Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

10 Million Stories Sweepstakes - excluded players

Shadowshire
Shadowshire
✭✭✭✭
As a Florida resident, it is not illegal for me to enter a sweepstakes (as far as I know). It is simply illegal for those administer the sweepstakes to award a prize to me perchance I win one. I don't whether it is illegal for me to accept such a prize. I haven't attempted to enter the 10 Million Stories Sweepstakes, so I don't know whether the process will not permit me to enter because of the State in which I reside. As I read the "rules", if I did enter the sweepstakes, then my entry probably would be considered invalid.

So, what I would like to know is whether a player must enter the sweepstakes to qualify for the in-game rewards described by:

In-Game Dungeon Event

Complete a random dungeon using the Dungeon Finder and earn bonus rewards: mounts, costumes, and more. Event live from Nov 30. To Dec. 6.

Surely you are smart enough to find ways to "reward" every player regardless of where they live. For a start, you could design and implement game software that has better features, and considerably fewer design flaws and source code bugs. And run it on a network that is a lot faster and more reliable than the so-called "megaserver" that Bethesda uses now. ZOS may have acquired 10 million player accounts to date, but I seriously doubt that 10 million people are actively playing the game.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • TRoclodyte
    TRoclodyte
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to know this as well. I happen to live in the province of Québec, making me ineligible for the big Awards.

Will I still be able to get in-game rewards from completing random dungeons?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't need to enter the sweepstakes for the in game items during the dungeons event, those are independent rewards.

However those who can do both apparently have more chance in the sweepstakes if they do dungeons (at least that was my reading).

Gina answered these in the official thread here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4610345
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    You don't need to enter the sweepstakes for the in game items during the dungeons event, those are independent rewards.

However those who can do both apparently have more chance in the sweepstakes if they do dungeons (at least that was my reading).

Gina answered these in the official thread here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4610345
    Thank-you for your reply and the hyperlink to the other discussion.

Yes, players who enter the sweepstakes will receive an additional "entry" for each day that they complete a dungeon during the "event" from Nov. 30 to Dec. 6 (inclusive) -- i.e., as many as seven bonus entries. Of course, the bonus entries per se are meaningless to anyone who is excluded by the rules from entering the sweepstakes.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi