Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

question for the PC DKs

scipionumatia
scipionumatia
✭✭✭✭
How are yall doing in CWC? is it as bad as we expected in the PTS threads or have yall figured out a way to adapt and if so what have you done to adapt?
Scipio Numantia Red guard Nightblade PvP- AD
Scipio Asiaticus Khajiit Nightblade (CRAFTER/DPS) PvE- EP
Altmer Nightblade PvP- EP
Fueoculto Breton Templar (DPS) PvE- EP
Rasoculto Orc Dragon Knight PvP- EP
Caethus Argonian Templar (HEAL) PvE- EP
Vale Oso Nord Sorc (DPS) PvE- AD
Sir-Galahad-the-pure Altmer Sorc (DPS) PvE- EP
Scipionumantine Imperial Templar PvP- EP
Un-bearable Imperial Warden PVP- EP
Vale Bear Altmer Warden PvP- EP
Baits-All-Zergs Argonian Dragon knight PVP- DC
  • Thestephenmcraeub17_ESO
    Nothing has changed for me, though I personally never used Petrify or wings, so maybe I'm a bad example. As far as PvE DK, everything is fine as I see it.
  • scipionumatia
    scipionumatia
    ✭✭✭✭
    how about burst healing? since we have to run forward momentum instead of rally because of shuffle removal.
  • Thestephenmcraeub17_ESO
    how about burst healing? since we have to run forward momentum instead of rally because of shuffle removal.

For stam DK, Vigor should be your main heal. Magicka DKs can run Dragon Blood or Burning Embers for the most optimal healing
  • Extinct_Solo_Player
    Extinct_Solo_Player
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stam dks lost burst healing with this patch so its very hard to recover from things such as incap etc
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A huge blade, lots of healing, add a large dash of assorted fire effects and a boat load of armour... things are just fine at the moment...
  • scipionumatia
    scipionumatia
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Extinct_Solo_Player yeah that's what I was afraid of. doesn't matter how much armor you have if you cant recover from a simple burst. DK is my favorite class to play but I might have to bench mine this patch and play stamplar or stamden til DK gets fixed. Either that or play my DK in medium armor and keep my build but be cannon fodder.

Not a fan of constant sweeping changes.
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen ALOT of people leveling up new stam wardens during the event on ps4.
  • NobleX35
    NobleX35
    ✭✭✭✭
    From a pvp perspective I did not want to lose my burst heal from rally and I also wanted to keep shuffle, so I made the swap to medium. With my build I actually have more consistently high WD (3.3k unbuffed) and have better resistances than I did while in heavy. All-in-all I am actually quite happy with the swap and have been having a lot more fun.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war."
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spare yourself the misery of trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. Make a stamden. Even before the patch, it was the easiest class to run medium armor on.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• scipionumatia
    scipionumatia
    ✭✭✭✭
    @GothicPython are you running that new crafted set that adds 5k resistances?
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Spare yourself the misery of trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. Make a stamden. Even before the patch, it was the easiest class to run medium armor on.

Dude, stamden is perfectly balanced
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    start leveling your stamina warden now, don't even bother with DK, there bottom of the totem pole atm
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • NobleX35
    NobleX35
    ✭✭✭✭
    @scipionumatia I am, but I only get the 5 piece bonus on my back bar.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    stamDk is now officially the underdog of all the toons in the game.

• TheNorthernDragon
    TheNorthernDragon
    ✭✭✭
    Doing fine in PvE! "Underdog," my a$$.
    Edited by TheNorthernDragon on November 2, 2017 12:23PM
  • vMaick
    vMaick
    ✭✭✭

Don't be a noob, drop heavy and learn to play in medium.

Medium has more healing(dont need forward because you use shuffle, so can use rally + medium gives crit chance) more damage (obviously) and more mitigation than heavy (can use shuffle, and dodge 15%) Only advantages that heavy has is a little more resistance.

Oh yeah and of course heavy's sustain is ***.

For real stop using heavy, its advantages are literally gone. Learn to adapt, and you will see an improvement in your plays
    Edited by vMaick on November 2, 2017 1:37PM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

CWC changes were purely PvP based.

I'm doing vMA with impen heavy hundings rage.
    Thats how ''hard'' PvE is. Please stop talking about stuff you have no clue about.

PS: Also stop giving alcast pvp builds to newbies. you are wasting their mats.

Edited by Ragnarock41 on November 2, 2017 1:44PM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    vMaick wrote: »

Medium has more healing(dont need forward because you use shuffle, so can use rally + medium gives crit chance) more damage (obviously) and more mitigation than heavy (can use shuffle, and dodge 15%) Only advantages that heavy has is a little more resistance.

For real stop using heavy, its advantages are literally gone. Learn to adapt, and you will see an improvement in your plays

Lol, obviously a nb main or not a PvP player at all.
    Just go and actually use it in cyrodiil, I guarantee you will throw your medium gear out and switch back to heavy in 2 hours max.
    Not to mention that all the Nbs, stamsorcs, stamwardens are gonna outperform you because they have faster, more versatile skillsets.

PS:
    To be real the reason I can't take you serious is that you call a DK player ''noob'' for using the armor that is literally meant for him to wear and not the one meant for stealth users. Which makes zero sense.
    Battle roar/helping hands have ZERO synergies with medium armor. literally zero.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on November 2, 2017 3:40PM
  • vMaick
    vMaick
    ✭✭✭

Just go and actually use it in cyrodiil, I guarantee you will throw your medium gear out and switch back to heavy in 2 hours max.
    Not to mention that all the Nbs, stamsorcs, stamwardens are gonna outperform you because they have faster, more versatile skillsets.

PS:
    To be real the reason I can't take you serious is that you call a DK player ''noob'' for using the armor that is literally meant for him to wear and not the one meant for stealth users. Which makes zero sense.
    Battle roar/helping hands have ZERO synergies with medium armor. literally zero.

I am a dk, stamdk in medium and magdk in light. I have played this game since consoles launch and have almost never used heavy. The times I did I switched back pretty fast; its slow, doesn't provide enough damage and its sustain sucks. You can get survivability from other sources, don't need heavy
    Edited by vMaick on November 2, 2017 7:53PM
  • NobleX35
    NobleX35
    ✭✭✭✭

PS:

Sorry man, but @vMaick is right. Heavy imo is not really that spectacular anymore and you can easily switch to medium and be more effective.

Here's what you lose from heavy:

1. 2800 resistance rating if you go from 5H/2M to 5M/2H (this can easily be made up elsewhere)
    2. 6% health (again easily reacquired elsewhere)
    3. A rather negligible amount of regen from constitution (almost not even worth mentioning because of how much they've nerfed that passive)
    4. 8% healing received (this one hurts the most, but can be made up with CP)

Here's what you gain by running medium:

1. 1600 more critical rating
    2. Better sustain due to skill cost decrease and increased regen
    3. 12% weapon damage
    4. Increased movement speed
    5. You get to keep shuffle
    6. You get to keep your burst heal from continuing to run rally.

The pro's out way the cons, especially since most of the cons can be compensated.
    Edited by NobleX35 on November 2, 2017 9:22PM
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    btw I recommend any heavy DK's try at least 5 medium in fortified brass as the bonus stacks with majors.

5 med with more armor then I had before and able to use shuffle again plus better stam efficiency, crit, move speed, dodge and sprint cost reduction, etc. plus you get to run rally instead of forward momentum.

I'm finally back to being slippery and hard to kill in PvP again

so at least 5 med, fortified brass, enjoy
    Edited by Wing on November 2, 2017 10:32PM
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • TheNorthernDragon
    TheNorthernDragon
    ✭✭✭

CWC changes were purely PvP based.

I'm doing vMA with impen heavy hundings rage.
    Thats how ''hard'' PvE is. Please stop talking about stuff you have no clue about.

PS: Also stop giving alcast pvp builds to newbies. you are wasting their mats.

Ooohh, a fan!

I speak from my own experiences, and I'll do as I effin' please. I don't take orders from you. You don't like what I have to say, don't read it.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't give a damn about what a dunmer stamDk thinks is good.
    As for the fortified brass Its gonna perform like armor master set.
    in other words Its meh.
    Resistances and armor passive alone wont make a build.
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PS:

Yeah your right heavy does best with stam dk, it was born there and will die there. What people don’t realize is med doesn’t allow you to face tank multiple people like heavy I.e why stam blades, stam sorcs, and stamdens benefit from med more.

• zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My ideal buff to med would be to give a raw stat boost such as adds x% of max stam for each piece of medium. Maybe around the range for a total of 9-13% more max stam. That would bring med in line with heavy and la.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    zParallaxz wrote: »
    My ideal buff to med would be to give a raw stat boost such as adds x% of max stam for each piece of medium. Maybe around the range for a total of 9-13% more max stam. That would bring med in line with heavy and la.

That would not bring it in line.
    That would bring it over the top.
    You would end up with crazy strong stamblades and still *** stamDks/templars,
    sadly as long as the core mechanics of those classes are same, they are stuck in heavy armor.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on November 3, 2017 2:22PM