Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Should Helstrom be Depicted as the Argonian El Dorado?

Sicardus
Sicardus
✭✭✭
Considering the city seems to be the only major settlement that is confirmed to be erected by Argonians only, would it be fitting that the city is made a cultural capital? Perhaps it being the center, is where the hearth of Saxhleel culture is located. If ESO were to depict the city, it would be like the Argonian equivalent to Orsinium. Almost all of the dwellings would be in the Xanmeer style but not as decrepit, perhaps some even being colorful like temples were in the times of the Aztec Empire. Water would be incorporated in some way, much like Vivec City. This is where that hidden Argonian King and scalded throne rumors would be discovered. The city would be the last intact remnant of the old civilization, a major reason why other races have been both geographically and politically blocked from reaching it. To top off the major settlement might be the central Hist Tree...a mother Hist..and a potential tower.

One can only dream though.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sicardus wrote: »
    To top off the major settlement might be the central Hist Tree...a mother Hist..and a potential tower.

My understanding is that Tower-building is more of a Mer thing. That said, I don't know of any reason the other races couldn't create one; someone asked if the Sload had done so during an Answers Your Questions article and the answer they got from Telenger was basically "I don't know."
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Diabolus1989
    Diabolus1989
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't Helstrom considered the "capital of non-Imperial Argonia"? It would make sense that this city would reflect ancient Argonian culture the most.

The idea of towering Xanmeer architecture sounds really good. This is a land in which the other races, and by extension we, know so little about. ZoS have a chance to create something amazing here - Hist groves, intact Xanmeer, an in-depth look into the An-Xileel, and Argonian royalty.

I'm still curious how they're going to get around the dangers posed to non-Argonians, as the native poisons and diseases are deadly to them. Saying that, was it ever explained how the Eternal Champion managed to reach Murkwood so easily?
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't Helstrom considered the "capital of non-Imperial Argonia"? It would make sense that this city would reflect ancient Argonian culture the most.

The idea of towering Xanmeer architecture sounds really good. This is a land in which the other races, and by extension we, know so little about. ZoS have a chance to create something amazing here - Hist groves, intact Xanmeer, an in-depth look into the An-Xileel, and Argonian royalty.

I'm still curious how they're going to get around the dangers posed to non-Argonians, as the native poisons and diseases are deadly to them. Saying that, was it ever explained how the Eternal Champion managed to reach Murkwood so easily?

An-Xileel was formed during Oblivion Crisis.

I'm not enthusiastic about showing Helstorm by ZOS yet, because I still think that hordes of outsiders running and messing around diseased and poisoned land is too much. I would rather see whole Argonia in the TES VI first. And don't tell me about Eternal Champion xd, in Arena there wasn't even something like Daedra.
    Edited by Shardan4968 on September 13, 2017 7:29PM
    PC/EU
  • Sicardus
    Sicardus
    ✭✭✭
    To top off the major settlement might be the central Hist Tree...a mother Hist..and a potential tower.

My understanding is that Tower-building is more of a Mer thing. That said, I don't know of any reason the other races couldn't create one; someone asked if the Sload had done so during an Answers Your Questions article and the answer they got from Telenger was basically "I don't know."
    . I thought that Skyrim's throats of the world was considered a tower as well, but I could be wrong. Elden Root and a Mother Hist could be two naturally but improbably large creations of the magic lurking within nature.

Your description is basically how I envision Helstrom looking. This is old but the alleys are said to be wonderful although dangerous. That said, I do think one non-Argonian player would be able to arrive there under clear circumstances. Perhaps they need the vestige's help. Either that, or ZOS bends lore a bit so that Helstrom is taking non-Argonians by boat to see the city, perhaps so that maybe other races don't see Argonians as primitives. For the player base, it would reveal a lot of mystery. I know that many are proponents of mystery in Argonian lore but I don't think it should be hidden forever. Seeing players run around the city would be unnatural but it's kind of already unnatural for the other cities as there is one vestige. As far as poisons and disease goes, the lore often gives people an exaggerated idea of the threat it poses. Murkmire is where toxic Argonia truly begins, and while it can prove deadly in daedric arena form (Maelstrom levels 3 and 7), there's something about Murkmire Argonia that looks more pleasant than Shadowfen Argonia. I feel the outside races have most of their impressions of the province and the race itself based upon Shadowfen, but it seems Shadowfen is a less common reality of the Argonian province. Not that I personally think Shadowfen is bad, but I do see how many form their ideas of Argonians from that zone.

An-Xileel was formed during Oblivion Crisis.

I'm not enthusiastic about showing Helstorm by ZOS yet, because I still think that hordes of outsiders running and messing around diseased and poisoned land is too much. I would rather see whole Argonia in the TES VI first. And don't tell me about Eternal Champion xd, in Arena there wasn't even something like Daedra.

I agree about TES VI, I hope we can see whole Argonia especially in the 4th era where they seem to be enjoying political and hopefully cultural prosperity. The An Xileel has its dark ways of removing Lukiul, but I would like to see how they carry themselves. Are they going to act superior like the Thalmor, or will they sound cultlike, or perhaps they may just be diplomatic and are invested in the safety of their people. I hope Helstrom would be depicted similarly as I would also hope in ESO. In TES V: Skyrim, we see a crumbling country, unlike the robust parts we've seen thus far in ESO. I hope with Argonia in ESO and potentially TES: VI it is the opposite. I want to see an Argonia after the events of Skyrim that perhaps had never been more unified, whole, powerful, etc.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Argonian El Dorado? As a spanish Telvanni, I would be most pleased to loot that place B)
  • Sicardus
    Sicardus
    ✭✭✭
    Argonian El Dorado? As a spanish Telvanni, I would be most pleased to loot that place B)

Good luck getting there.
    Vvardenfall= Spain
    Indoril Mainland= Japan
  • ChibchanLawyer

As a South American Saxhleel, I would be most pleased to rally the argonian armies and stop you in your tracks! Which we failed to do irl but NOT in Black Marsh!

Seriously now, I do like OP's idea of Helstrom, but I gotta agree with @Shardan4968, I'd would probably be better for the entire Argonian culture to be developed throughly in its own TES Game, rather tan half-ass a Lore-Friendly explanation as to why there are non-Argonians, whom should die by the mere environmental atmosphere around Inner Black Marsh, casually strolling and trading in the heart of Argonia.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Considering the city seems to be the only major settlement that is confirmed to be erected by Argonians only, would it be fitting that the city is made a cultural capital? Perhaps it being the center, is where the hearth of Saxhleel culture is located. If ESO were to depict the city, it would be like the Argonian equivalent to Orsinium. Almost all of the dwellings would be in the Xanmeer style but not as decrepit, perhaps some even being colorful like temples were in the times of the Aztec Empire. Water would be incorporated in some way, much like Vivec City. This is where that hidden Argonian King and scalded throne rumors would be discovered. The city would be the last intact remnant of the old civilization, a major reason why other races have been both geographically and politically blocked from reaching it. To top off the major settlement might be the central Hist Tree...a mother Hist..and a potential tower.

One can only dream though.

I would love to see a sort of South/Central American influence over Black Marsh and Helstrom. All these colors and vibrance. It would stick out like a sore thumb in a very bleak marshy, swampy land. But it would be so damn awesome. It would throw something into the game and the franchise/genre that we really dont see in High Fantasy settings.

I dont know if the Hist would act as a potential tower. As from my understanding the Hist are sort of a invasive species on Nirn. But I would still love to see a massive pyramid built up around a massive tree with its branches and roots jutting out from the pyramid.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • ankhor8
    ankhor8
    ✭✭✭
    No. I like and appreciate the little black marsh land we have. I desire the core of our marsh to be unexplored, or at least left for a much later time period. Our Saxhleel ancestry is subtle, and known to a few for good reason. We have a pattern of anticipating mer and men respect all life like we do.
    First bramman acts in conflict to Marsh life. Then he attracts the imperials. They too offend our marsh nature and attack us. We stopped fighting the imperials when they first sought to dominate us because we trust the Hist(all Saxhleel combatants stopped at once). Then the some mer learn about the capabilities of Hist bark and decide to disrespect us by damaging the Hist and capturing our leel. Some next mer start messing with our ancestral loriasel keystones, intent on enslaving more of us with them. I personally deduce that was a factor in the khahanten flu. When we finally gained the martial will + ability to kill these disrespectful oppressors, the akaviri invasion occurred. Heita-meen and Keshu Black Fin would of killed the dunmer that chose to capture us regardless of almalexias' statement of abolishing slavery. We just need to balance doing more for our self and trusting the Hist.
    My name is ASIM Brown-Williams in this life. I strongly state that we need a group of studious, pro-Saxhleel dedicated participants to be involved in configuring other parts of the Marsh. Things like the Shadowscales existing before morag tong, and more Xanmeer appearing as one ventures towards the Marsh center, emphasis a strong ancient culture. Elnofey and Hist were stated to be first. We Saxhleel are from the Hist, we are the most native beings based on that. The Marsh is said to be remnants of the Hists' prior location, with most of it being under water. We breath underwater. Our usable space is large. An-Xileel only informed men and mer outside the Marsh of our existence after we sent mehrunes dagon and company back to Seth. We existed before, obviously. To what degree, has yet to be documented. Our potential is unrivaled, fortunately, most of us trust our Hist connection, respect life as a reflection and have remained somewhat disciplined and humble.
    To all Saxhleel and respectful ones, may your path traveled be through Clear Waters.
    Kota-Sax-Blood of True An-Xileel
    TrueAn-Xileel.guildlaunch.com
    Psn community page: An-Xileel
    Seth Salute