Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Duel weild stam dk?

WacArnold
WacArnold
✭✭✭
I hate using dizzy swing or any other morph of that skill way to slow for my playstyle. Can you make a competitive snb dw stam dk? I never see anyone using dw on a dk so before i invest alot of time i want to find out if it would even work and not just work but be every bit competitive as two hand.
Xbox One - North American - Ebonheart Pact
Anti-Pop Lv 50 Magicka Nightblade Dark Elf
WacArnold Lv 50 Magicka Templar Argonian
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still to this day the best offensive method for StamDK is sword and board... light attack + Ransack + bash. So much control over a fight with Reverb Bash... stun plus defile.

I tried out dual wield a few times on StamDK before... it's just not fast enough... and you lose out on Rally heal. Only way you can make up for losing Rally is to run Troll King... but that was recently nerfed due to defile effecting health regen too now.
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • RABIDxWOLVERINE
    RABIDxWOLVERINE
    ✭✭✭✭
    Duel Wield is more for PVE I believe where as Sword and board/2H is more for PVP.

I run a Stam DK with DW on front and Bow on back but I PVE. If interested google Alcast's Venom build. IDK he might have a PVP alternate for this build.

Like the guy above said you lose Rally but this can be replaced by Vigor.
    Edited by RABIDxWOLVERINE on October 31, 2017 4:52PM
    Rhaegar Gregorson, The Ebonheart Centurion - Imperial Dragonknight
    RABIDxWOLVERINE - Xbox One, NA, Ebonheart Pact

Loreseekers

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!
  • WacArnold
    WacArnold
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm yeah i hate not having rally but i was thinking troll king and taking the down side with that then using blood thirst but not sure if blood thirst has the damage to make up for dizzy swing.

I want to use the morph if fury i think its bloodthirst.
    Edited by WacArnold on October 31, 2017 4:42PM
  • RABIDxWOLVERINE
    RABIDxWOLVERINE
    ✭✭✭✭
    From my understanding DW is complete crap in PVP where as its basically meta for stam dk in PVE. I could be wrong but I think you are pretty much pigeon holed in PVP to use SnB/2H.

Loreseekers

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!
  • WacArnold
    WacArnold
    ✭✭✭
    From my understanding DW is complete crap in PVP where as its basically meta for stam dk in PVE. I could be wrong but I think you are pretty much pigeon holed in PVP to use SnB/2H.

Damn thats what i was afraid of. I knew it was for pve but was hoping i could make it work. I hate dizzy swing so much lol. Is there any builds that can produce that burst damage with sword and board alone?
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    2W has no burst but has higher sustained damage in PvE. In a PvE group you can excel at raw damage as Stamina DK and leave the execute to the sorcs and NBs. But in PvP you need the 2H execute.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • WacArnold
    WacArnold
    ✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    2W has no burst but has higher sustained damage in PvE. In a PvE group you can excel at raw damage as Stamina DK and leave the execute to the sorcs and NBs. But in PvP you need the 2H execute.

Makes sense i figured there was a reason i never. Saw it being used. Ok thanks guys.
  • RABIDxWOLVERINE
    RABIDxWOLVERINE
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure I would check out Alcast's website he has all kinds of builds and I'm sure you can find something that you would enjoy. IDK if I can link sites but Ill try its alcasthq.com

Loreseekers

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!
  • WacArnold
    WacArnold
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure I would check out Alcast's website he has all kinds of builds and I'm sure you can find something that you would enjoy. IDK if I can link sites but Ill try its alcasthq.com

I know about his sites use them for pve. I will have to take a look at that i may end up just trying to get the hang of dizzy swing. My internet connection is not the best and its just hard to get it to work right but i think i will give it another shot.
  • devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭
    I sometimes go 2 skoria 5 viper 5 shackle in heavy and it's great fun, sure it's not the best there is but if you just wanna have fun it's worth a try. First I did ravager but apparently flurry and morphs don't proc it so I changed to shackle.
    Though with the changes you have to go medium because you don't have forward momentum and need shuffle.
    Dw isn't just for pve its just not for every build, plenty of people use dw ik cyrodiil.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NB can use 2W because it has a class execute but people mostly play it 2H nevertheless for rally - major brutality + burst heal.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • ezeepeezee
    ezeepeezee
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think you can do it. I've made some decent DW + 2h stamDK DoT builds. They aren't quite like the block/burst style of 2h + s/b so you have to approach them differently.

5 7th Legion on the body,
    3 Agility,
    Unique 2h (I like Master's Sword here, Asylum 2h is also a good option),
    > 2x DoT poisons
    Unique DW (Again, Master's DW is great here, vMA might work but I haven't tried it),
    Troll King or Blood Spawn (or w/e you prefer here, always good to try different monster sets)

Positioning and priority target selection are very important here. Without s/b you probably want to run wings else you'll get savaged by mag sorc etc. Might try a mag cost reduction glyph because DK needs a lot of mag utility.

I can elaborate later but I have to run.
  • brtomkin
    brtomkin
    ✭✭✭
    Checkout Krotha's "The Punisher" build...

PS5 NA: Pickmans__Model, CP 2000+
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can you do it ? Yes,
    Can it be a viable solo build? Nah, lacks too many things.

Krotha's build actually worked well in no-cp. tried it, loved it. now Its obsolete sadly.

FYI stamNB/stamden works very well with dual wield builds. you can try those.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on November 3, 2017 2:37PM
  • Krotha
    Krotha
    ✭✭✭
    Can you do it ? Yes,

Krotha's build actually worked well in no-cp. tried it, loved it. now Its obsolete sadly.

How dare you call me obsolete. The Punisher is stronger than ever! (Seriously it's OP). I would post the tears on forums but my post would be removed.

Medium Armor DW/2H - I'm kicking out at least 1m dmg BG. Always doubling if not tripling my opponents damage. Same bars, however I swapped carve for brawler and I'm using the Master Greatsword.

Rest of the build details will be seen in my updated build video.

Don't believe me? @philotimodk Try your luck!
  • Speed_Kills
    Speed_Kills
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with Krotha, I've been running dw/2h builds for a long time now and it's as strong as ever. If you want help or have particular questions you can pm me here or in game @Speed_Kills. I've run dw/2h builds on every Stam class with great success. I am also one of the rare players that still solo,
    Some say speed kills, I hope to be proof of that.

Main- Speed Kills Nord Stamina Sorcerer
    +11 alts (every class, mag+stam)
  • SRASinister
    SRASinister
    ✭✭✭
    You really should look up and ask Nuru Guru on xbox na. He has a mean duel wield build on his stam dk that just annihilates in duels. He has run duel wield for over a year on it too.

Xbox One NA: Sins of Daemons
  • Krotha
    Krotha
    ✭✭✭
    @WacArnold

First BG this morning while watching football. DW/2H Orc Stam DK in Medium Armor.

rDxSZzL.jpg
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Krotha wrote: »
    Can you do it ? Yes,

How dare you call me obsolete. The Punisher is stronger than ever! (Seriously it's OP). I would post the tears on forums but my post would be removed.

Medium Armor DW/2H - I'm kicking out at least 1m dmg BG. Always doubling if not tripling my opponents damage. Same bars, however I swapped carve for brawler and I'm using the Master Greatsword.

Rest of the build details will be seen in my updated build video.

Don't believe me? @philotimodk Try your luck!

Well, I honestly don't, simply because bleed nbs exist and they are just better at the same job.
    With that being said Im a fan of your build. I just believe its meant for Nbs more than Dks.
    PS:Im an open world player. Duels and battlegrounds are meaningless cheeseballs for me.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on November 6, 2017 9:54PM