Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Poll to fix (or at least add an "on/off" feature to) the Imperial fountain

Delphinia
Delphinia
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi all! I know this has been discussed many times and it seems like there are those of us who are interested in having the Imperial Fountain (Crown Store Only) actually be a working fountain.

It obviously can be done (ie. the ones in Cyrodiil and Coldharbour).

I am starting a poll and would like to see who out there would like to see this fountain's pump in working order.

@ZOS_MattFiror @ZOS_GinaBruno please review this small request (like the one you performed for the Skooma Bubbler) knowing what a huge difference it would make to many of your players.

Even if you could just allow for it to have an "activate/deactivate" feature, (so that it still could keep the current look for those who might possibly like that), that would still be very much appreciated.

[Edited title]
Edited by Delphinia on December 25, 2017 2:33PM

Poll to fix (or at least add an "on/off" feature to) the Imperial fountain 142 votes

Yes, I think this fountain should work and have flowing water.
93%
laurajfMallowCireouschuck-18_ESOnexxus_ESOBlueRavenWatchYourSixxkrisor67_ESOeternal.koor_ESOcalitrumanb14_ESOdeepseamk20b14_ESOArobainFunrukdurkhaThrudra_Magia gameswithaspoonDarcyMardinWhiteCoatSyndromewyterice24b14_ESOLadyAstrumDhukath 133 votes
No, I like it the way it is.
3%
SmoltMilwaukeeScottZbigb4lifePuzzlenutsMorgul667 5 votes
Other idea.
2%
WreuntzyllaAethereal'GoldenUnversedNumber3markdeloma 4 votes
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a sad commentary on the state of the Empire. Under the Longhouse Emperors, the fountains ceased to flow in protest of these barbarians sitting on the Ruby Throne. With the liberation of the Imperial City by Emperor Varen Aquilarios, the fountains once again flowed freely.

But then the Soulburst happened and the Dark Anchors heralding the Planemeld dropped. The Ruby Throne sits empty and three alliances war for the emperorship. Molag Bal's daedra march the streets of the Imperial City, killing its citizens and threatening the White-Gold Tower itself.

The fountains wait patiently for the return of the true emperor. When a Dragonborn heir of Alessia again sits on the Ruby Throne and bears the Amulet of Kings, the Imperial Fountains shall pour forth their water once more.
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if they'd sell more if it actually worked..
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought one ages ago without checking the small print. My fault, but was still really annoyed that it didn't have running water/jets at that large price. Someone likened it to a giant footbath here on the forum. Not sure what @ZO$ were thinking about when they put that in the Crown Store.
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    I bought one ages ago without checking the small print. My fault, but was still really annoyed that it didn't have running water/jets at that large price. Someone likened it to a giant footbath here on the forum. Not sure what @ZO$ were thinking about when they put that in the Crown Store.

Agreed. I certainly didn't suspect any fountain, especially this one they're selling, that has the same facade as those that are working, would actually not work. This was before, I think, any of us had the preview ability in game.
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Buys the fountain.* YAY! Now I can see water flowing all the time!

hqdefault.jpg

Oh ._.
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good day @ZOS_GinaBruno ,

I know there are and have been lots of requests for various additions or changes to furnishings, however the Imperial Fountain is one that has been an ongoing issue for many of us for months. As far as I know, we had no way to "preview" this item (if it was in pts, I wasn't aware, and things can change from there anyway.)

If most, (if not all), of your loyal players and housing enthusiasts would like to see the fountain they purchased (or would like to purchase) actually work and have flowing water, why not fix this?
    Especially since you were able to "fix" the Skooma Bubbler to be animated as the others are in the game already.

I can't speak for everyone, but I know I have put a great deal of money, time and effort into housing. It is what renewed my interest in this game.

At this time, we have 100% voting to fix this fountain. I don't know if that's enough for you and your team to justify adding the moving water, but I would hope that you would at least take our request seriously and review this issue for us.
    I know it would make a world of difference on how I feel about spending more money going forward.
    Many thanks for your time and continued efforts to improve your players' gaming experiences,
    Delph
    Edited by Delphinia on November 3, 2017 5:42PM
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I got it I Then placed it down to see it had no running water I was pretty pissed lol. It looks cool but the fact they couldn’t make this having running water seems really lazy.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I got it I Then placed it down to see it had no running water I was pretty pissed lol. It looks cool but the fact they couldn’t make this having running water seems really lazy.

Exactly! 100% agreed. In addition, if they can go back and fix the Skooma Bubbler so that it is animated and interactable, why not the fountain?
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good day @ZOS_RichLambert
    I do not know who to reach out to regarding this topic, but please take a moment to review.
    many thanks
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wanted to vote no just to be that one guy but as I have 2 of them I really want this
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If I can buy a house with a working fountain, why can't the ones from the Crown Store work? Not paying real monies for stuff I can get with gold.

• Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delphinia wrote: »
    I do not know who to reach out to regarding this topic, but please take a moment to review.
    many thanks

Fat chance.
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanted to vote no just to be that one guy but as I have 2 of them I really want this

I appreciate that (as well as your honesty) .. I know there are people who want to respond "no" just to troll.. but, really there seems to be no good reason why they won't give this item at least the same consideration and "fix" as some of the other housing items, ie. Skooma Bubbler and Lantern of Anguish.. all it took was someone posting a request for them to review and respond.
    If they give it a kind of "light", "activate", or "unclog" feature, those who really didn't want the fountain to have flowing water, would not have to. They could simply never flip the switch to get it working.
    For something that they have the ability to do, it seems like it would be a fairly simple task and one that may earn more crown store sales.. I know I'd probably buy more...

• Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    many thanks

Fat chance.

You are probably right.. but, it's worth a try. :smiley:
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every fountain should have running water just like the ones in the cities
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think they are like 1,500 crowns I could be wrong but they are not cheap should have running water
  • Funrukdurkha
    Funrukdurkha
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh. People pay $15 real-life money a pop for these furns, ZOS. Fix the damn fountain already!!! >:(
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #FixTheFountain
    please zos, if you already have the fountains in working order elsewhere (coldharbour/cyrodiil) and you have the ability to fix the bubbler and other similar items.. why not? Just give it an "on/off" switch so if there are players who like it as is, they can still have it the way it is currently...
  • Mallow
    Mallow
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to buy this fountain, but only if it''s, ya know, a FOUNTAIN.
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the on/off switch idea mentioned here. :)
  • Theodard
    Theodard
    ✭✭✭
    Don't own it, but when I see it I would prefer if it looked as one would expect.
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I swore I remember it working in pts at start.
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's interesting. I am glad to see them fixing other in game items, but I wonder why this one is being ignored for so long...
    Most of the other items they resolve are not crown store only, while this one is.
    So, I would think it would benefit them to support players who give them even more money above and beyond their subscriptions....
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's interesting. I am glad to see them fixing other in game items, but I wonder why this one is being ignored for so long...
    Most of the other items they resolve are not crown store only, while this one is.
    So, I would think it would benefit them to support players who give them even more money above and beyond their subscriptions....

One would think so, yes. But ZO$ works in mysterious ways. (Second part of that well-known phrase left out for total irrevelance, sadly.)
  • Aethereal'Golden
    Aethereal'Golden
    ✭✭✭
    Other idea.
    I want to see it working but with a function to turn water on and off. Some of us may use only part of that fountain - as a bath, for example, so we don't need water sprays coming from outside the wall...
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Venzardi wrote: »
    I want to see it working but with a function to turn water on and off. Some of us may use only part of that fountain - as a bath, for example, so we don't need water sprays coming from outside the wall...

100% Agree. I've been asking them to do just that very thing. The "activate/deactivate" feature I suggested in my original post would be a very welcome addition to this fountain. They did it for the Skooma Bubbler, why not the Crown Store Fountain? That way it would benefit everyone, and at least not interfere with those who may like it turned off. :)
    Edited by Delphinia on November 10, 2017 4:07PM
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other idea.
    I turn them upside down, so <shrug>.

Now if you ask for 20 meter water jets, I'm in, I can bury them in ways to have water flowing against gravity!
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it worked and you can turn it on/off they sell a ton of em I get 2 maybe 3 myself.
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it worked and you can turn it on/off they sell a ton of em I get 2 maybe 3 myself.

Exactly! Same here. I like the other two fountains (Vvardenfell & Dwarven), but this is my favorite .. have three, but would definitely buy more if they gave it this feature..as a crown store only item they would only stand to make more $ off their paying customers...starting to think my money isn’t good enough for them anymore:(
    Edited by Delphinia on November 11, 2017 10:30PM
  • Funrukdurkha
    Funrukdurkha
    ✭✭✭
    #FixTheFountain!!!

<3