Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

NB is now top dog and is op.

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Killset wrote: »
    @Killset just to be clear, I'm supposed to remain active in the high end dueling community when people cry about every little thing you do in a duel. Furthermore, all warden heals are bugged to heal duelers, plus the mudball glitch...

I'm in BGs heavy tho and you can catch me there all the time, you've got my GT bud, I'd love to get to know you, who doesn't want more people to play with? I'm also interested in your stamplar setup for cwc now that stamplar is almost as magika dependent as stam sorc.

I suppose if you really want to duel a BG support spec then you can :)

I could care less whether we duel or not. As for the Stamplar comment I made earlier, I said it was top tier now, not CWC. Its monstrous now. Built and played properly it’s nasty without a hard counter class for the most part.

Maybe you could let me know some good stamplars then? I literally haven't seen one. I fought two supposedly good ones the other day, one was cheesing meridias(and still lost) the other one was just turtling on SnB bar then trying to "1 shot" me with a Dizzying-DBoS combo and eventually lost. I'm not saying you're wrong, I just haven't fought any stamplars that were particularly scary this patch and the only things in the kit I find appealing are purge/potl

Did cooqeh come back? I thought his account was sold.

Stamplars do really well on PC NA but they’re better in small groups than in 1v1s. Their pressure level is insane if they’re running full push. Put a stamplar and a stamden on a train together focusing targets and both using stampede and the targets will die very fast.

Everything is good in small group, literally every class spec brings something great to a small group. This is like the worst logic man, come on.

What part of their kit aside from potl and ritual is appealing? Am I missing something? I'm not discrediting those things, I'm just curious where this "powerhouse" statement came from.

Purify is great but it doesn't give snare immunity, shuffle barely does in heavy. The sustain is poor if you can prevent repentance. They're tied to 2h for a burst heal and that limits their defensive ultimate options, or their offensive potential
    Edited by Lexxypwns on November 3, 2017 3:56PM
  • Killset
    Killset
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Killset just to be clear, I'm supposed to remain active in the high end dueling community when people cry about every little thing you do in a duel. Furthermore, all warden heals are bugged to heal duelers, plus the mudball glitch...

I'm in BGs heavy tho and you can catch me there all the time, you've got my GT bud, I'd love to get to know you, who doesn't want more people to play with? I'm also interested in your stamplar setup for cwc now that stamplar is almost as magika dependent as stam sorc.

I could care less whether we duel or not. As for the Stamplar comment I made earlier, I said it was top tier now, not CWC. Its monstrous now. Built and played properly it’s nasty without a hard counter class for the most part.

Maybe you could let me know some good stamplars then? I literally haven't seen one. I fought two supposedly good ones the other day, one was cheesing meridias(and still lost) the other one was just turtling on SnB bar then trying to "1 shot" me with a Dizzying-DBoS combo and eventually lost. I'm not saying you're wrong, I just haven't fought any stamplars that were particularly scary this patch and the only things in the kit I find appealing are purge/potl

Kickback120 comes to mind... He’s a beast. I dueled a Stamplar named War Pxrty the other day and he was probably running the same build... Stupid damage.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ashamray wrote: »
    What do you guys feel about DD magplar? I'm playing too rarely since HoTR, can't make a volume opinion. Looks like Total Dark morph of Eclipse is kinda funny in a small scale.

The problem with magplar DD is 1) you WILL get focused as hard as if you were a heal tank and 2) unless you have a dedicated healer you end up healing when your group is under pressure. It makes it hard to go full damage when you have to mitigate so much, and hard to time your burst on someone when you stop to throw someone a BoL.

I compromise by adding regen to support the extra BoL's and I'm still in heavy even though I'd like to find a light build that works for me.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Stamplars do really well on PC NA but they’re better in small groups than in 1v1s. Their pressure level is insane if they’re running full push. Put a stamplar and a stamden on a train together focusing targets and both using stampede and the targets will die very fast.

Everything is good in small group, literally every class spec brings something great to a small group. This is like the worst logic man, come on.

What part of their kit aside from potl and ritual is appealing? Am I missing something? I'm not discrediting those things, I'm just curious where this "powerhouse" statement came from.

Purify is great but it doesn't give snare immunity, shuffle barely does in heavy. The sustain is poor if you can prevent repentance. They're tied to 2h for a burst heal and that limits their defensive ultimate options, or their offensive potential

Well, Burning Light and Piercing Spear are pretty cool. (Burning Light is a proc set that can crit, except you don't have to give up any gear slots for it.) Jabs + Blood Craze + PotL is the best combo against blocking targets available to stamina builds that aren't Wardens. But you're right, Purge + PotL is the lion's share of why stamplar is appealing. And PotL in particular is an extremely potent skill for a small group to have access to, on par with stamsorcs' access to Negate and outpacing any group utility that stamblades or stamDKs bring to the table. Combine that utility with superior offensive pressure to what stamsorcs have, and you get a spec that both benefits from being in a small group and benefits that group more than other non-Warden stam classes do.

Everything you said in your last paragraph is true. :'(
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Killset
    Killset
    ✭✭✭✭

I did not mean to come off confrontational earlier it’s just that I see people post stuff on the forums about this class needing buffed and that class needing nerfed and I nearly lose my mind. I wonder who these people fight because I’m telling you right now MagNB, Stamwarden, MagDK, Mag Sorc, and Stamplar are top of the food chain. MagNB and Stam Warden number 1 and the rest coming in at close second. Obviously this is more from a dueling standpoint. If you look at overall performance ( 1v1, small scale, 1vX, and BGs) I feel like Mag Sorc outperforms Mag NB. Magplar is strong in groups obviously.

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Kickback120 comes to mind... He’s a beast. I dueled a Stamplar named War Pxrty the other day and he was probably running the same build... Stupid damage.

Ive literally never heard of kickback, but that's no more valid than not knowing you. War Pxrty is good.

I'm not saying anything except stam warden needs a nerf and even then just 10-15% damage reduction on sub, maybe add that damage back as a DoT. Most classes are balanced but some things are just better than others. That's fine though as long as it's within a certain spectrum.

Edit: tbh, I'm mostly just shocked by the stamplar statement since, despite their strengths, they have some clear weaknesses that clever builds and players can capitalize on, this still requires you to outplay the stamplar, but it's weaknesses are easier to exploit than other specs
    Edited by Lexxypwns on November 3, 2017 5:19PM
  • Arkangeloski
    Arkangeloski
    ✭✭✭✭

He never sold his acct. Quick q?... wasn't this thread about how op or not op nb was? Im confussed half is about nb s**** and the other half is about S.plar or M.plar crap... sorry if im rude, but this is just f*** bonkers mate :s
    Edited by Arkangeloski on November 3, 2017 6:21PM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hard to explain on a message board but stamplars are really good at hitting an enemy’s backfield because of extended ritual. Not only does it mean that their backfield is snared, but it means your melee train (which hopefully is all running stampede) has a purge available in case they get CCd and kited. If the enemy DPS drops back then the ritual will help you prekite them. If you run warden or DK tanks you cant be as aggressive with the push because you’ll get kited by the opponents backfield (usually a mag sorc and magplar, sometimes mag warden and magplar).

I know from other posts that you run more of an extension group/build. Stamplars are nice there but not as nice as a DK or warden. Stamplars shine more in full push groups where you skip the enemy’s front and gapclose straight to their squishies or high priority targets in the back.

Watch some of dubzug’s stream on twitch. I think his username is DubzugPvP. He does an amazing job with target selection and aggressively pushing through enemies to invert the fight.
    Edited by Thogard on November 3, 2017 6:55PM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who cares if they are OP. Wait for the next quarter and the next patch and some thing else will be OP. I am sure we will all survive the horror of a NB doing a little more damage.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Egos are in full swing in this one
  • Stamicka
    Stamicka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to agree, magnb is pretty strong when played well, but I just don't tend to run into many who know what they're doing lol. I'd say I find most magnbs in pvp are bombers or are running necro and shield stacking. I play both stam and mag in pvp and while stam definitely has the in and out burst style I enjoy, my magnb can take a beating in all light armour without shields just because of how insane their healing is. All in all though, I'd say top dog in cyro goes to stamdens.

On Xbox, haven't ran into anyone as good as @Lexxypwns I know they exist, just very rare

Where do you expect to run into them?... I never see you in dueling areas or populated campaigns. There are plenty off good magblades. I am in no way trying to be confrontational I just think sometimes you paint a picture that isn’t accurate for Xbox NA.

You often times mention Lexxypwns/Champion Points and yet I never see him either. 99% of the best Xbox players do not read and do not post on these forums (for the most part). And Stamplar is the hidden powerhouse this patch imho.

im at all the duel spots and in BGs.

Also solo in cyrodiil so your "small scale" doesn't see me. As for stamplar, you know it's nerfed even more in cwc

Weird... All the dueling spots must not include Stormhaven or Mournhold... The two biggest ones... Oh well.

On eu we have regular dueling tournies so people that into 1v1 pretty much know who the good players are when it comes to dueling. . Last one with 50 plus contestants a very good stamplar beat a good stamden in finals.
    I know who the good players are on Xbox NA

Who are people considered good on Xbox NA? Most of the elitists are gone now.

Edited by Stamicka on November 4, 2017 1:49AM
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamicka wrote: »
    I have to agree, magnb is pretty strong when played well, but I just don't tend to run into many who know what they're doing lol. I'd say I find most magnbs in pvp are bombers or are running necro and shield stacking. I play both stam and mag in pvp and while stam definitely has the in and out burst style I enjoy, my magnb can take a beating in all light armour without shields just because of how insane their healing is. All in all though, I'd say top dog in cyro goes to stamdens.

On Xbox, haven't ran into anyone as good as @Lexxypwns I know they exist, just very rare

Where do you expect to run into them?... I never see you in dueling areas or populated campaigns. There are plenty off good magblades. I am in no way trying to be confrontational I just think sometimes you paint a picture that isn’t accurate for Xbox NA.

You often times mention Lexxypwns/Champion Points and yet I never see him either. 99% of the best Xbox players do not read and do not post on these forums (for the most part). And Stamplar is the hidden powerhouse this patch imho.

Also solo in cyrodiil so your "small scale" doesn't see me. As for stamplar, you know it's nerfed even more in cwc

Weird... All the dueling spots must not include Stormhaven or Mournhold... The two biggest ones... Oh well.

On eu we have regular dueling tournies so people that into 1v1 pretty much know who the good players are when it comes to dueling. . Last one with 50 plus contestants a very good stamplar beat a good stamden in finals.

Who are people considering good on Xbox NA? Most of the elitists are gone now.

I'm also curious about this list. There's for sure good players left but every time I duel it's just a bunch of salt lords crying about whatever killed them
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I find the best people i fight are people I've never heard of. Overall though the dueling scene has gotten so boring though because no one knows how to take a loss. There are still good players though. They just aren't as popular as some of the old players but they are just as good
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Was it React running meridias? Lol
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Was it React running meridias? Lol

Nah, it was a notorious blue stamplar that runs double DoT poisons on a dw front bar, but I did 1 bang react in a BG on a flag in a Dom match the other day, he'll swear it didn't happen but he caught the Sub-dive-DboS with his buffs down and didn't have time to proc meridias since I set the combo up out of los. When I dueled him last though I didn't have vigor unlocked on my stam warden, we went like 5 minutes before I just couldn't deal with the pressure when he proc'ed meridias. With vigor it would have been a stalemate at worst though.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on November 3, 2017 11:18PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't ran a BiS build in a long time.

Maybe I should do that again
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't ran a BiS build in a long time.

Maybe I should do that again

You should, come to the dark side.
  • Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm also curious about this list. There's for sure good players left but every time I duel it's just a bunch of salt lords crying about whatever killed them
    ^This. Duelling is fun and all if I'm super bored, but at the end of the day it's just a drama fest of cheese, egos, and salt. I only care about open world performance, and in that case the only people I have ever been truly impressed by were shieldstacker, zjars, and morning kush though I'm not sure any of them even play anymore.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

^This. Duelling is fun and all if I'm super bored, but at the end of the day it's just a drama fest of cheese, egos, and salt. I only care about open world performance, and in that case the only people I have ever been truly impressed by were shieldstacker, zjars, and morning kush though I'm not sure any of them even play anymore.

I just saw shieldstacker in wayrest last week or the week before and I thought MK still did small scale but on his AD now?

Add statical to that list for me as well.
  • Stamicka
    Stamicka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well we’ve kind of ruined this thread for the person complaining about Nightblades lol, someone should make a thread for us to discuss this Xbox NA Stuff
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Very true statement
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just saw shieldstacker in wayrest last week or the week before and I thought MK still did small scale but on his AD now?

Why don’t u answer my Xbox dms?

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    zParallaxz wrote: »

Why don’t u answer my Xbox dms?

Not on right now, haven't been on since this morning, I'll either be on later or this weekend. Don't worry, I'm gonna duel you <3
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weird. I must be doing something wrong because my StamNB is dying a lot in some dense overland trash groups when I solo and try to blitz through. Now, he's not full build yet, but he just seems squishy as all hell.

On average stamblade is the squishiest and easiest to kill class in the game. There are ways to mitigate that to varying extents, but their bread and butter is their obscenely high burst.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blanco wrote: »
    Weird. I must be doing something wrong because my StamNB is dying a lot in some dense overland trash groups when I solo and try to blitz through. Now, he's not full build yet, but he just seems squishy as all hell.

On average stamblade is the squishiest and easiest to kill class in the game. There are ways to mitigate that to varying extents, but their bread and butter is their obscenely high burst.

I don't think that's true at all if you just look at the class's skills and passives. It only becomes true when you look at the players who play the class.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭

Hmm interesting. I know I saw shieldstacker on DC awhile ago, just not as frequently as I used to see him. Haven't seen kush in months though. As for Statical ehh my only experience with them is when they ran away from me on stamsorc after they started losing :disappointed:.

Honestly all the people I used to think were decent seem to have disappeared and now we're left with giant zergballs for the most part. I have a hard time finding any small scale stuff, and when I do get a good 1vx or 2vx going then the second it's over they come back with what feels like the whole faction :lol:.

I'd like to duel you and @Waffennacht sometime, would be a blast :smiley:!
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmm interesting. I know I saw shieldstacker on DC awhile ago, just not as frequently as I used to see him. Haven't seen kush in months though. As for Statical ehh my only experience with them is when they ran away from me on stamsorc after they started losing :disappointed:.

Honestly all the people I used to think were decent seem to have disappeared and now we're left with giant zergballs for the most part. I have a hard time finding any small scale stuff, and when I do get a good 1vx or 2vx going then the second it's over they come back with what feels like the whole faction :lol:.

:) I get excited when I see anyone from the forums, like we're apart of some special group lol.

Got paired with Hebrew hammer on domination, it was real fun, we won obviously even short handed
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cant stand NBs in BG.

Their mechanics give them an advantage that is absolutely game breaking.

The combo Eternal hunt/Stealth is invincible.

Just have a look at the BG scores and come tell me they are balanced whatsoever.

They drive me mad to the point I ve started to hunt them instead of playing the objectives.
    Edited by Vanzen on November 4, 2017 8:56AM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanzen wrote: »
    Cant stand NBs in BG.

Their mechanics give them an advantage that is absolutely game breaking.

The combo Eternal hunt/Stealth is invincible.

Just have a look at the BG scores and come tell me they are balanced whatsoever.

They drive me mad to the point I ve started to hunt them instead of playing the objectives.

If you want to beat NBs in the BGs, just play the objectives...

THeir playstyle is annoying, but a hit-and-vanish NB will never be a real playmaker in the BGs... their defense precludes anything objective-based, and in deathmatch they have to kite away from their team...

DOnt worry about beating the NB 1 on 1 when he ambushes you while youre sprintin gaorund the map. Just be happy when your team wins and the NB's team loses.

• zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What about me?