Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

As a stamden

devilsTear
devilsTear
✭✭✭
Why do people run bull netch and forward momentum? I get that they give different effects but they both give the major brutality buff so isn't it redundant to run them both?
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bull netch adds 2% damage for slotting and restores stamina. If there's nothing else you need it deserves consideration even with FM
  • devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭
    I get that but isn't it kinda wasted if netch is slotted backbar? Isn't the stam negligible?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    devilsTear wrote: »
    I get that but isn't it kinda wasted if netch is slotted backbar? Isn't the stam negligible?

300 Regen is huge
    It's free so re casting gives you a heal to trigger things even when out of resources
    Casting it triggers 4 ult
    Slotting it 2% more damage
    Restores stamina while blocking/sprinting
    Edit : for console atm... (not) affected by syphoner or cost increase poisons
    Edited by Waffennacht on October 31, 2017 11:58PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Patches760
    Patches760
    ✭✭
    Snares (if in heavy)
  • Syrusthevirus187
    Syrusthevirus187
    ✭✭✭✭
    Simply put; the benefits of running both for the extra effects they have besides the major brutality, is worth more then the 2 skills slots they take up. Plus wardens have a class burst heal so don't need rally.
  • Tormy
    Tormy
    ✭✭✭
    Depends if you need the regen or not. Also if you're not wearing heavy then ditch FM.
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, stamdens have so many desirable skills that's is quite hard to find a situation where 300 regen and 2% dmge is worth a slot.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm ditching netch.

Also legit question, who here is dying/getting kills from someone who uses crit rush? I've never used a gap closer on any warden build and never felt that I want for one, but folks seems to have some big issue with that.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    I'm ditching netch.

Also legit question, who here is dying/getting kills from someone who uses crit rush? I've never used a gap closer on any warden build and never felt that I want for one, but folks seems to have some big issue with that.

cirt rushing is just part of the burst.

especially if you are close enough to start channeling a heavy then crit rish to fire both at the same time into DoS, at ths same point sub assault should fire, and after the DoS you execute.

CONGRATS!

you just fired off
    -a heavy attack
    -critical rush
    -sub assault
    -dawnbreaker of smiting
    -executioner

all within less then a second

and all while having all the utility and versatility of a stamina warden

#BALLANCED!
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    I'm ditching netch.

especially if you are close enough to start channeling a heavy then crit rish to fire both at the same time into DoS, at ths same point sub assault should fire, and after the DoS you execute.

CONGRATS!

you just fired off
    -a heavy attack
    -critical rush
    -sub assault
    -dawnbreaker of smiting
    -executioner

#BALLANCED!

Honestly a roll dodge to left or right or forward counters half that, and second your opponent must be within melee range and not holding block. Sure SA goes through, nothing else does.

Also I see a minimum of 3 GCDs with no CC until the Execute phase.

Imo you're gonna want pollen in there too. Can't help but feel Invasion might even have a better outcome and can permablock
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm ditching netch.

CONGRATS!

you just fired off
    -a heavy attack
    -critical rush
    -sub assault
    -dawnbreaker of smiting
    -executioner

#BALLANCED!

Honestly a roll dodge to left or right or forward counters half that, and second your opponent must be within melee range and not holding block. Sure SA goes through, nothing else does.

Imo you're gonna want pollen in there too. Can't help but feel Invasion might even have a better outcome and can permablock

DBoS goes through dodge roll and will ideally hit before sub assault so that they both land. It’s a 1.1s combo if you start the timer from when stampede lands rather than from when it begins
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    I'm ditching netch.

CONGRATS!

you just fired off
    -a heavy attack
    -critical rush
    -sub assault
    -dawnbreaker of smiting
    -executioner

#BALLANCED!

DBoS goes through dodge roll and will ideally hit before sub assault so that they both land. It’s a 1.1s combo if you start the timer from when stampede lands rather than from when it begins

Well I'm saying SA won't land because your gapcloser missed as well, in my scenario you may indeed eat a DboS but that won't put you into execute range, and with the delay on wardens you should just heal back up - that's why pollen would be needed.

There's no reason a gap closer should land if you have resources
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

and yet they do, constantly, all the time in fact, because pvp, and humans, and all that.

ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got 100k gold that says I'll run out of dodge-roll Stamina, as a Magicka user, before the Stam Warden runs out of Stamina from gap close spamming. Once my Stamina is out, he can either execute the aforementioned burst combo, or quit spamming the gap closer and time a Dizzying Swing with his Subterranean Assault + Dawnbreaker + Execute for a free kill.
  • Tormy
    Tormy
    ✭✭✭
    Gap closer really isn't needed tbh
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SanTii.92 wrote: »
    Agreed, stamdens have so many desirable skills that's is quite hard to find a situation where 300 regen and 2% dmge is worth a slot.

Simple, for people that block, it restores your stam even though regen is disabled.

Tormy wrote: »
    Gap closer really isn't needed tbh

The DW variant is much more dangerous imo, since you pack more overall burst with the higher max stats the extra gear slot provides.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm ditching netch.

CONGRATS!

you just fired off
    -a heavy attack
    -critical rush
    -sub assault
    -dawnbreaker of smiting
    -executioner

#BALLANCED!

Well I'm saying SA won't land because your gapcloser missed as well, in my scenario you may indeed eat a DboS but that won't put you into execute range, and with the delay on wardens you should just heal back up - that's why pollen would be needed.

This is one of those things that sounds great in theory, but if you're going to make a claim like that you're really going to need to start streaming and posting a ton of vids, because that's just not how it works in the real world.

against most class you want to dodgeroll whatever comes AFTER the stampede and you dont want to do a 2x dodge roll, even if you're in medium... so yeah.
    Edited by Thogard on November 2, 2017 7:18AM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm ditching netch.

CONGRATS!

you just fired off
    -a heavy attack
    -critical rush
    -sub assault
    -dawnbreaker of smiting
    -executioner

#BALLANCED!

This is one of those things that sounds great in theory, but if you're going to make a claim like that you're really going to need to start streaming and posting a ton of vids, because that's just not how it works in the real world.

against most class you want to dodgeroll whatever comes AFTER the stampede and you dont want to do a 2x dodge roll, even if you're in medium... so yeah.

I have a very short open world no CP example, I'll post it here soon. My playing obviously isn't the best in it (imo) (should have injection up 100% - use the terrain better - finish off my opponent far earlier, but you'll see no gap closer landing)
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Thogard running stampede is a wasted bar slot. 2h warden is a worse version of both dw and S&B variants. I've mained stamwarden since release and I intend to main it regardless of nerfs/buffs, but if you're running a gap closer you're doing it wrong.

If you build it, they will come.
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Thogard running stampede is a wasted bar slot. 2h warden is a worse version of both dw and S&B variants. I've mained stamwarden since release and I intend to main it regardless of nerfs/buffs, but if you're running a gap closer you're doing it wrong.

This.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This.
    That’s great if you are running an extension group but if you want a hit and run burst combo then you’ll want to run stampede. Waiting for people to get to you is a great way to not be able to focus the right target. Against bad players you might be right but wardens don’t have any ranged CC that they can pair with a speed pot to get to their destination... especially if their destination is kiting them.

• Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This.
    That’s great if you are running an extension group but if you want a hit and run burst combo then you’ll want to run stampede. Waiting for people to get to you is a great way to not be able to focus the right target. Against bad players you might be right but wardens don’t have any ranged CC that they can pair with a speed pot to get to their destination... especially if their destination is kiting them.

My bad. I didn't realise you talking about gvg in bgs. I'm mainly talking about 1vX cyrodiil or dueling tournies perspectives.
    Edited by Ariades_swe on November 3, 2017 12:50AM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This.

My bad. I didn't realise you talking about gvg in bgs. I'm mainly about 1vX cyrodiil or dueling tournies.

ah yeah I can definitely agree with you about 1vX builds. dueling builds... maybe... but i think in that scenario you need the stampede for the snare rather than the gap close. If you have another snare such as heroic strike or hidden blade then yeah id def drop it too.

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This.

This.

My bad. I didn't realise you talking about gvg in bgs. I'm mainly about 1vX cyrodiil or dueling tournies.

ah yeah I can definitely agree with you about 1vX builds. dueling builds... maybe... but i think in that scenario you need the stampede for the snare rather than the gap close. If you have another snare such as heroic strike or hidden blade then yeah id def drop it too.

I still don't think you should run a gap closer on stamden. The range on sub is such that you can be behind your group and still land it and the DB-Sub combo is best saved for after some pressure has been applied. Corrupting pollen is a better use of a skill slot in every situation imo.

I also agree about 2h warden being inferior. You can break free from the miserable 2h skill line, do it!
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

This.

This.

I still don't think you should run a gap closer on stamden. The range on sub is such that you can be behind your group and still land it and the DB-Sub combo is best saved for after some pressure has been applied. Corrupting pollen is a better use of a skill slot in every situation imo.

I also agree about 2h warden being inferior. You can break free from the miserable 2h skill line, do it!

It's ***. Dive is so much more versatile than wb. Maybe 2h with wb replaced with dive would work in heavy. I see no point running 2h in medium though.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only merit to 2h is forward momentum. I've stuck with S&B (passives OP) and 2h buff/burst heal bar in 5x fury, 5x 7th Legion, 2x Blood Spawn for a while now and love the snare removal. I do miss running S&Bx2. I'm likely not as skilled or brave as @Lexxypwns to run medium.

Using 2h on a DPS bar is a strictly inferior choice in 1vX, small group, and large group play.
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm ditching netch.

CONGRATS!

you just fired off
    -a heavy attack
    -critical rush
    -sub assault
    -dawnbreaker of smiting
    -executioner

#BALLANCED!
    Switches stam warden for stam sorc and replaces beetles with implosion, changes stam sorc for stam dk and changes implosion for leap. This combo can legit be pulled on many characters.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zParallaxz wrote: »
    I'm ditching netch.

CONGRATS!

you just fired off
    -a heavy attack
    -critical rush
    -sub assault
    -dawnbreaker of smiting
    -executioner

#BALLANCED!
    Switches stam warden for stam sorc and replaces beetles with implosion, changes stam sorc for stam dk and changes implosion for leap. This combo can legit be pulled on many characters.

Not even close.

• Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    @zParallaxz compaing beetle to implosion lol and How do you leap and use dbos?
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jawasa wrote: »
    @zParallaxz compaing beetle to implosion lol and How do you leap and use dbos?

Ok the leap combo i was wrong about, i was a bit tired.But the combo still holds true for stam sorc.

Tbh, I just see a lot of people complaining about a class they never played and if they did play it was against potatoes and not a decently skilled player, and that applies to every class anyone has called op i.e stamdk at one point, stamblade at one point stam sorc at one point, magdk at one point, magsorc at one point, and now stamden. All the nerfs that came across these classes were caused by individuals of your mind set.

Lastly, to everyone's surprise I don't even main stamden but magdk.