Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wardens bear ultimate is Terrible.

regime211
regime211
✭✭✭✭✭
Honestly this was a waste of a ultimate slot, I got a enemy opponent below health to see if the bear would finish him off, and the guy didn't heal or nothing, the damn bear didn't even kill him. I mean come on this bear is useless other than being a shield for being incapped or ambushes. You guys could of seriously done better with the ultimate selection in the animal companion skill line lol.
Edited by regime211 on October 30, 2017 9:50PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My bear's tooltip is over 20k. If an opponent is in range and gets hit and doesn't die, that's on your build.

Now the bear isn't the greatest, but in your scenario, your dmg is too low
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s great against a target dummy.....
  • rossk25
    rossk25
    ✭✭✭
    I find the bear to be a great ultimate. One of my favs. Also with the animal companion passives, ulti regeneration is great.

The only thing I do not like is that it needs to be slotted on both bars otherwise it will unsommon the bear. They should change this to just leaving it on the one bar.
    Bosmer Magicka Templar - Dest/Resto Staff [ex Stamina Templar - Bow/DW]
    Dunmer Magicka DK - Dest/Resto staff
    Breton Magicka NB - [Dest/DW PvE] [Dest/Resto PvP]
    Bosmer Stamina Warden - Bow/2H
  • Jaxaxo
    Jaxaxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think some ppl find really nice use of this ult :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_4kXt6bmos&t=
    Forum War - pro AC side

EU PC Azura Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan/Ravenwatch
    Triggered Tryhards / Aetherius Art / LND / DC-PD

DC - Frostitute magden
    AD - Pees-under-Trees magden
    DC - Lemme Dark Deal stamsorc
    EP - Lemme Dark Déal stamsorc
    Youtube
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My bear's tooltip is over 20k. If an opponent is in range and gets hit and doesn't die, that's on your build.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever read, it's probably my build? Wth it clearly says on the warden bear tooltip on what the damage output is. Give me a break lol
    Edited by regime211 on October 31, 2017 1:33AM
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaxaxo wrote: »
    I think some ppl find really nice use of this ult :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_4kXt6bmos&t=

This video just shows it's trash lol
  • BloodWolfe
    BloodWolfe
    ✭✭✭✭
    regime211 wrote: »

That's the dumbest thing I've ever read, it's probably my build? Wth it clearly says on the warden bear tooltip on what the damage output is. Give me a break lol

You post no numbers or information about the enemy, the health of the enemy (max hp and what hp you got it down to) or any info on your spec, gear, stats, etc.... Others have no issues and use the bear just fine (sure it's not the best ult but it's not the worst either) so when someone says it may be your build then maybe ask and see what you could do to improve instead of writing it off as the "dumbest thing you have ever read".

Post something credible to support your claim or don't say anything at all. My bear does just fine for me but I use him when I solo only and switch it out for a different ult when grouped but I have no issues at all.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My point would be, unless your opponent has over 100k health, in execute range, the bear (and you said your opponent was allowing you to hit without any response) should straight up kill.
    Edited by Waffennacht on October 31, 2017 3:24PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • AnoVando
    AnoVando
    ✭✭
    I did a parse on my Stam warden this morning. I’m pulling about 30k dps. The bear contributed to nearly 5k of that....seems pretty solid to me. Ballista only pulls 2.5k if I’m lucky.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Bear is really strong, especially for solo play and smallscale, and it has been beefed up considerably with the CwC update.

Thing is tho: you just can't slap the Bear onto any build, you have to build specifically for it. Like what I did. (Shameless advertising ;) )

But the damage it does is really nice:

G9ksEw2.png

The 7300 was a regular attack while my opponent was CCed in execute range, while the other attack was my Ultimate not in execute range. I've had ppl say (complain) that it hit them for 14-16k even.

My Bear has gotten a lot of hate :trollface:
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    The Bear is really strong, especially for solo play and smallscale, and it has been beefed up considerably with the CwC update.

Thing is tho: you just can't slap the Bear onto any build, you have to build specifically for it. Like what I did. (Shameless advertising ;) )

G9ksEw2.png

The 7300 was a regular attack while my opponent was CCed in execute range, while the other attack was my Ultimate not in execute range. I've had ppl say (complain) that it hit them for 14-16k even.

Any success in BGs with da Bear?
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

G9ksEw2.png

Yup, though I still forget to recall it at times after a fight or when moving on :D Gotta remember to use Pet Commands there
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

G9ksEw2.png

Yup, though I still forget to recall it at times after a fight or when moving on :D Gotta remember to use Pet Commands there

:cry: I wish console had pet commands
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Phatmattfu
    Phatmattfu
    ✭✭✭
    It's more of a PvE skill.

I'm hoping they add a set or item that gives it the ability to cleave. Then we might even see it in trials.

Healing ultimate turns the tide of pvp battles

Sure the bear could use some love, but i'm happy with it. It's my only source of execute as magicka warden.
  • vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    this is the best ult for solo. I can handle WB with bear. Not all of them, but all single WB are doable.

-vovus
    "If I'll need your opinion, I'll give one to you" - Rivenspire
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rossk25 wrote: »
    I find the bear to be a great ultimate. One of my favs. Also with the animal companion passives, ulti regeneration is great.

The only thing I do not like is that it needs to be slotted on both bars otherwise it will unsommon the bear. They should change this to just leaving it on the one bar.

The devs have already stated that all 'combat pets' will remain doubled barred... after all, you're getting a free 'aggro draw' along with damage. Being a solo player, I send the bear in first to tank while I deal damage from range... if this wasn't double-barred it would be seriously OP... especially since you'd also being able to utilize two ultimates.
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    “To Be read in a gravely movie advert voice”

The warden bear... the target dummy’s only natural predator... and good for pretty much nothing else :D
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BloodWolfe wrote: »

You post no numbers or information about the enemy, the health of the enemy (max hp and what hp you got it down to) or any info on your spec, gear, stats, etc.... Others have no issues and use the bear just fine (sure it's not the best ult but it's not the worst either) so when someone says it may be your build then maybe ask and see what you could do to improve instead of writing it off as the "dumbest thing you have ever read".

Post something credible to support your claim or don't say anything at all. My bear does just fine for me but I use him when I solo only and switch it out for a different ult when grouped but I have no issues at all.

My post, so I can say whatever I like.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BloodWolfe wrote: »

My post, so I can say whatever I like.

Just moving past the validity of this statement...

If you want help on your build we can give it

If you want support in trying to improve an ability, we can give it

If you want to discuss the viability of abilities we can do that too.

I highly recommend giving enough information so that we can work together, this isn't a "got ya!" situation.

Quite frankly, I'm interested to see what your stats are just to try and understand the situation you described. In no way are we looking to shame you :)
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'm pretty sure you're referring to the bear's execute ability, not the base damage.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm pretty sure you're referring to the bear's execute ability, not the base damage.

Tooltip, meaning base damage in PvP is 10k. So in Execute range it would deal 20k in PvP
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Laquey
    Laquey
    ✭✭✭

Tooltip, meaning base damage in PvP is 10k. So in Execute range it would deal 20k in PvP

The tooltip of my Warden Gank (non meta) build is 30K with weapon berserker up, Waffennacht is being conservative, but yes it's it execute not swipe, my swipe on the 30K tooltip is 5.7K
  • Evan8642
    Evan8642
    ✭✭✭
    if your planning on using magical attacks.
    if you increase your max MP that will give your bear more power
    if you increase your spell power that will give your bear more power
    if you increase your critical hit damage your bears critical hit attacks will increase in power
    if you make sure your critical hitting all the time then he will deal the most damage
    if you weaken the enemies magical defense / spell penetration your bear will deal more damage
    (empower does not effect the magical bear)
    when an enemy is 25% or below your bear does more damage

lets say when I read my tooltip I read that my bear does around 15,000 damage (which is low) when I activate my ultimate. when an enemy gets 25% and below that damage goes to 30,000

if I critically hit that damage is increased by 50% (because critical hits are your normal damage +50%) so instead of 30,000 damage now i'm dealing 45,000 damage, or higher and that's off of 72 ultimate or whatever the low cost is which is much better single target damage vs other ults.

you can further this damage if you decrease the enemy's resistances, or power yourself up with major's and minor's and unique effects (some work some don't) distribute your CP points into (increases crtical hit damage) etc

whats nice about the night mothers gaze set is you can get close to 92% spell critical making all your attacks critical hits including the bears ultimate if you pair it with other sets like it.

Using this skill on a player has a different effect;
    While fighting against other players you gain the effect "battle spirit" in which your total damage is decreased by 50% meaning that if your bear ultimate hits for 10k its only going to deal 5k damage.
  • Evan8642
    Evan8642
    ✭✭✭
    it also goes without saying that the stamina version of the bear "bear deals increased physical damage" in some cases can get easier access to physical critical hit % / total damage done which makes your bear hit unreasonably harder than the magic version , if anything they need to equal them out.