarantee that no one else in the world has your exact first and last name, you might have a point that ZOS could cut you some slack because your first and last name match the ones on the account in question.

Otherwise, be glad that ZOS protects your account from all the other people with your exact first and last name who don't know the answer to your security question either.

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone gave the OP an "insightful" and another an "awesome" ... (facepalm)